November 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by KarenNguyen2000

I use to never use cream on my face because of how my skin reacted to the cream. I have tried many different creams but none have given my skin good results - meaning no break outs.

I discover that one of my friend was using Aveeno baby Smoothing Relief Moisture Cream for his face and started using his cream. To my surprise the after feeling felt natural like there was nothing on my face. I went out to buy my own bottle at $10 and have been using it almost everyday or every other day.

I am very satisfied with this cream for my face as I don't break out and when I rub it in, there is no stickiness or oils left on my skin. The bottle was quote expensive but for the results it's definitely worth it. I mean how many bottles do you really buy in a year? This may last me 1 year! I hope this review helps you with your decision. The best recommendation is to try the product out first before you buy it. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I bought this to treat my toddler's eczema on his back when Aquaphor wasn't cutting it and this cream completely cured it within two or three applications. I use it as a massage cream during our nighttime routine and it has the perfect amount of slip for that purpose, plus no added fragrance. The thick, absorbing formula lasts until his next bath. Bonus: My hands are super soft when I'm done putting it on him.

It's usually about $6 at Target for an 8 oz tube but it goes on sale often.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This wasn't horrible but it definitely did blog my pores and all the while did not even moisturize it properly! I sense it also somehow irritated it because my skin became as red as a tomato , except there were little black dots poking through as well (yup this caused blackheads!) I will never try this again because it irritated an area of my skin that never usually gets irritated!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

This product was the one thing that would work on my face when I broke out into a bad period of dry skin. It helped bring my skin back to normal!!! My skin was so terrible and I was so desparate to find a solution--- I turned to the baby aisle since none of the creams that I tried worked. Thank gawd! This lotion was my salvation!
This is my HG moisturizer and I always have a backup tube regardless of what other moisturizers I choose to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Andrea400

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my babies who have eczema and a few days ago I grabbed this to moisturize my severly dry hands when my HG cream (Frederic Fekkai Creme Luxueuse) was not within reach. This is absolutely perfect for hands. I now have a cheaper alternative for a hand cream, although it is not as good as my HG. I ususally alternate the Frederic Fekkai with Palmer's Cocoa Butter for my hands, but I will replace the Palmer's with this. I LOVE it!!

Edit (Nov, 13, 2011): This has replaced my hg $65 moisturizer. It is simply amazing and the results are cumulative. After using this on my legs twice a day, for three days in a row, my skin is the softest it has ever been. Ever. I have kp on my arms and now instead of using AmLactin, I just use a scrub(the amazing Kiehls Soy,Milk and Honey) and slather this on after and my arms are silky smooth. And my hands...forget about it. Amazing stuff! I buy in bulk now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought it'd be a better version of Baby Daily Moisture Lotion - since it claims to be so gentle it's even good for eczema skin. But it irritates my eczema skin and only does the moisturizing job slightly better than the Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. Won't buy again.

smell: 4/5. faint smell, neither good nor bad. it doesn't bother me.
feel: 4/5. stickier than the Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, still decently smooth.
Moisturizing power: 4/5. not better than average, not worse.

Bur since it irritates, I can only use it on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

love this stuff! i have used it for years on both of my young children and finally used it for myself (too lazy to dig out my own). my skin felt so smooth and soft that my husband commented later that night. that was all i needed to continue to use it and now i am addicted.

then...i got the courage up to use it on my face (gasp!) and i love it! i didn't break out which is a miracle and my face is the softest its been for years. plus i am pregnant and my hormones are raging so my skin is ultra-sensitive to everything and this seems to calm it down. i make sure i use a very small amount but so far i dare to say it is my hg moisturizer.

the only negative is that we go through tubes of this rather quickly and its not that cheap compared to store brands. i will continue to buy this!!

edit: i do not use this on my face anymore. i got into big trouble when i went to get a facial.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my mainstay facial moisturizer. Not sure yet if it's HG, but I've been using it for about 6 months and haven't found anything else that can hold a candle to it. I have combination clog-prone skin and this doesn't break me out, has a matte finish, isn't too heavy or too light, no fragrance, and the packaging and price are pretty great since a smaller tube lasts me a pretty long time.

EDIT 12/2012: This started to clog my pores after about a year of use, so I no longer am using it on my face. Works great on my legs post-shaving, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this cream today and wow! I can already see and feel a huge difference in my skin's hydration. I've used Aveeno products before and stopped because I wasn't loving them. Thss one is completely different! My fiancee uses it as on his tattoos and as an all over body lotion and recommended it to me. I have very sensitive and dry skin and have had alot of problems finding a lotion/cream that offers enough hydration that lasts. So far, this cream is living up to its name. Will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xroars

i'm 17 and use this as my daily moisturizer. i like creams more than lotions because they are less runny. this soaks right in after a shower and in the morning after i cleanse. highly recommend this product to anyone!