November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Paradise

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

Paradise is without a doubt the sexiest lipstick I own besides Revlon's black cherry. I love all my lipsticks but these two stand out to me. Like Airy Fairy, this is a complex shade, and I love that it has brown tones without sliding into 90's territory. Love it in winter with warm earth toned eye and cheek makeup, and in summer with gold and bronze makeup. I also think it's a shade that most skin tones can pull off, and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a classic mauve/nude (with slight peach) shade. This is a no fuss l/s that is excellent for my skin tone (NC45 for ref). I don't have to use a mirror or give this much thought. It is buildable and is such a MLBB shade. The formula is creamy but not heavy and the colour glides unto the lips with minimal effort. There is a slight gloss and micro reflectors in the l/s but no glitter or greasy feel or finish.

However, this l/s is not a very long wearing one. It wears comfortably for 3-4 hours before wearing off. My lips never gets dry either. This is such a beautiful shade and great formula l/s which is extremely affordable.

I definitely recommend this and I've become interested in quite a number of shades because of my positive experience with this particular l/s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

Paradise looks like a lovely pinky-brown-peach on my hand, but on my lips... they just look like my lips, but waxier. When swatched next to the Kate Moss Lasting Finish 08, I cannot see the difference. Paradise is a little warmer than Asia, which is more mauve-gray. Both do nothing for my coloring ("deep winter"). In the search for a good drugstore nude/MLBB, I tried several shades from this line: Airy Fairy, Asia, Paradise, Pink Blush... What I learned is that pale lips are not for me (even with a darker/smoky eye). I just look sick. The only shade that worked for me was Metallic Shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg!!!! The bomb.com!! Lol! I am always buying Mac or Clinque or LancĂ´me and spending an arm and a leg... Well Mac isn't to bad... And I love them.. But this lipstick cost me right at 4 bucks at Walmart and I love it so much.. I only bought one to test it out... And I have to go back and get more colors!!! It is so pretty.... It's a very pretty brown nude almost like a cappuccino color... Gorgeous. I will def repurchase... 4 dollars..: really? Can you beat that!!!??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the very first lipstick I ever purchased. I still have it in my collection and use it once in a while. I'm very fond of the color - a medium pink with brown undertones. It looks so fab paired with a nude lip gloss. My only complaints would be the packaging and the longevity. The packaging looks really cheap and could be a little sturdier. Also, I have to reapply several times throughout the day because the color fades easily. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. This is dirt cheap. Overall, it's a really nice lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I forgot I even had this, and I can't see how I did. I was shopping my stash this morning when I came across this lipstick. "What is THAT?" I have probably 100 lipsticks, but I usually have some recollection of what they look like. When I opened it I actually went, "Ooooh!" How did I not know I had this? Why didn't I fall in love with it before?

One reason could be the smell of Rimmel lipsticks, which I'm not a fan of. It's like a fruity tropical smell. I had another color that I loved and hated the strong perfume so much I tossed it. Paradise has that scent, but it's not very pronounced, so I'm able to look past it.

Another reason is that for a formula described as Lasting Finish, it's really not. I'd say the wear I get out of this is average. That's the only reason I knocked one star off. It feels very pleasant and creamy, even slightly moisturizing. It doesn't apply heavily, and it's pigmented, but leaves a quite sheer layer on my lips that's buildable.

It's such a hard color to describe; you really have to see it in real life to appreciate it. It's nude, pink, and mauve without really being any of those. It's definitely warmer than Airy Fairy, but has the same muted tone. It's got a pearl finish. In fact, I've never seen a lipstick that actually has the same soft sheen as a real pearl, but this does. For this reason, I think this could function as a go-to nude for anyone of fair-to-medium skin tones. I think it would look lovely even if you're tan-to-dark, but it would be very subtle.

All this being said, the color is so unique and beautiful. I think this is a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Well, now I feel like a dummy for passing over this lipstick for so long. I knew I liked Rimmel's moisturizing formula, so I figured I'd find the "Lasting Finish" ones too drying. Not so! This shade, at least, goes on creamy and forgiving, and lasts quite well, without sucking all the moisture out of my lips. I do like to top it with a dot or two of gloss sometimes, but it can easily be worn alone.

Paradise is a lovely pinky shade with a hint of nude and some shimmer that looks either nude or pink -- so that it's just slightly pearly, not frosty. Very wearable and neutral rather than firmly cool or warm in tone. For my lips, which are fairly pigmented, it's not quite a MLBB shade, but it's one of the more wearable mid-to-light pinky shades I've ever had (and I'm always looking for them).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by DamnSatyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very, very pale skin so it's always a bit of a task to find a lipstick that doesn't make me look pale and awful. "Paradise" by Rimmel London, however, is one of the few shades I've found that not only works with my skin-tone, but even manages to match my hair and plays well with my other cosmetics as well!

The shade itself is a bit on the purple side of mauve, and a bit darker than most lipsticks out on the market. One of the best things I've found about it is that you can sort-of 'mix and match' with it and other lipsticks - it's absolutely very layerable, so if you have a shade you love but it's just not quite working, you can put that on and then a swipe of Paradise over it and suddenly it's toned down just a bit.

My one, biggest complaint with the lipstick? The cap doesn't stay on very well at all. Beware if you keep it in your purse or bag - it can and will come off and make a huge mess of all your things. I've solved this by getting a small, zip up change purse and keeping it stashed in that just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Lemme just quote dnagirl's review on this, as it applies to me too: 'This has become my go-to lipstick - the one I pull out unless I have a particular reason for a different look.'
Every Rimmel lipstick that I own is awesome. I prefer their formula to those of Revlon, Maybelline, MAC, Dior, & sometimes Chanel. Anyway this is a beautiful rose mauve with a bit of iridescence and it looks very pretty. Lovely formula, the colour straddles the border of cool and warm tone, which probably means it will flatter a wide range of skintones. I'm medium, warm, around NC20?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

As other reviewers have described, this is a gorgeous nude/pink/brown lipstick. I think it would be flattering on all skin tones. The only qualm I have with Rimmel lipsticks is that the lids keep falling off in my purse. For the low price though, it is totally worth it!