October 31, 2014 | 871 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jason Natural Cosmetics - C-Lite Skin Tone Balancer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a lightweight moisturizer with Vitamin C. It's a nice moisturizer though I'm dubious about the efficacy of the vitamin C.

I've been using vitamin C products for years. For a long time I used the Skinceuticals line of serums and they're amazing. I switched from those to Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum, which isn't as effective as Skinceuticals but is really nice (and 1/5 of the price). I couldn't find the Avalon so I got this Jason product - which isn't a serum at all, but a moisturizer.

It's fine as a moisturizer, though it's a very lightweight one and overpriced for what it is (as is the rest of the Jason C- line). I don't find it gives the radiance and luminosity that really effective vitamin C products do, nor do I find it offers anything in the way of exfoliation from the salicylic acid. That said, I have repurchased it a few times.

The packaging - pump housed in a glass bottle - is nice until you get to the end. You'll have a good 1/2" of product left but the pump can't suck it out, and you can't get it out any other way since it's in a glass bottle. I have to use 2 full pumps to cover my entire face and neck, so while other moisturizers this size might last a year, I go through one of these in just a few months.

I'm kind of on the fence about Jason products in general. I've more or less switched over from using high-end $$$ dermatologist-grade skincare to using so-called "natural" products since they're so much cheaper and generally just as effective. There are a lot of sophisticated, well-formulated "natural" lines out there but Jason isn't one of them. They make some decent stuff, but it's not nearly as good as they think it is.

I'll be going back to the Avalon C line. Better products at a better price point, and no product loss due to poor packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by SammySushi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did lighten hyperpigmentation I got when I micro-dermabrased (Neutrogena) and did not apply adequate sun protection.

It also helped w/ newer acne scars. I've been trying Avalon products, but will probably switch back to this one because I did notice improvement and my skin seemed to like it a little better. So far I would have to say I've liked the Jason products better than Avalon.

I absolutely loved the gooey, glue on stick Vitamin C mask Jason used to make. My skin would look so great after peeling that sucker off and my pores were much smaller. Neutrogena also had a cloth mask that was soaked in Vitamin C that had the same results on my skin. It was expensive because there was only 4 cloths...but I have not seen that product in over a year, so believe they discontinued it as well.

For those of us w/ oily skin, start an oral Vitamin A and C regimen. Vitamin A helps keep my sebum production down. I use Carlson or Nature's Way vitamins. I'll occassionally pop a Vitamin A and apply it to my face at night for a treatment.

I've also enjoyed the aspirin mask reviews here on MA. My fav is aspirin w/ a little lemon juice and sour cream as a binder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by twotimes

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hoping to lighten some brown sun spots and used this product just as instructed (twice a day for more than 6 weeks) and saw no results at all. I didn't have any breakouts or bad skin reactions, just no improvement.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh! - I only used this 4 times, based on some very positive reviews below. I know several oily-skinned people also said they broke out from this. I have somewhat oily skin underneath a dehydrated surface(which I'm working on), but this stuff made me break out too. Back to the store it goes! Also, the packaging is lousy for this type of product - a translucent bottle(too much light will destabilize the formula, IMO), and the pump feels like it will fall apart at any second. Also, the whole screw-top just didn't seem to fit the bottle that great either. Needless to say, I will certainly not purchase this again - a big thumbs down on this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree, this product is not good for oily, acne prone skin. It can cause underskin bumps and breakouts. I'll stick to weekly MUAC peels and daily Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic Acid to even out my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by heartforall260

I was really hopeful about this toner, but it ended up making me break out. It smells nice though. If I didn't have acne-prone skin I think I would have been happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This worked very well for two weeks. In that time, I saw my skin looking more vibrant and my skin tone was starting to even out. But going into the third week my skin started to become bumpy in a wierd way. It wasn't something you could see unless you were right there inches from my skin, but it seemed like there were thousands of ultrafine bumps on my skin. These went away in a few days after I discontinued the skin tone balancer. It's possible that using the product as directed on the label (2x per day) was too intense for my skin, so I'll wait a few weeks then try it again as 1x, every other day product to see if my skin can handle it at a reduced frequency.
I should add that I'm not a regular user of AHA products and 2x per day from the get-go may have been too aggressive for my sensitive skin. Anyone interested in using this product who's also not a regular user of AHAs might want to try it out 1x per day to see if their skin can handle it.Update: After my skin returned to normal, I started using pH Advantage Pigmentation Fader (serum) that contains 10% glycolic acid and 2% hydroquinone. Just to compare, after two weeks of Jason's product - I saw a small difference. Then after two weeks of pH advantage, I saw a BIG difference. Overall my skin became much smoother and the spots faded to about 1/3rd of what they were! And so far, after 2x per day usage I don't have the bumps that Jason gave me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff really does lighten discolouration. I saw results within a week. I used this rich emmoilient cream every night and my skin looked brighter and fresher in the morning. I also used it around my eyes when I was too lazy to reach for eye cream and it didn't cause any problems. I wouldn't use it in the day as it's too oily under makeup.

I've gone back to the Clarins 'Brightening' line now, but only because I can't get Jasons where I live. If I could I would definitely switch to Jasons. This is comparable in every way to Clarins Brightening Night Cream, and much cheaper!

One small gripe through - the pump stopped working when there was over 3/4 inch of product left because the tube was way too short! I had to store the bottle upside down and unscrew the top to get the lotion out. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by dgstuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the 2nd vitamin C product I have tried. I used the Body Shop Vitamin C capsules and loved the results. I will say the this Jason one is even better. It smoothens my skin and does lighten some discoloration. I started seeing results in the 2nd week. There were some dryness the first few days but it keep getting better. I also found that it didnt work well with toners. I also need to wait about 10 mins for the skin to abosrb after I apply it before my daytime makeup procedure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 3:37:00 AM More reviews by ilovefood

Been using this for the past year, this is the only thing I go through like crazy. My mom and I swear by it, we buy 10+ bottles everytime because it's so hard to find here. (canada) It made my skin VERY VERY soft, smooth and bright. Skin tone balance, I'm not so sure but I LOVE it under my moisturizer. My skin is smoother than a baby's behind! I dont think I will ever stop using this. I bought Cellex-C just recently, haven't tried it yet because I'm scared to stop using my Jason C-Light!