October 23, 2014 | 1844 users online

Cleansers - Aqua Glycolic - Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This line was recommended by my dermatologist a decade ago and I started using it again. It seems soothing for a chemically exfoliating cleanser. Leaves my skin soft and moist. My only complaint is the price seems too high on Amazon. I bought this locally at Eckard Drug (taken over by Rite Aid) and did not pay over $17.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was given by my dermatologist for rosacea, huge mistake!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im so glad I stumbled across a a blog recommending this for acne. As soon as I researched it a little I ordered it from amazon. I got the whole facial kit with the cleanser, toner, and face cream for $50. I cant really just review the cleanser since im using them all together but they are all working great so far. Ive been using it everyday for a week. My skin feels so smooth! I cleared up a lot of my acne by taking fiber, drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and taking a supplement called triphala at night. My skin was pretty bad before that so I needed something to help resurface it and get rid of old scars. I've done glycolic peels in the past and my skin took very well to them so buying this kit was a no brainer for me. Its working, I LOVE the pump bottles that the cleanser and toner come in. LOVE them. And as for the cream i just use a qtip to get some out then dab it on my face and rub it in. No germs that way. I highly recommend this stuff and a good sun screen. I will update if anything changes. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by drwtenn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the BOMB!!!! I am 42 and people think I am under 30. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I will never stop using this. I rub it on my face before bed and leave on overnight. If you have really sensitive skin this may be too strong, but it is great for me!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kismet42

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first thing that has worked for my adult acne. I have tried everything...and this cleared me up! I am currently 5 months pregnant and was desperate to find something I could use and decided to give this a try as a last resort. I must say it has given me the best skin in a very long time! I still get some blackheads but in general, my skin tone is so much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For starters, my skin type is this: dry in all areas but the t-zone, where I break out, but not a whole lot.

This stuff is just great. Right after just the first use my skin looked way better. I kept using it and kept using it and the more I used it the better my skin got. Now I've had perfect skin for months (which I totally take for granted by the way - I almost forget what it's like to even look at a pimple). Although I do break out a leeeetle bit only sometimes during PMS.

So you're supposed to put this stuff on raw, dry skin, which at first I thought to be quite strange. So I didn't do this at first, and I didn't reap the full benefits of this product until I no longer wet my skin. But, the fact is, I think it contains some type of water stuff in it so water isn't really necessary for some reason. It's strange, I can't figure out why it's like that, it just is. Then you're supposed to massage it. I used to massage it for a long time and kinda leave it on there for five minutes, but that's not the way it works. Just slap it on your skin, kinda rub it around, and rinse off. No big deal. That's what worked best for me anyways.

It leaves your skin feeling soft, clean, just amazing. It's SO gentle, that whenever you feel your skin just a bit dirty, don't feel bad about using it. It's just that great. With the harsher acne treatments I was scared to wash my skin more than twice a day with it, so if I worked out or something I wasn't quite sure what to do. But this stuff is so gentle and amazing, it don' matta.

This is really a miracle product. Sadly enough, there is a catch. It's impossibly hard to find. Usually I have to order it through some pharmacy. And if you order it at Rite Aid, you might get the runaround, because they hold it in the PHARMACY area. Weird right? Also, it's a bit expensive if you do have to order it. $30! Insane. If they happen to have it though, only $15, which is reasonable.

Also, it says it's from Greensboro, NC, which is a tad concerning, because I live in the Triad, so I'm not entirely sure if you can buy it or even hear of it if you don't live here in NC with these local dermotologists. Personally, I heard it from a friend who had adult acne her entire life until her derm suggested this, along with the toner and moisturizer, and now it's all gone for good. This is really quite a product. Especially for someone with dry skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sparkyroc

I bought this cleanser over 15 years ago at Walmart! Then as my disposable income increased I switched to more expensive cleansers. About 6 months ago I was back in Walmart and saw this on the shelves, so I bought it again. I love how this cleanser makes my skin feel! I can't believe I ever stopped using it. I'm not used to cleanser that doesn't lather, but I love the results. My skin is brighter, clearer, and my fine lines are reduced. For those who can't seem to find it locally, try Walmart in the pharmacy department. They used to have it out on the shelves, but last time I had to ask where it was and they had it behind the pharmacy counter. Hope this helps some of you find it locally!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I don't like that this product didn't lather. It also did nothing for my acne. The thick consistency of the product is good for shaving though, so that's what I use it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kiburford

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product a lot..when you put the product on your face when its dry it feels so weird like your no getting all the dirt off but when i used my toner afterwards it actually go most off the dirt off of my face i would totally recommend this : )

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 3 months and I'm a convert. I have glycolic acid peels done every couple of months at the dermatologist to treat hyperpigmentation, and I wanted something to extend the glow that I experience after a peel. At first I was nervous that using an AHA on a daily basis would dry out my skin, but this has not been the case. As an added bonus, my pores are smaller and I rarely have pimples crop up anymore.

Other people have mentioned that this doesn't do a good job of removing make-up, but I use Clinique Take the Day Off prior to using AG and the combination is terrific.

My only complaint is that I can't find a place to purchase this locally, but it's cheap and easy enough to buy on Amazon, so that's a relatively minor issue.