August 23, 2014 | 1371 users online

Powder - Sephora - Compact Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hit pan with this one! gives a nice light to medium coverage, i use it alone or i put it over my liquid foundation. color matches nicely also my only negative is that I have to touch it up a bit after about 5 hours but I would defiantly re purchase this

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by valeggua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Sephora compact foundation gives coverage..
It also made my skin very oily and after 2 weeks horrible breakouts!
It also had a funny smell to it, so I asumed I had a bad one. I decided to throw it away and give my skin a break. After 2 months I took another shot, since there was a nice promotion going on at Sephora: I bought myself a new one and made sure my brush was clean & desinfected:
Same story: funny smell, oily skin and breakouts after only two days!
I'm never touching this product again.. Very happy with my powder FX mineral compact foundation now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by tomayto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using BE Matte, but was looking for something simpler and less messy to try. After hearing recommendations for this powder from 2 different people, I decided to test it out. I was really happy with the shade that was rec'd to me by the Sephora salesperson because it's usually hard for me to find a good color match. I have neutral to yellow undertones, but a lot of red in my face due to current acne and old scars. C22 matched my skin perfectly. I wear Medium Beige in BE and C3 in Studiofix. The consistency of the powder was really fine and not cakey when applied with the BE Heavenly Face brush I already own. Coverage was really good, although I still had to wear concealer on trouble spots and red areas. The only trouble with the packaging is that I wish this had a mirror. I wore this all last weekend. It stayed on all day and skin looked great in pictures. I thought I had found my new foundation, until I woke up with 2 huge cystic pimples covering my entire chin on Monday. The horror. I still break out frequently, but I haven't had the cystic variety of pimples in several years so I know it was due to this powder. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out for me since the price for this is reasonable and the coverage and color match is great. Back to BE I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by VeryCherryBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect much to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never, never, never liked compact foundation, and I've only ever used loose minerals. The packaging is sleek and convenient, and it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As for powder foundations I found this one to be decent. The coverage was nice. The color stayed true through the day. Purchased mine with the entire kit from Sephora, though I was not real into the fact that they put a cream concealer with it. Overall I could see me purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by shivalivig

I tried this on in store and went home. When i got home several hours later the coverage was still as perfect as it was when i put it on. It come with a padded applicator with two sides. Side one is white and meant for light coverage and the other side is black and meant for heavier coverage. The pad is good but i use a kabuki brush instead. I feel like it leaves a more natural look. The only reason i gave it four stars instead of five is because. If i scratch my face or wipe it lightly with a napkin some of the foundatuon wipes off. However, i think a good primer can resolve that problem!!!! All in all, im really surpriseds by some of the negative reviews! I totally reccommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I HATED this powder!! I tried giving it so many chances and I really tried to like it, but I seriously can't stand this product so i ended up returning it. Although this does give really good coverage, it makes me soooo oily! I don't know what's with this powder but I seriously feel like a grease ball within 2 hours of applying it. It also makes me look really cakey too. Blegh .. i hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in D40 to use as a contour color. It works well for pulling in the sides of my face just right. It's a little pricey, but since I use it for just contouring it lasts a good while.

Downside would have to be the packaging. The top of my compact sort of fell off and it's very loosely attached right now. I have to be so careful opening the container as to not pull the whole top off. Given, I've had the compact for about 6 months, but even my L'Oreal compacts are holding up better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I agree with other review that this product cause break out so bad. I went to sephora and tried this one on and just a few hours later when I got home and took it off, I could feel my face have something undersin going on. And the morning after I had 4-5 huge pimples just appeared on my face. I was not sure it was the Sephora product, but the other day I went back to Sephora and tried on the concealer. I had the same reaction with the powder. They totally put some ingredients in their products that some people like me break out so badly. But overall, this powder feels smooth and gives good coverage.