MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This lipstick is so pretty...the right pink shade the texture and pigmentation all amazing...i'm an nc35 looks very nice and it would suit all skin tones...

My 3rd MAC lippie. I'm not a Kim Kardashian fan, but it was her who got me into this lippie. This is the lippie that got me out of my comfortable MLBB zone to try bold, bright and punchy colors.

Girl About Town is a fuchsia lipstick. It's somewhat hot pink too, but mostly fuchsia. It's an amplified cream, which is my favorite lipstick finish because its opaque and glides like butter on your lips. Personally, swiping it felt like a lustre finish. Among all my amplifieds this particular shade is the most long-lasting. One time, I slept without bothering to take my makeup off and it's still there. You can never take it off easily with wet wipes or even with soap and running water. It's so pigmented that you can survive 4-6 hours without retouching, and it leaves a very pretty cherry stain as it fades.

Speaking of color, I really really love this shade. An instant pick-me-up, it brightens the whole face. It's one of those rare colors where you can get away with leaving the rest of your face without makeup (with the exception of BB cream, in my case) and look flattering. I think it will suit a lot of skintones.

I recommend this color to people who are thinking twice if whether they will dip their fingers on the world of reds yet. This is a good start. Believe me, it wouldn't dissappoint.

This lipstick is a gorgeous bright fuschia shade and brightens my whole complexion.
It's a really bright, fun pop of colour - great for nights out or to stand out during the day.

It glides on really smoothly and is quite moisturising, not dry at all.
I use More to Love Mac lip liner with it and the colours work really well together.

I would definitely recommend this lip colour of you're looking for something fun, bright, and girly to add to your collection.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Girl about town was my very first Mac lipstick. And still my favourite. It's creamy so I don't use a lip balm before applying it. One swipe gives a beautiful stain to the lips. I love it

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a must have colour for every girly girl! It is a bright Barbie pink which is eye catching and very fun - perfect for nights out. It applies very smoothly and is very creamy. It has excellent colour payoff and good staying power - lasts for 3-4 hours even while eating and drinking. It is such a fun colour and I think it would be flattering on a large variety of skin tones (I am NC20 for reference). This is definitely one of my top 5 lipsticks from MAC.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NC44 for reference.
This colour is gorgeous yet does look quite similar on my skin tone to MAC AMPLIFIED which is a brighter pinker shade.
Having said that I used to prefer MAC AMPLIFIED until I used this colour on a night out.I did not have to reapply once. So I decided to test it for work to see if it still had the staying power and yes after eating ,drinking (at least 3 cups of coffee), got home almost 10 hours later my lipstick had not budged. Still looked like I just applied it. Best of all I didn't even use a lip primer.
Definitely will re purchase.

Girl About Town was the first mac lipstick I ever bought and it's still one of my favourites. Yes you can get similar shades elsewhere but the staying power is amazing- it's also slightly staining which means it lasts longer! I love that the most about this lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color is so pretty and unique. I really like the amplified formula. It's a nice spring purple. Would definitely repurchase if I could get through a lipstick

mac lipsticks are overhyped. this particular shade runs on the cooler side of medium pink. amplified? wheres the color payoff ? what a joke

drugstore brands are much better at this price point.

im returning this lipstick

MAC lipsticks are not the only lipsticks I wear. But they are reliable, and I love them. They never give me any kind of weird allergic-type reaction as many drugstore lipsticks do. They smell nice. They are long lasting. And who makes more colors than MAC??? Any color you want, MAC probably makes it. Girl About Town is my favorite go-to lipstick when I want a bright bold pink. This is not a soft, or natural pink. This is a pink that makes you sit up and take notice. Reminds me of Barbie Pink. But it works well with my skintone and I think it's much more wearable than many other bright pinks I've tried. It's a great alternative to the red lip when you want something bold.

Recommended for Medium Skin