LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

on 12/24/2014 11:32:00 AM

HG lip balm! Nothing else works like it. My lips have never felt softer or smoother. I love the ingredients in the product, and it lasts longer than any of my other balms including EOS and babylips... Every winter my lips are usually cracked and dry but this year my lips are soft and moisturized and heavenly. I recommend this to everyone! My only complaint is I wish it was in a stick form so I didn't have my fingers and my friends fingers (when they forget to bring their own) dipping into the pot...

on 11/8/2014 3:09:00 PM

I really like this lip balm. The fact that Lush makes it is a plus on it's own as I really like the company and their values, even though some of their products can be a bit on the pricey side sometimes. This balm goes on very smoothly and feels great on the lips. It has a very light scent which goes away after a few minutes which is I like. It has no colour to it and doesn't make my lips look light, as some balms can do. Glancing at the ingredients, it has a lot of different oils which is awesome. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it's in a pan so you have to stick your finger in it and use your finger to apply. I'm not a fan of having to do that as it's pretty unsanitary and I hate getting the lip product on my fingers. Other than that I really like it and will continue to use it!

on 10/6/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent lip balm. Lypsyl's is also great, but this goes on thicker if you want (it can be built up) whereas Lypsyl's is lightweight. This seems to go beneath the surface or strengthen the skin (I know it's not actually possible) as opposed to most lip balms which feel like they are easily wiped off and you're left with no change.
In Canada, when the cold weather sets in, you really need something to coat the lips. It also is GREAT under lipstick.
Not only do I use it on my lips, but for my fingertips too, and elbows. On nose too (if chapped/dry) as a 'mask' before sloughing off the dead skin with a bit of tissue.

on 6/8/2014 5:54:00 AM

This is an excellent lip balm that glides on smoothly and nourishes the lips very well. It contains a lot of precious oils like shea and almond oil that will pamper your skin.

It is not hard at all rather very creamy and you have to be careful not to use too much.

I also use it on small dry areas on my face and blot the access away with a cosmetic tissue...those areas stay hydrated all day.

All the ingrediences are of natural origin and the smell is divine due to the sweet tangerine peel oil.
If you like natural beauty products that work and care for fair trade, a stand against animal testing etc. this balm is totally for you.

on 5/30/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I don't understand how this lip balm could have such low ratings. It may be that some reviewers are confusing this one with the LUSH Whipstick which needs to be warmed up before using and is oily, not creamy. Lip Service is creamy, not hard and needs no warming up to apply. I have severely dry lips and have used everything out there, including some very pricey balms, such as Dior's and Clinique's. This balm has no special scent, no fancy packaging, but it makes my lips soft and more moisturized than any other balm. I wish it came in stick form, as I hate putting my fingers in a pot, but I'll continue to use it regardless.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my few Lush disappointments, especially having to warm it up every time I wanted to apply a little bit. Of both the lip balms I have bought from Lush, this one was even worse than the overly scented one that gave me a headache. In the end I didn't use this very much because it didn't do very much for my lips. I like Lush's limited and recyclable packaging but in a lip balm, I don't really like tins. Getting more thick cream under my nail than on my lips wasn't worth it.

on 3/29/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love it, my lips are heavenly soft! Best lip care i've ever used!

on 12/26/2013 5:12:00 PM

This is by far the best lip balm/treatment that makes my chapped lips look and feel amazing!!!! I purchased this at the lush store I had heard this work great on the lips. one of the girls had told me that you can also apply this before lipstick and it works great. The size is perfect I feel it will last me a looong time. I use the mint julips to scrub my lips then apply the lip service it makes me feel like I've never had chapped lips !

I have used this for a while and have repurchased it before so I feel I can give it a good review. I'm very particular with lip balms and have tried many from $22 to 99 cents. Lip Service is one of my favorites. It's the original and most moisturizing of the Lush range, although, they are all decent.

Pros: very moisturizing, slight tangerine scent (contains tangerine oil), only leaves a very slight sheen (I hate lip gloss and glossy balms), no taste, good ingredients and no preservatives (if you care about that sort of thing), NO SPF (I abhor SPF in lip balms. It irritates my lips and makes them taste like sunblock. Gross.), no need to reapply constantly, comfortable feel (some lip balms feels to heavy or waxy on or too gloopy or runny), a tin lasts a long while

Cons: pricey for lip balm in my opinion, love/hate the tin (I realize its a tad unhygienic, but I think little tins are so cute. At least the tin isn't plastic.), would like it to be totally matte, but I realize that's difficult

As you can see, I'm very finicky about these things and Lip Service fits my requirements. I would repurchase yet again. However, if your lips are disastrous and cracked and bleeding, I'd use something like Carmex because it really does heal in in a day. Lip Service is good to keep your lips from getting to that state.

on 9/29/2013 8:34:00 PM

I love Lip Service! I have quit using my Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment ever since I discovered this product. It is seriously amazing. And at 7.25 USD it is less than half the price!

I do not think that it is hard to open at all. In the three months that I have had it, never once have I struggled with opening it or closing it. Yes, like others have mentioned, it takes a bit of work to warm the product up, but that does not bother me at all. I love the feeling of it on my lips, and when I wake up after using it the night before, my lips are soft and ready for lip stick!

The only complaint I have is the smell, but I think that I am the only one. I don't know, it just doesn't smell GOOD-which is what I have grown to expect from LUSH products. But the smell is not enough to stop me from using it, and I don't notice it except for when I am first applying, so I can look past that small detail.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase this when the time comes, and I can't wait to try out more of the LUSH lip products because this one was such a hit.

Popular Lip Treatments