October 20, 2014 | 1362 users online

Treatments (Face) - DHC - Renewing AHA Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by yanyan262

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only anti-aging product I ever used that I can honestly say that it makes a difference. I've tried all the drugstore anti-aging products that I can get under $50 - vitamin A, C, E, retin A, retinol, niacinamide, peptide, hyaluronic acid, collagen... Some at best may be moisturizing, most don't do a thing. I have been buying DHC cleansing products for awhile, saw the AHA cream promotion, read MUA reviews, bought one and oh man, the rest is history.

I use it 2 times a week after cleansing, apply generously over my face and my neck. It tinkles and causes redness initially. But after a few uses, I immediately saw the difference. My pores are reduced, my skin softened and my dry skin has a light glow it. After a couple of months, some of my acne scars are significantly lightened.

I should also put down a disclaimer that it is not a cure all. It does nothing to my dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. I'm still searching for the miracle for that.

Two notes:
1) It's not a cream. It has marginally hydrating benefits. You may want to use a moisturizer afterwards.
2) My skin peeled initially. Perhaps it was the result of faster cell turnover. The foundation caked up under my eyes. For first few months I needed to exfoliate with a cleansing cloth before I put on makeup. I don't have same problem now.

A bottle lasts me about 6 months. Do buy from DHC website directly for the samples and the frequent buyer discount.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

just a corrections for hlnwnyn-the DHC product contains Lactic Acid, the Alpha Hydrox product contains Glycolic Acid-here are the differences:
"Because glycolic acid and lactic acid vary in strength, each may be indicated for different uses. Glycolic acid is generally considered best for sun spots, fine wrinkles, acne and skin that has lot elasticity and enlarged pores. Lactic acid, on the other hand, is generally considered best for sun spots, fine wrinkles or lines, loose skin and rosacea."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/69393-glycolic-vs.-lactic-peel/#ixzz21gPq3zwa

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after reading positive reviews about it on DHC's website, and it went on sale so I ended up purchasing 2 bottles.

Who knew that lactic acid was such a powerful exfoliator? I used Retin-A as a teenager for acne, but I still remember the burning and stinging after application. I wouldn't say that my reaction to DHC's Renewing AHA Cream is as bad as the Retin-A, but there's definitely strong tingling and even a bit of itchy feeling, both sensations subside about 15 minutes after application. It does leave the face feeling a bit sticky as some other reviewers have noted.

It's been a month since I've been using the Renewing AHA Cream. I started out using it 2x/week -- only at night -- for the first two weeks, and now use it 4-5x/week, again, only in the evening. What a difference it has made in my skin. It has really evened out my skintone by lightening, if not eradicating my sunspots, and my skin texture is smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm 40 years old, and the only significant wrinkle I had was the beginning of a frown crease right in between my brows. The Renewing AHA Cream has really exfoliated and smoothed out the crease. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore to even out my skintone, although I still give my face a dusting of sheer Mary Kay Mineral Foundation to mattify the Mary Kay Timewise Day Solution SPF 25.

By the way, daily sun protection is a must if you're using this product; however, as another reviewer pointed out, you should be doing that anyhow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

This prod has definitely helped with lightening up the sunspots on my face, evened out my skin tone & made my face so soft. The bottle definitely lasts a long time. I use about 2 pumps a night, a couple of nights a week. It's been 6 months since i bought this, and I am only a third through the bottle. I got this when DHC was having a sale, but i would gladly pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I have normal skin with few breakouts but some discoloration. This works well to even skintone and is non irritating. I'm not consistent with this product because I get lazy at night, but when I do use it, my skin is softer and more even toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this a few years ago and had great results. Now I'm using again, 2x a week. It leaves my face very smooth. I'm African American and I have deep, dark scars from ingrown hairs on my neck, I noticed they've lightened a bit after 2 uses. I just bought this bottle, but when I used it a few years back I remember the bottle lasting forever. You only need a little for this to work. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by braxo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! It has changed the texture of my skin to a buttery smoothness. I started using it about 6 months ago, twice a week. It took me about 2 months before I started to notice a change in my skin's texture and a more uniform color. I experience a mild tingling when I put it on at night and it does make your skin feel sticky and appear greasy until you wash it off the next morning. My makeup is much easier to apply because of the texture. Don't forget the sun block which you should be using anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my key products for keeping my skin smooth. I alternate this AHA treatment with a retinol treatment, using this about 3 to 4 x a week at night only, and the retinol 2x a week. It sometimes stings for a minute and then goes away, but it works beautifully to keep the flakies and blemishes away. It has a nice texture and sinks in quickly. In the daytime I sometimes use Bare Escentuals skin rever upper which has mainly BHA and antioxidants in it. AHA is better for drier, sun-damaged skin and BHA works within the pore to keep them clear. Retinol really does shrink the pore size and helps keep acne at bay...and helps the cells function normally. I'm perimenopausal and am taking progesterone, too (bioidentical/cream). I also have a 14 year old daughter who's a freshman (drama AND stress). It's comin' at me from all directions, but I'm kickin' it's butt!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews, I got free samples of this with my last DHC order. After using it for a few weeks, I can't decide if I want to purchase this in full size, at least not until I try the Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion and/or 12% souffle first because they are cheaper. The samples were very generous and last through two, maybe three uses. There is some slight stinging at first and it's very, very tacky on the skin, but you wake up to a nice glow and it gets all the roughness off my blackhead-prone nose and chin. The samples and package recommend using it 2x weekly, but I'd need to use it every night, so for now I'll pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SAMm3

Just tried a sample of this - amazing! I was trying to save money by using the AHA Souffle but this is so much better, I may have to purchase. It does sting for maybe 10,15 minutes - not comfortable but tolerable. And then my skin was silky soft! It was incredible.