October 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is an excellent lip balm. Lypsyl's is also great, but this goes on thicker if you want (it can be built up) whereas Lypsyl's is lightweight. This seems to go beneath the surface or strengthen the skin (I know it's not actually possible) as opposed to most lip balms which feel like they are easily wiped off and you're left with no change.
In Canada, when the cold weather sets in, you really need something to coat the lips. It also is GREAT under lipstick.
Not only do I use it on my lips, but for my fingertips too, and elbows. On nose too (if chapped/dry) as a 'mask' before sloughing off the dead skin with a bit of tissue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by CatVid

This is an excellent lip balm that glides on smoothly and nourishes the lips very well. It contains a lot of precious oils like shea and almond oil that will pamper your skin.

It is not hard at all rather very creamy and you have to be careful not to use too much.

I also use it on small dry areas on my face and blot the access away with a cosmetic tissue...those areas stay hydrated all day.

All the ingrediences are of natural origin and the smell is divine due to the sweet tangerine peel oil.
If you like natural beauty products that work and care for fair trade, a stand against animal testing etc. this balm is totally for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by goldee

I don't understand how this lip balm could have such low ratings. It may be that some reviewers are confusing this one with the LUSH Whipstick which needs to be warmed up before using and is oily, not creamy. Lip Service is creamy, not hard and needs no warming up to apply. I have severely dry lips and have used everything out there, including some very pricey balms, such as Dior's and Clinique's. This balm has no special scent, no fancy packaging, but it makes my lips soft and more moisturized than any other balm. I wish it came in stick form, as I hate putting my fingers in a pot, but I'll continue to use it regardless.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my few Lush disappointments, especially having to warm it up every time I wanted to apply a little bit. Of both the lip balms I have bought from Lush, this one was even worse than the overly scented one that gave me a headache. In the end I didn't use this very much because it didn't do very much for my lips. I like Lush's limited and recyclable packaging but in a lip balm, I don't really like tins. Getting more thick cream under my nail than on my lips wasn't worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mellire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love it, my lips are heavenly soft! Best lip care i've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

This is by far the best lip balm/treatment that makes my chapped lips look and feel amazing!!!! I purchased this at the lush store I had heard this work great on the lips. one of the girls had told me that you can also apply this before lipstick and it works great. The size is perfect I feel it will last me a looong time. I use the mint julips to scrub my lips then apply the lip service it makes me feel like I've never had chapped lips !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a while and have repurchased it before so I feel I can give it a good review. I'm very particular with lip balms and have tried many from $22 to 99 cents. Lip Service is one of my favorites. It's the original and most moisturizing of the Lush range, although, they are all decent.

Pros: very moisturizing, slight tangerine scent (contains tangerine oil), only leaves a very slight sheen (I hate lip gloss and glossy balms), no taste, good ingredients and no preservatives (if you care about that sort of thing), NO SPF (I abhor SPF in lip balms. It irritates my lips and makes them taste like sunblock. Gross.), no need to reapply constantly, comfortable feel (some lip balms feels to heavy or waxy on or too gloopy or runny), a tin lasts a long while

Cons: pricey for lip balm in my opinion, love/hate the tin (I realize its a tad unhygienic, but I think little tins are so cute. At least the tin isn't plastic.), would like it to be totally matte, but I realize that's difficult

As you can see, I'm very finicky about these things and Lip Service fits my requirements. I would repurchase yet again. However, if your lips are disastrous and cracked and bleeding, I'd use something like Carmex because it really does heal in in a day. Lip Service is good to keep your lips from getting to that state.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I love Lip Service! I have quit using my Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment ever since I discovered this product. It is seriously amazing. And at 7.25 USD it is less than half the price!

I do not think that it is hard to open at all. In the three months that I have had it, never once have I struggled with opening it or closing it. Yes, like others have mentioned, it takes a bit of work to warm the product up, but that does not bother me at all. I love the feeling of it on my lips, and when I wake up after using it the night before, my lips are soft and ready for lip stick!

The only complaint I have is the smell, but I think that I am the only one. I don't know, it just doesn't smell GOOD-which is what I have grown to expect from LUSH products. But the smell is not enough to stop me from using it, and I don't notice it except for when I am first applying, so I can look past that small detail.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase this when the time comes, and I can't wait to try out more of the LUSH lip products because this one was such a hit.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by mischaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually didn't find the tin that hard to open or close. Also, the consistency of it was fine as long as it had been sitting in my pocket so it was kind of 'warmed up'.
However, the lip balm its self was pretty useless. If anything it dried my lips out. Determined not to let my $9.95 be a waste, I tried it as a kind of cuticle softener by putting some on my elbows. It worked okay, but honestly I cannot be bothered using it as that ever again. Pretty disappointed overall, the tin is just sitting in a box in my room now, pretty much still full.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cammy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. When my lips are really dry, nothing can make them more soft and moisturized. Whenever I am not drinking enough water, I always get this dry patch on my bottom lip that takes forever to go away (after increasing my water intake of course). This lip balm melts it away quickly. After 2 or 3 uses throughout the day, and it is gone the next day. I keep this around all the time because not only do I love the moisture it provides, but the scent is nice too. It's a great way to moisture my lips prior to wearing lipstick, especially ones that are drying on the lips. The tin it comes in is great because I know i can get all the product out before purchasing a new one. I will continue to purchase this lip balm. HG!!