November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Polishes - L'Oreal - Jet Set Nailpolish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal Jet Set nail polishes are a line of quick dry lacquers. For a drug store brand and a quick-dry this seems to be better than some. The colors apply well and most are opaque in two coats (although I usually do three) and without bubbling. The drying time is quicker than non-quick-dry polishes but not so quick that it's drying as you polish. The wear is average at best with crazing, cracking, and dullness at four days and chipping at five.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, Jet Set polishes are discontinued, so your best bet on finding any are at stores like Dollar Tree or Big Lots, and of course the internet. I was a big fan of them when they were available because they dried in a minute and they came out with great colors. The wear wasn't the greatest, but that's always the tradeoff you have to make with quick dry polishes. If you see any around, make sure you pick some up because it's probably your last chance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS:After three days there's no chipping.
CONS: This nail polish really needed two coats for decent color. The color is pretty flat as well, with little shine/gloss which is a bummer. Noticeable nail tip wear after 1 day! The worst part for me is that it smudged even after I applied Sally Hansen Insta Dri on top for extra shine.

UPDATE: chipped later on the third day, so I removed a lippie :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by danai

I have this in a nice, subtle, pink coclor. On the container I read: "One coat lacquer, Quick & Easy".
I would like to ask whomever came up with this description, what exactly do they mean by "one coat"?
Because this color took me about four of them to show up.
First coat looked like clear polish. Second coat: pinkish clear polish. Third coat: very sheer pink. Fourth coat: rather sheer pink. That's the best I got out of it.
And nope, it doesn't dry that fast either. So I wouldn't call it quick by any means.
So once I got those four layers on after quite some time and effort, I ended up with sheer pink nails that looked rather dull; nothing glossy about them whatsoever. Oh and guess what, they started flaking the very next day.
Furthermore I paid about 7,50 for a rather small quantity of this liquid.
Only reason I give it two lippies instead of one, is the original, wide brush, which I do find easier to use than traditional ones.
Other than that, sadly, total waste of money and time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by obie1

OK and a nice colour range. Use when I'm in arush. Doesn't seem to last as long as others. Think it needs more drying time between coats

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jrw46

I love these nailpolishes. They don't set in 1 minute exactly but they do set much quicker than most of the quick-dry nail polishes on the UK market. There are a couple of really pretty shades (and some more outlandish ones for nighttime - or less boring people than me!!). They are easy to take off and don't stain your nails. If you put a hard topcoat over it then it does last (ie not chip) for 3 or 4 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was *completely* disappointed with this product. Reviewer betty_blue's experience is pretty much the same thing as mine: this polish did not dry within a minute for me, either. It wasn't dry until a good 15 minutes after application. It chipped and dented so easily. Even after applying a clear top coat to this color when completely dry, it was still susceptible to dents & chips. The only way this polish wouldn't chip or dent was if you were a hand model.
The polish itself was very thick and gluggy and the brush was uneven so it was pretty hard to apply it well. It was very expensive for a "drug store" polish at AUD$12.95 for 5.5ml as opposed to similar brands that had 15mls and was only between $6 and $8. This is one product I definitely won't be repurchasing and will be warning friends about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhh I love this polish. L'Oreal Jet-Set Quick Dry nail polish. Vernis secharge rapide. 0.5 fl oz. The color I am currently using is called Super Bliss 109 perle. I like this color it is kind of a flat basic warm mauve (light side) that looks great with any skin color. It drys so fast if I make a mistake I am in trouble. I like this color and got it really cheap.

Enjoy if you can find your favorite color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:08:00 AM More reviews by betty__blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the new L'Oreal line 'Jet Set Diamant'. I bought this in shade 407, a peachy shade of bubblegum pink which suggested to me all things cool and 1980's. At AUD$10.50, I thought it was a bit steep (you can get a bottle of Rimmel for $5, Revlon $8), but the promise of a diamond-hard polish that dried in one minute got me in. I was NOT impressed. I put a single coat of this on and after 5 minutes it still wasn't dry, after 10 I touched it and it dented. Later that night it started chipping. The colour also wasn't good for my hands (also the case with the Jet-Set Shine shade 'Tres Vite') which are very pale, as it seemed to be a red-toned pink which accentuated the red discoloration on my hands. I rang the customer service number on the Australian L'Oreal website, offereing to send the product back with the receipt to get a refund (as the product did not live up to claims on the bottle), but the operator simply responded that all HER L'Oreal polishes dried just fine. Hang on...aren't I the customer?!!! Unable to obtain a refund, the best I could do was the promise of a replacement polish in another line. I look foward to receiving it with much anticipation (not)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2006 9:07:00 AM More reviews by KatrinkaNoir

I bought this in the new summer 06 line "sunlit copper". I thought it was supposed to be a medium brown with gold flecks. Instead, it was very sheer brown, making my nails look diseased, with a little gold in it. It didn't even look like I was wearing polish. I am very disappointed in the color. It was not true to the color in the bottle. The packaging was fine, I was just disappointed in this color.