September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Bronzers - Sonia Kashuk - Pressed Powder Bronzer - Golden

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by misanders

I've had this bronzer for at least 6 months and agree with that it was hard to see on the skin at first. I had to find a brush that picked up enough product to show up. The Sonia Kashuk blush brush worked best. This gave me a great bronze glow on my tan skin. If you use a soft brush it might not show up well. I have used this for a month straight and feel there are a few problems. Besides finding the right brush I found the gold powder is much softer and comes off more than the bronze. I have hit pan only in the gold S where the bronze looks new. Being close to 40 I found the gold highlight over my face accentuated fine lines. My final thought is this would work great for a young woman with warm undertones.
(To make this perfect I'd have less gold- maybe a smaller S)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by EarthAngelGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a good bronzer to women of color or darker-toned woman. My skin is olive and it barely showed up. Just wanted to try ;) May be great for paler skinned women and asian women. Nice packaging, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by PrettyTigerEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was the first bronzer I ever bought, and I was kind of disappointed. The packaging, which is what caught my eye in the store, is probably the best part about this lackluster product. It seemed like I could never quite get enough layers for this to show up correctly. I would load up my brush with a fairly heavy hand each time but the product just didn't show up on my skin, which is very pale.
The NYC Sunny blush is much more pigmented and is cheaper than this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this bronzer like 3-4 years ago. What I remember is that it takes a lot of applications for your skin to become "bronzed"....which could either be a bad or good thing depending on the look you're going for. The good side of it is that it doesn't make you look like snooki...the bad would be that most people use bronzers to make themselves darker, which is hard to achieve with this bronzer. It is expensive for the amount of product you get. This bronzer used to last me like 2 weeks because you have to use a lot of it to even look a shade darker to make any difference at all. So, this won't last long. I don't use this anymore because it really never gave me any extra color, so I do not reccommend this for true bronzer users. I prefer covergirl's trublend loose powder bronzer. It works so much better, actually gives you color(not orange), & comes with A LOT of product. One jar has lasted me over a year. But, as for this bronzer, not so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by graceg143

This bronzer has very cute packaging, but the bronzer is nothing special.
The bronzer seems to clump into my eyebrows, making them have a weird, very orange look to them.

Going to Target, you might as well spend a couple extra dollars on the Nuetrogena one, which I like much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so pale I needed to bronze it up a bit while on vacation, so bought this from Target (no Sephora on the road...) It is very yellow on me and it makes me look jaundiced and glittery. Priced OK, but just not working for me. Also, you can't get to the product and use the mirror in this compact at the same time--poor design IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am a pale NC 15 (winter) - NC 20 (summer) asian with acne-prone, and super duper oily skin.
***PROS: This bronzer's color is perfect. It dosen't change color throughout the day and it gives me that natural healthy glow and contour. It was easy to find in my local Target for about $10.99. The flip compact is super strong. On top of everything, it didn't break me out.
***CONS: A bit expensive for a poor college kid. This bronzer IS NOT MATTE IN SUNLIGHT! If you're going outside, get ready to look like a GLITTER BALL! ...but indoors it is "matte". For this purpose, I will not repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jluker13

I bought this while strolling through Target one day. The overall look with the gold "S" looked pretty cool and it wasnt terribly expensive so I bought it on a whim with hopes it would be my new bronzer. How wrong was I!! But I guess thats what I get for buying it based on how cool it looked. I agree with the previous review about how it took a lot to show up on my fair skin. If anything it should show up dark on my skin, but that was not the case at all. Also it came off a bit muddy looking to me. Maybe that was due to the amount I had to put on my face in order to get it to show up. Not sure all I know is I wont be repurchasing. The end:)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by victorious7

I heard that this bronzer is very good and the rating here is great but IMO, I don't think it's all that. I purchased this hoping that it was good but not. However I'm glad that it's not too orangy like every one else said. My skin tone is fair but I think I like it a little bit darker. I Guess I was a bit disappointed because I couldn't see the color when I contoured my face. I had to use a lot on my face. Well, I have no choice but am stuck with it. I guess it depends on the person. The price is not worth the pay. Should be lower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I'm not a fan of bronzers, but I bought this to use as to sculpt my cheekbones (apply under cheekbones under blush line and blend) and it does a great job without leaving my cheeks looking obviously sculpted or orange. Because I only use it for sculpting, I'll have this one compact for years. I may try it in the summer as a regular bronzer. FYI, I bought this at Bloomingdales, of all places, where I discovered that they have a Space N.K. section with Sonia Kashuk products that you can actually test and sales people to help you and the products are the SAME PRICE as Target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This same section also sells the professional line of Jemma Kidd.