DHC Renewing AHA Cream

4.6

water/aqua/eau, lactic acid, butylene glycol, glycerin, sodium lactate, glyceryl stearate SE, propylene glycol stearate, dioctyldodeceth-5 lauroyl glutamate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, glucose, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, magnesium aluminum silicate, zinc oxide, xanthan gum, saccharide isomerate, dimethicone, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, biosaccharide gum-1

on 5/14/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My favorite nighttime product was Arcona's Gentle Solution, but I think this might be even better (lower price, more product & same result). Exfoliates overnight beautifully without bothering my sensitive skin. I always wake up with smooth, glowing skin when this is used overnight. I love the consistency of this "cream" as it's like a milky lotion. Will purchase again and again.

EDIT: while this is still a great product, I noticed that my skin becomes irritated with red spots all over my skin with prolonged use of any alpha hydroxy acids / vitamin c. I guess my skin is too sensitive! I will just stick to the very gentle Brightening Serum by Juice Organics for my exfoliating and brightening needs, but I would still recommend this DHC cream to others!

on 2/23/2015 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this - I use only at night due to shine and tackiness. Stinging/prickly itch goes away after 20 min or so, skin is smoother, softer, more radiant. Paula's Choice Beautypedia "Best" rating.

How beautiful my skin looks after months of using this I cannot put into words! I decided I would use this product for a few months before putting in a review. You will not see overnight results with this stuff, this product will slowly showing results and when it does you will notice. I have dry skin along with dry patches, acne, acne marks basically everything that makes skin considered unhealthy. No Joke this stuff has made my skin so beautiful and healthy. I use it twice a week. I apply my favorite proactive toner and apply this over it and in the morning I'm glowing.

on 1/30/2014 2:50:00 PM

This is the only anti-aging product I ever used that I can honestly say that it makes a difference. I've tried all the drugstore anti-aging products that I can get under $50 - vitamin A, C, E, retin A, retinol, niacinamide, peptide, hyaluronic acid, collagen... Some at best may be moisturizing, most don't do a thing. I have been buying DHC cleansing products for awhile, saw the AHA cream promotion, read MUA reviews, bought one and oh man, the rest is history.

I use it 2 times a week after cleansing, apply generously over my face and my neck. It tinkles and causes redness initially. But after a few uses, I immediately saw the difference. My pores are reduced, my skin softened and my dry skin has a light glow it. After a couple of months, some of my acne scars are significantly lightened.

I should also put down a disclaimer that it is not a cure all. It does nothing to my dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. I'm still searching for the miracle for that.

Two notes:
1) It's not a cream. It has marginally hydrating benefits. You may want to use a moisturizer afterwards.
2) My skin peeled initially. Perhaps it was the result of faster cell turnover. The foundation caked up under my eyes. For first few months I needed to exfoliate with a cleansing cloth before I put on makeup. I don't have same problem now.

A bottle lasts me about 6 months. Do buy from DHC website directly for the samples and the frequent buyer discount.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

just a corrections for hlnwnyn-the DHC product contains Lactic Acid, the Alpha Hydrox product contains Glycolic Acid-here are the differences:
"Because glycolic acid and lactic acid vary in strength, each may be indicated for different uses. Glycolic acid is generally considered best for sun spots, fine wrinkles, acne and skin that has lot elasticity and enlarged pores. Lactic acid, on the other hand, is generally considered best for sun spots, fine wrinkles or lines, loose skin and rosacea."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/69393-glycolic-vs.-lactic-peel/#ixzz21gPq3zwa

on 12/31/2011 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading positive reviews about it on DHC's website, and it went on sale so I ended up purchasing 2 bottles.

Who knew that lactic acid was such a powerful exfoliator? I used Retin-A as a teenager for acne, but I still remember the burning and stinging after application. I wouldn't say that my reaction to DHC's Renewing AHA Cream is as bad as the Retin-A, but there's definitely strong tingling and even a bit of itchy feeling, both sensations subside about 15 minutes after application. It does leave the face feeling a bit sticky as some other reviewers have noted.

It's been a month since I've been using the Renewing AHA Cream. I started out using it 2x/week -- only at night -- for the first two weeks, and now use it 4-5x/week, again, only in the evening. What a difference it has made in my skin. It has really evened out my skintone by lightening, if not eradicating my sunspots, and my skin texture is smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm 40 years old, and the only significant wrinkle I had was the beginning of a frown crease right in between my brows. The Renewing AHA Cream has really exfoliated and smoothed out the crease. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore to even out my skintone, although I still give my face a dusting of sheer Mary Kay Mineral Foundation to mattify the Mary Kay Timewise Day Solution SPF 25.

By the way, daily sun protection is a must if you're using this product; however, as another reviewer pointed out, you should be doing that anyhow.

on 6/27/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This prod has definitely helped with lightening up the sunspots on my face, evened out my skin tone & made my face so soft. The bottle definitely lasts a long time. I use about 2 pumps a night, a couple of nights a week. It's been 6 months since i bought this, and I am only a third through the bottle. I got this when DHC was having a sale, but i would gladly pay full price for this.

on 4/21/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have normal skin with few breakouts but some discoloration. This works well to even skintone and is non irritating. I'm not consistent with this product because I get lazy at night, but when I do use it, my skin is softer and more even toned.

on 12/25/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used this a few years ago and had great results. Now I'm using again, 2x a week. It leaves my face very smooth. I'm African American and I have deep, dark scars from ingrown hairs on my neck, I noticed they've lightened a bit after 2 uses. I just bought this bottle, but when I used it a few years back I remember the bottle lasting forever. You only need a little for this to work. Good stuff!

on 2/2/2010 8:29:00 PM

Love it! It has changed the texture of my skin to a buttery smoothness. I started using it about 6 months ago, twice a week. It took me about 2 months before I started to notice a change in my skin's texture and a more uniform color. I experience a mild tingling when I put it on at night and it does make your skin feel sticky and appear greasy until you wash it off the next morning. My makeup is much easier to apply because of the texture. Don't forget the sun block which you should be using anyway.

Popular Treatments (Face)