October 1, 2014 | 2010 users online

Moisturizers - Ole Henriksen - Nurture Me - Soothing Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by gbianc

A good overall face cream. I have sensitive skin, so I usually break out when moisturizers have strong smells and dyes, which this one does, but I didn't break out. I only use it during the winter or when my skin needs a little extra moisture. The smell is really nice, orange creamsicle, has a bright orange/red colour. It is a pretty thick consistency, and I found myself using a bit to much in the attempt to try and smooth it around my face. It takes a while for it to really sink it, and once it does it feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Rubytree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I meant to give the product a five lippie overall rating (despite the couple of things I don't like about it) but MUA won't let me choose five so it's a four! First of all, I am so thankful for having stumbled upon Ole Henriksen products, despite the fact that I'm spending a lot more on skin care now, it is worth the high price. I use three OH products and my skin is completely transformed.

I have 38 year old, olive toned Indian-Asian skin which ranges from combination in summer to dry and sensitive in the cooler months. On top of that, I use a Shiseido sunblock which further dries out my skin. Which means for almost 6-8 months/year my face is covered with dry flaky patches and feels irritated all the time. Enter OH's Nurture Me with it's creamy gel texture and the most fabulous hydrating properties I've ever experienced. It melts into my skin, plumps it up and keeps it moisturised all day. In fact i have even dared to wear foundation on top of it a couple of times, something that I stopped doing years ago because of the dryness, and I couldn't believe how wonderful my makeup looked and felt. I don't mind the jar packing but I'm not a fan of the fragrance. I usually like mildly fragranced products but I'm not enjoying the intense sweetness of this one. It is expensive but after trying so many cheaper moisturizers that either did nothing or just sat on top of my skin, I feel like this one is worth every penny. In the summers I use OH's Sheer Transformation and OH's Truth Serum under my moisturizer all year round. If you are struggling with dryness related skin problems, do yourself a favor and try this once.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't think I'd love this moisturizer so much. I've repurchased it three times now - takes me an average of two and a half months to use up the whole jar. It has a custard-like texture, smells like an orange creamsicle, and it wears well under makeup. I initially only applied it after using an exfoliator or peel because it was one of the only moisture creams that truly soothed and didn't sting. Then, when I started using a retinol serum at night, it became my nighttime moisturizer, then swiftly transitioned to my day cream as well. Right now in the warmer summer months I can use it on its own, but when the winter rolls around I'll usually pat a richer cream on top. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * sunflower seed oil * glycerin * dimethicone * cyclopentasiloxane * glyceryl stearate SE * rosa canina fruit oil * cetearyl alcohol * allantoin * ascorbyl palmitate * tocopheryl acetate * retinyl palmitate * panthenol * evening primrose oil * wheat germ oil * matricaria flower extract * calendula officinalis flower extract * grapefruit fruit extract * orange fruit extract * ceteareth-20 * ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate * cetyl alcohol * phenoxyethanol * ethylhexylglycerin * caprylyl glycol * hexylene glycol * carbomer * yellow 6 * red 40 * fragrance (parfum)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ginaold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was the first product I tried from the Ole Henrickson line. My face is on the dry side... especially in the winter. I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. The texture and the scent are wonderful. It sinks right into your skin without leaving a greasy film. My face is soft and my complexion is clear when I wake in the morning (I use this day and night). This has become my HG moisturizer... I have repurchased it twice. I have tried a couple of other Ole Henrickson moisturizers as well and I love them too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by DaryaP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin with roseacea and was recommended this product at Sephora. The sample wasn't large enough to really show me anything, but the smell was what drew me in. It smells like an orange creamsicle, so it's very sweet and pungent. That might not be a good thing for some, but it was a great thing for me. Smell aside, the moisturizer does its job in the moisturizing department; my face isn't dry and there are no dry patches to be seen. BUT the redness is still there, although it may have gone down just a tiny bit. When I am spending $40 on some face cream, I expect it to do exactly everything that it sells itself on, so just a little redness reduction is a no no. Regardless of that little fact, it's still a damn fine moisturizer for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Melissa916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer! It seems to be the older I get, the worse my skin gets. Not fun! This was suggested to me because I went in looking for a new moisturizer as my old one just seemed to be drying me out. My skin was very red and extremely dry. He told me that I might need to see a dermatologist if this lotion didn't help. The good news is that I don't need to go! This lotion has calmed my skin down and made it comfortable again. It does tingle when I first put it on, but it goes away pretty quick. I love the smell, doesn't smell full of chemicals. It sinks into my skin pretty quick so I only wait a few minutes before applying my makeup. My skin feels moisturized without feeling greasy. This hasn't caused any breakouts. I guess my only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump to dispense. I like that they use the glass container, but I feel like I might be wasting a little when I get it with my fingers. Other than that, I LOVE this and will definitely be buying this again. Also, this is my first product from Ole Henriksen and because I lobe it so much, I'm going to give some of their other products a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I accidently bought this, thinking it would be good for my combination, acne prone skin. (it's for sensitive skin/rosacea) I even used it a few times before I realized it wasn't meant for my skin type, but I decided to see if it would be helpful to me.
It took a while to notice any difference. At first I hated it. The smell was so overpoweringly sweet, it was almost unbearable. I'm not sure I really got used to the smell, but i learned how to ignore it. I was worried because it was so thick, and I usually use light gel cream moisturizers (again, I thought this was a gel cream). I kept on using it, and slowly I saw a difference. My skin wasn't red, my breakouts had significantly improved, my skin was bright, it even seemed to glow! I stopped wearing tinted moisturizer everyday!
I finished the bottle, but I didn't buy it again. Why? Because it was too thick for my skin type, and it made my skin oilier. It's also pretty expensive. I'm only 16, I'm certainly not made of money, and I can't afford to constantly replace this. I also hate jars. I would definitely recommend this fr drier/normal/sensitive skin types of for those with rosacea. No doubt it's a great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it sounded like it would be good for my dry, sensitive-ish skin. I normally use Alba botanica sea plus (now called even advance) as a night cream (and day too actually). I thought I'd step up to an expensive brand and see how much better they are. This one was a total fail. First of all, despite the name and description, there is nothing soothing about this for me! The smell is so harsh, it completely irritated my skin. Not just slightly but actually burning type irritation. I don't know for sure it's the fragrance but since it has such a strong smell, that may be the culprit. It absorbs quickly, which you might think is good but within minutes, it's like I never applied moisturizer, plus my skin feels irritated and burns as if I put alcohol on it. I am not even the most sensitive skin person, really. It baffles me that this is marketed for sensitive skin when it was so irritating for me. I sent it back and am back to my tried and true Alba.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I wasn't pleased with this moisturizer because I felt it was way to expensive to do nothing good for my skin except for excellent moisture. My skin was still breaking out and after 1,5 month I decided to leave it alone. Then I used a different moisturizer for about 2 months, and my skin was still the same. But when I ran out of the second one, I gave Ole H. another try. I found out that it was my primer that broke me out, and I stopped using it. Now I have no breakouts and my skin is deeply hydrated and feels soft and silky. It even helps control my oiliness on my nose, even though it is a rich cream. I'm sorry Ole for doubting you in the beginning, you're my danish hero!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

This moisturizer is very rich and it smells amazing. The only thing about this moisturizer is that it's awesome in the winter time, but is a little to rich for the summer time.