September 17, 2014 | 1252 users online

Shampoo - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Lavender

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is pretty nice. It smells delicious and makes my hair pretty soft and clean. I also like how it has a pump on the bottle, well it's a big bottle so it's kinda needed. It does make my scalp itch and kind of flake but my scalp is sensitive and almost all shampoos do that unfortunately. So overall it's pretty nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just finished my bottle of this shampoo, so I thought it would be a good time to review this product.

What's great about this is the smell. It is a wonderful, fresh lavender smell that does not smell generic or artificial in any way. Gorgeous! The lather is also great for a shampoo that has a sulfate product quite low on the list (I don't think this a sulfate-free product, from what I can gather on the ingredients list). I also love that this has aloe in it, which does make it have a pleasant cooling sensation on the scalp. However, I think that these qualities do not outweigh the bad as they can easily be found in other, better and even sulfate-free shampoos.

The shampoo irritated my scalp once my hair was dry, and I noticed an itchiness returning to my scalp after several uses. I do have a sensitive scalp and I don't use too many products in my hair because I am a bit of a noob when it comes to hair-styling, which is a great indirect benefit for my scalp, ha ha. It frizzes my hair up as well, which I find to be the case with all the Avalon Organics shampoos I've tried thus far. I've switched to the Phyto shampoos for the time being, and I'm quite liking the results with it, my hair is soft and my scalp irritation free, so I'm not really missing Avalon's shampoo (although I am missing the money in my pocket).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

How does this have 3 stars? Have relaxed Afro hair and was looking for a non-sulphate shampoo as they are said to be less drying etc... Bought this and it dried out my hair something terrible!! Fr the few weeks I was using it my hair was straw. It would feel dry and matty while washing but been after styling it still wouldn't come back to life. Since then I've decided t stick to my trusty keracare moisturising shampoo. I suspect it has a sulphate family member in the ngredents, but it doesn't dry out my hair the way this awful shampoo does.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkpointeshoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Once my hair went through the transition period of getting used to a sulfate free shampoo, this was a great product. Your hair will not feel smooth like it would with a generic drugstore shampoo, but upon styling it looks great. Recommend to those wishing to avoid harmful ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wish I would have read the reviews before purchasing this. It has a divine lavender scent that I adore. But, it left my hair feeling like straw. My hair was so dry and frizzy after using this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair feel like straw. The weeks I used this, I had maximum hair loss, itchy scalp and dandruff too. I strongly suspect the shampoo because things were alright after ceasing to use it.

Really love the scent (a strong herbal, mostly lavender) and the texture, just not the aftermath.

Something has changed in their new formula. I shall not be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this shampoo. Most organic or natural shampoos leave my hair literally feeling like straw. It smells very strong of lavender, which I love the smell of lavender. It cleans my hair and scalp very well, and amazingly enough is the one shampoo that does not leave a build up and I don't feel like I need to stop using it for awhile. I find it on sale at the grocery store for around $6, which isn't a bad price in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I don't know what all the fuss is about but this is a great shampoo! I have rather oily hair and I only had to shampoo with this once. When I tried the lemon version, I often had to do it twice. This lathers well and leaves my hair soft and clean. I didn't have any issues that the other reviewers had. I like this shampoo very much and I'll rebuy for sure. I think they may have reformulated this product, so don't listen to all the absurdly bad reviews. Try this for yourself if you are interested!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ravie

This is my first comment written and I will never buy Avalon shampoo again. This is the worst organic shampoo I ever bought. I have black dry curly hair, after using organic/non-chemical shampoo and hair treatment my hair turned much better already, but after using Avalon shampoo it was like a magic, to destroy my hair by just one wash! I could not even comb my hair even I used hair conditioner which I don't really need to when I used the other brands' natural shampoo. My hair got stuck if i did not add hair oil before and after dry!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo did not work for me. It left my scalp itchy, flakey and just very uncomfortable. I have very oily hair and so I have to shampoo my hair twice when using this shampoo. It doesn't leave my hair glossy nor does it create volume. The lavender smell is amazing though; I live in the dorms in college and it had the whole communal bathroom smelling like Provence. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the only good thing about this shampoo.