January 26, 2015 | 1515 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this lipstick as my B2M lippie. Yes this is a bright bold shade. Bright fuschia pink lippie with no moisturizing properties what so ever. That is my only problem with this lippie. I am a NC40 for reference and almost all the Indian blogs rave about this lipstick as a must for Indian skin tones. The staying power is also ok, so don't expect much...I reapply as often as I can.
Yes from me if you are looking for a bright lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a Christmas gift from one of my friends, who claimed that I needed to step up my bright lipstick game. Well, she certainly picked out an awesome color!
Girl About Town is a wonderful lipstick if you're seriously about to go about town or are going out for a night on the town. On my NC40 through NC44 skin-tone, it appears as a cool toned, bright magenta pink. You certainly will be turning heads while wearing this. My only complaint for this would be that this lipstick may look slightly off on certain tan skin tone variations. I feel that a more deeper tanned complexion could pull this off more effectively and beautifully than a lighter tanned complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by PentacleQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick because of the rave reviews it's gotten, and its supposedly a really popular shade for girls with tanned skin. Well,........

I think this lipstick is highly overrated.

The color, the finish...I just feel like there's nothing special about it - it's a common shade that you can find at any drugstore for a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by cjpramix

This was my first MAC lippie ever and I love the color!!! The fuschia pink color is beautiful and brightens up my face everytime :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I adore this. I'm a certified Red Lipstick Fiend and this is the only lipstick that makes me cheat on my red babies. I'm not scared or intimidated by bright colors as my signature look has always been to have the pop of color in my lips, but surprisingly, this is a very wearable shade and you can actually control the "brightness" of it by layering. Feels very comfortable on the lips & leaves a lovely wash of color instead of disappearing/traveling. My only gripe is that the shade makes my teeth look yellow (as per my dentist), but what the heck, that's a small price to pay for something that I genuinely love! Definitely my fave MAC lipstick now!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't wanna get this cuz im dark NC50 and I don't like anything that's too loud and when I used it over my mac prep & prime it was extra loud but still looked good. Would I repurchase it? No there's a Milani dupe in the same shade. I put them next to each other and couldn't really tell the difference. I like to mix it with my mac dark side though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by xxnathanwolfexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a pink lipstick kind of guy, but Girl About Town caught my eye and I had to get it. The first thing that I noticed was the smell, which is great (it's reminiscent of vanilla frosting). The color makes my teeth look whiter and it brightens up my face. I would recommend this to anyone with cooler toned skin, and make sure moisturise before applying if you do pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Girl About Town is my first MAC lipstick, I chose it because of the stellar reviews on MUA and it's one of MAC's top-sellers. It's $18 CAD for 0.10oz and an amplified creme finish. I'm NC30 with black hair and a glasses wearer so I'd favour a bold lip over a smokey eye any day. Holy pigmentation Batman, it's a beautiful cool toned fuschia that makes my teeth whiter. I don't need to wear this with a lip liner. I'll swipe a bit of lipstick on my (clean) ring finger and pat it onto my lips to create a base and to prevent fading throughout the day, then apply the lipstick straight from the tube, apply Blistex lip medex with a lip brush on the center of my lips (chronic dry lips syndrome) and perhaps a gloss from Buxom if the mood strikes. I can get through a full nine hour work day with no touch ups or worrying about lipstick being smeared everywhere. Girl About Town adds a little va va voom with little effort. HG status for sure. Dupes include: Revlon sorbet, Covergirl spellbound and Givenchy fuchsia irresistible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favourite pink lipstick. With my pale olive-ish complexion this colour somehow makes me look more tanned than I am and I always get compliments. It is great on its own and also works well with a gloss (glitter or plain). This lipstick also has the best staying power of any lipstick I've ever used. I can put it on at 7am, go to uni and get home at 6pm, still looking the same without a single touch up! (and yes I eat, and drink etc) The consistency is really good, it doesn't dry or crack while you're wearing it and it goes on really easily straight from the tube, I don't use a lip pencil with it and I don't really feel the need to. It also has a vanilla-ish scent which is lovely (beats the paint smell you sometimes get) absolutely adore this and will be devastated if it ever gets discontinued.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Purchased this colour along with some other new MAC lipsticks as was stuck in a lipstick rut of the same three lip colours for the last 3 years! have to say this is a really nice pink, its fun and bubbly, a very girly pink. Think bright and bold without being trashy. Very summery colour, looks great with clear gloss over it. Works even with a dark eye. Recommend.