April 24, 2014 | 1850 users online

Liquid - English Ideas - Perfect Liquid

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This in Ivory liquid is wrong for me. The color is on the peachy side. The coverage is sheer to slightly med. I need better coverage. Otherise this would be a great formulation. Has a lumiosity and great packaging. On the fence with this one. But mostly no as I need better coverage. I bought this years ago, and it had better coverage. They must have change it a bit... Your call ladies with great skin that needs evening not covering.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by StellarConsulting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found English Ideas in Sephora. I was at the end of my rope and had been looking for a replacement (for my once loved Laura Mericier oil-free foundation).I have tried many foundations that cost more and cost less. I am pleases with the color match of this foundation. It goes on nice and dries to a powder finish. The coverage is not too heavy and the price is not bad at $30. I have been using it for over a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by decorgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this foundation at Sephora because my usual Prescriptives oil-free foundation was being reformulated (it's called Virtual Matte now). I have VERY oily, acne prone skin and wanted a foundation that was oil control and had SPF 15 in it. So far, no foundation controls the oil on my face so this didn't help that much (no surprise). Other than that, the foundation went on nicely and I loved the smooth powdery finish it left on my skin. The powdery finish does not get cakey at all and it's nice because I could eliminate using a powder on top of the foundation. The negative side was that the coverage was light to medium and the makeup wore off on me pretty quickly because of my oily skin. The color the Sephora employee matched on me was ok... it was a little light and pinkish (I'm Asian American) and I wonder if going for a different shade would have helped. It didn't make me break-out or anything so it does a good job not clogging pores. Now that Prescriptives came out with Virtual Matte, I'm going to go back to that brand. I may buy the English Ideas foundation later for when I need to wear foundation for only a little while (like running errands) since it's relatively cheap ($25), unlike the Prescriptives which I hate wearing for only a few hours at $32 a bottle. If you have relatively clear skin and not too oily, this foundation would probably work really well for you.