MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 3/21/2015 3:18:00 AM

mac lipsticks are overhyped. this particular shade runs on the cooler side of medium pink. amplified? wheres the color payoff ? what a joke

drugstore brands are much better at this price point.

im returning this lipstick

on 3/6/2015 1:40:00 PM

MAC lipsticks are not the only lipsticks I wear. But they are reliable, and I love them. They never give me any kind of weird allergic-type reaction as many drugstore lipsticks do. They smell nice. They are long lasting. And who makes more colors than MAC??? Any color you want, MAC probably makes it. Girl About Town is my favorite go-to lipstick when I want a bright bold pink. This is not a soft, or natural pink. This is a pink that makes you sit up and take notice. Reminds me of Barbie Pink. But it works well with my skintone and I think it's much more wearable than many other bright pinks I've tried. It's a great alternative to the red lip when you want something bold.

on 2/5/2015 10:57:00 PM

Would it be shallow to say I bought this lipstick because of her catchy name...but I love her all the same..

On my fair NC15 yellow under-toned skin - a little more fair in the winter and a little more tanned in the summer, blonde hair and green eyes - this lipstick is a great all year round shade for me. I have to be careful with really bright lipsticks as they tend to wash me out or look really harsh - so meeting Girl About Town and hitting it off so well has been great.

She is bright - think Barbie on a night out, fuchsia, magenta, hot pink and you have her summed up. Comfortable to wear, applies easily and smoothly and lasts the distance - I get a good few hours wear out of this before needing to touch up. If you want to tone this down to a more mid-milky medium candy-ish pink this lipstick looks great applied with a brush over a pale pink shade.

I would buy this one again - though I have just discovered I have a very identical dupe to this in my collection already: Lime Crime Centrifuchsia.... they both look identical on my lips but I still prefer the formula of "Girl".

on 1/28/2015 4:32:00 AM

This lipstick is a perfect, feel-good, hot pink. It is totally a 'Barbie' colour and is very bright, and not for the faint of heart. It applies smoothly and evenly and looks flawless on. It doesn't bleed or leave bald spots. It is a beautiful bright colour which will make you feel good instantly. I am an NC20 and I imagine this will look great on anyone with similar or darker skin, however if you have very pale skin with pinkish undertones, I would definitely try before buying. This is a must for those seeking a bright, show-stopping colour.

on 1/6/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I picked this lipstick as my B2M lippie. Yes this is a bright bold shade. Bright fuschia pink lippie with no moisturizing properties what so ever. That is my only problem with this lippie. I am a NC40 for reference and almost all the Indian blogs rave about this lipstick as a must for Indian skin tones. The staying power is also ok, so don't expect much...I reapply as often as I can.
Yes from me if you are looking for a bright lippie.

on 1/6/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This was a Christmas gift from one of my friends, who claimed that I needed to step up my bright lipstick game. Well, she certainly picked out an awesome color!
Girl About Town is a wonderful lipstick if you're seriously about to go about town or are going out for a night on the town. On my NC40 through NC44 skin-tone, it appears as a cool toned, bright magenta pink. You certainly will be turning heads while wearing this. My only complaint for this would be that this lipstick may look slightly off on certain tan skin tone variations. I feel that a more deeper tanned complexion could pull this off more effectively and beautifully than a lighter tanned complexion.

on 12/31/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this lipstick because of the rave reviews it's gotten, and its supposedly a really popular shade for girls with tanned skin. Well,........

I think this lipstick is highly overrated.

The color, the finish...I just feel like there's nothing special about it - it's a common shade that you can find at any drugstore for a fraction of the cost.

on 12/21/2014 7:30:00 AM

This was my first MAC lippie ever and I love the color!!! The fuschia pink color is beautiful and brightens up my face everytime :)

on 12/8/2014 5:36:00 AM

I adore this. I'm a certified Red Lipstick Fiend and this is the only lipstick that makes me cheat on my red babies. I'm not scared or intimidated by bright colors as my signature look has always been to have the pop of color in my lips, but surprisingly, this is a very wearable shade and you can actually control the "brightness" of it by layering. Feels very comfortable on the lips & leaves a lovely wash of color instead of disappearing/traveling. My only gripe is that the shade makes my teeth look yellow (as per my dentist), but what the heck, that's a small price to pay for something that I genuinely love! Definitely my fave MAC lipstick now!

on 11/12/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't wanna get this cuz im dark NC50 and I don't like anything that's too loud and when I used it over my mac prep & prime it was extra loud but still looked good. Would I repurchase it? No there's a Milani dupe in the same shade. I put them next to each other and couldn't really tell the difference. I like to mix it with my mac dark side though.

Popular Lipsticks