April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Juicy Tubes - Citron

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by okusandman

This one grew on me, as I was at first put off by the whole yellow thing and gave it to my daughter without really giving it a shot. Later she was begging me for another tube and so we "traded" and I gave this another shot- and wow. It's LOLLIPOP in a tube. Just a touch of sparkle, sweet to taste and goes on glass smooth. Points for looking natural and going with ANYTHING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

very subtly sparkly with sweet, fruity pleasant smell. through the tube it appears yellow, and applied it is a clear yellow. it isn't intended to look yellow, but is intended to enhance and brighten the lip's natural pigment through it's yellow hue. it seems to make my lips look fuller as well. this also looks great over lipsticks as it really warms them up and makes them incredibly eye-catching. staying power is amazing as always with juicy tubes. i would buy again!
~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by smae420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this JT! It smells delish, has very subtle sparkles and goes on clear. Don't let the yellow in the tube fool ya! It's clear I promise. Serious lasting power, and lovely super glossy sheen. Would definalty purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by brooklyn7

Liked this one a lot. Lovely scent and taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

like another reviewer said, i was curious as to what effect a yellow lip gloss would have on my lips, and it just makes them glow! and it's super shiny. i only took a lippy off because it's difficult to get off. but it lasts too! love.

<3 kADY

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Lyssie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eugh.. Just.. no. This is weird because some people see glitter in it and others dont, I dont.. it's super incredibly glossy.. because its watery, it doesnt stay on and smells like lemon dishwashing detergent like someone else wrote. Maybe mines just a dud. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this JT(actually, I really like all JT's). The color looks a little bit weird in the tube, but on it is a sparkly(but non gritty) very, very glossy clear. I love the slant tip applicator, the smell, and the texture of these. The stickiness doesn't bother me and it has longer lasting power because of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love Juicy Tubes, it is the best lip gloss around, the formula is long-lasting, the tubes last for ages and it volumizes your lips as well. I bought one in Prune (a sheer purplish shade which looks good on my olive complexion)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by solipsist22

Okay-- the thought of buying a yellow tinted lip gloss seemed odd to me and I never would have considered it, but I was so curious in the store to see what a yellow tint would do to my lip color and it actually looks amazing! I was so surprised to see that a yellow tinted lip gloss actually brought out the natural hue of my lips and looks very natural, but more flushed. I am very into a natural looking lip and I love the high shine of juicy tubes, so I am very happy with this product. Yellow! Who knew?

I also chose this shade because it doesn't have those annoying sparkles/glitter in it (which I hate)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by erica057

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this shade, but citron gets three lippies because I absolutely love the Juicy Tube formula and packaging. I practically collect these things! As I adore the more "offbeat" shades like plum freeze and touched by light, I was really excited about citron. It has a great fruity scent and is one of the low pigment/high glitter JT's, like raspberry ice or icy pop. I put it on, and I so wanted to like it. But I was severely disappointed. I have unmistakably warm undertones in my skin, so I expected this l/g to compliment my complexion. But instead, I looked sallow and washed-out. Worse yet, I sport somewhat stained teeth from 5.5 years of braces. This gloss totally amplified the yellow in my teeth and made my smile look gross. Maybe it would be nice to layer over cool-toned lipstick to better match my skin tone. But I very rarely wear lipstick, so I don't have much use for it.

The bottom line: if you want a golden Juicy Tube, get Touched By Light. It's gold instead of yellow, and it has TONS of gold glitter instead of the less-noticable clear glitter in citron. Also it has a subtle steamed milk & caramel flavor instead of citron's lemon Pine Sol taste. It's a much prettier shade that yields the same sort of effect.