November 27, 2014 | 1509 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't wanna get this cuz im dark NC50 and I don't like anything that's too loud and when I used it over my mac prep & prime it was extra loud but still looked good. Would I repurchase it? No there's a Milani dupe in the same shade. I put them next to each other and couldn't really tell the difference. I like to mix it with my mac dark side though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by xxnathanwolfexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a pink lipstick kind of guy, but Girl About Town caught my eye and I had to get it. The first thing that I noticed was the smell, which is great (it's reminiscent of vanilla frosting). The color makes my teeth look whiter and it brightens up my face. I would recommend this to anyone with cooler toned skin, and make sure moisturise before applying if you do pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Girl About Town is my first MAC lipstick, I chose it because of the stellar reviews on MUA and it's one of MAC's top-sellers. It's $18 CAD for 0.10oz and an amplified creme finish. I'm NC30 with black hair and a glasses wearer so I'd favour a bold lip over a smokey eye any day. Holy pigmentation Batman, it's a beautiful cool toned fuschia that makes my teeth whiter. I don't need to wear this with a lip liner. I'll swipe a bit of lipstick on my (clean) ring finger and pat it onto my lips to create a base and to prevent fading throughout the day, then apply the lipstick straight from the tube, apply Blistex lip medex with a lip brush on the center of my lips (chronic dry lips syndrome) and perhaps a gloss from Buxom if the mood strikes. I can get through a full nine hour work day with no touch ups or worrying about lipstick being smeared everywhere. Girl About Town adds a little va va voom with little effort. HG status for sure. Dupes include: Revlon sorbet, Covergirl spellbound and Givenchy fuchsia irresistible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favourite pink lipstick. With my pale olive-ish complexion this colour somehow makes me look more tanned than I am and I always get compliments. It is great on its own and also works well with a gloss (glitter or plain). This lipstick also has the best staying power of any lipstick I've ever used. I can put it on at 7am, go to uni and get home at 6pm, still looking the same without a single touch up! (and yes I eat, and drink etc) The consistency is really good, it doesn't dry or crack while you're wearing it and it goes on really easily straight from the tube, I don't use a lip pencil with it and I don't really feel the need to. It also has a vanilla-ish scent which is lovely (beats the paint smell you sometimes get) absolutely adore this and will be devastated if it ever gets discontinued.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Purchased this colour along with some other new MAC lipsticks as was stuck in a lipstick rut of the same three lip colours for the last 3 years! have to say this is a really nice pink, its fun and bubbly, a very girly pink. Think bright and bold without being trashy. Very summery colour, looks great with clear gloss over it. Works even with a dark eye. Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by asbpalma

A perfect pink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I would buy again and again this is a favorite it illuminates my eye makeup while wearing it and it is the perfect shade of pink not too light or bright its just all around perfect and this and hot tahiti are MAC's best colors

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by weheartmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to the MAC website and just wanted to spend money... I clicked on "Best Sellers" and Girl About Town came up. I decided to get it because it had awesome reviews.

Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful, berry color. It goes on smoothly but I am 20 years old. Girl About Town is too sophisticated for my liking. I am only getting older and I want to wear fun colors like Impassioned or Pink Nouveau.

I think if you are at least 25 years old and up then it will probably be the best sophisticated pink you can get at MAC. Other than that, I would suggest going for something else.

Another thing that bothered me is that Girl About Town has so many drugstore dupes. The color isn't EXTRAordinary... its just ordinary.

Maybe I'll repurchase, but probably not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Dias14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite shade ever!!! This pink goes well with every skin tone... You can wear it during the whole day, to work, to party...
I've tried some other brands, searching for a similar color (but a bit cheaper), however, Girl About Town is unique.. The only lipstick that's kinda similar for me, is Mac's Lickable.
It's a must-have, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant about purchasing this color because I thought it would be too loud against my NC45/50 skintone. I finally purchased this after I decided that the lipglass version of GAT was too bright for me. When I go home and put it on, it made my teeth look yellow and I seriously considered taking it back.
A couple of weeks later I decided to test it with Currant lipliner. This time, GAT looked much better and I like it even better paired with Milani's Fuschia lipliner. I even tried it on without lipliner and I was pleasantly surprised at how flattering this color alone is on me. It also doesn't make my teeth look yellow anymore, so maybe it was just the day I tried it on? LOL
Anyway, this is a great pink for darker skintones and it can be built up or toned down. Since this formula is somewhat drying and can settle into lines, I recommend prepping lips first.