April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Concealers - Paula's Choice - Soft Cream Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product. I do like the color - soft ivory, as it is a nice yellowy, pale shade. I hate the texture. It's really hard to spread on. It does stay put. Only way to use it is to pat it in one spot at a time. That is a lot of dabbing for under your eyes and it can end up dry and caked if you try to build coverage. It's just a hard texture to work with. It gives some coverage, but nothing amazing. I use it just for the color, but I can't seem to make it work. Maybe I am using it wrong. I have dry skin but use moisturizer. Have tried a brush but find using my fingers easier. Also not the cleanest way to package it as you get sticking your fingers in it, but I could live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Eriu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as an eyeshadow primer since I really don't need concealer on the rest of my face. I've tried Bare Minerals Prime Time eyeshadow primer and Clinique's Touch Base For Eyes in Canvas and had mixed results. The clinique base was very shiny while the Prime Time was matte and both worked for a few hours but after 6 hours I eyeshadow creasing. Paula's Choice Soft Cream Concealer is yellowish like the Clinique but matte like the Bare Minerals and does NOT CREASE AT ALL! I apply with a concealer brush and a little goes a long way and the yellowish cast absolutely does not show through the sheerest of nude eyeshadows. Best of all, it doesn't dry out in the container like Touch Base For Eyes and the cost is a lot less than the Bare Minerals Prime Time eyeshadow primer. The only drawback is that unlike most of her products, you can't order a sample of the concealer before purchasing. I had to roll the dice on color choice and chose the lightest shade based on the fact that in her Best Face Forward Foundation and Pressed Powder the lightest shade worked for me. The best advice I would give Paula is to develop more shade choices for all her cosmetics.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do not buy this product. It is not the worst, but not very good at all. It slips off the skin in hardly any time at all, creases A LOT under eyes, has a very sheer coverage, and a horrible ashy colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim and I really like it. As long as I don't over apply and set it with powder it covers well and doesn't slip into fine lines. I use it under my eyes and on my lids; I also use it to cover rosacea redness on my chin and cheeks. The lightest color, Soft Ivory, works for me but there aren't many colors to choose from. Soft Ivory is a great 'real skin tone' color and you can't beat the price. If you're looking for a good concealer, I do recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I dab this on the occasional blemish, but I also use it on my eyelids. When set with a little powder, it lasts better than most eyeshadows on my oily lids. (I use the Soft Ivory shade.) I only give it a 4 because their discontinued No-Slip Concealer was even better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mdubs

Decent coverage, and doesn't seem to be breaking me out. However, it makes my skin look very oily and gives that "makeup" appearance.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got this product in the mail yesterday. I've tried it for 2 days now. I gave it 3 lippies because it does conceal my undereye circles, but it settles into the lines under my eyes right away. Both days I found myself patting out the creases with my fingers to get it to look OK. I found this concealer to be a little dry and slightly yellow too. I wouldn't use it for covering blemishes. As far as the packaging goes, it could be a lot better. It would work fine if you use a concealer brush, but I use a makeup sponge. I wound up returning it because I couldn't make it work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Count me among those surprised that this concealer doesn't get better ratings. I have tried just about every concealer out there, including some that are very expensive, and this one gives them all a run for their money.

I wanted a concealer that I could use on eyelids and under eyes, as well as on blemishes or any discolorations that need full coverage. Well, this concealer definitely delivers. I use a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin, and this takes me the rest of the way to flawless by covering any imperfections.

I'm fortunate to have found one of the two shades (the lighter one) that is a perfect match for my skin, but definitely hope Paula thinks about expanding her shade ranges for all of her products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely give 1 Lippie to products, but this deserves it. Paula's makeup line sucks, it really does. Her skincare products are awesome, but I have yet to find any of her makeup products even satisfactory. This "concealer" is not capable of concealing much of anything. I don't even see it working for people with very mild issues, as it is very sheer and it slides all over your face regardless of how you set it. I've found her foundations to be the same way, way too sheer, greasy, and just all around inadequate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised this doesn't have better ratings. This is my HG concealer by far. It's super creamy and blends into my skin/foundation with just a bit of finger-patting. It doesn't settle into lines or pores (on me, at least) and provides EXCELLENT coverage while still looking very natural. I also love that this concealer has just the right amount of yellow tones to blend down imperfections and look natural while still being flesh-toned and wearable. The shade selection is VERY low but I believe that is because this isn't a very popular product. It still works out for me because Soft Ivory is a great match, but more shades would be nice. Overall I think PC is a great company with excellent customer service and skin-friendly, high quality product formulations... all for a very nice price.