MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 8/23/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Girl about town was my very first Mac lipstick. And still my favourite. It's creamy so I don't use a lip balm before applying it. One swipe gives a beautiful stain to the lips. I love it

on 7/24/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a must have colour for every girly girl! It is a bright Barbie pink which is eye catching and very fun - perfect for nights out. It applies very smoothly and is very creamy. It has excellent colour payoff and good staying power - lasts for 3-4 hours even while eating and drinking. It is such a fun colour and I think it would be flattering on a large variety of skin tones (I am NC20 for reference). This is definitely one of my top 5 lipsticks from MAC.

on 4/14/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NC44 for reference.
This colour is gorgeous yet does look quite similar on my skin tone to MAC AMPLIFIED which is a brighter pinker shade.
Having said that I used to prefer MAC AMPLIFIED until I used this colour on a night out.I did not have to reapply once. So I decided to test it for work to see if it still had the staying power and yes after eating ,drinking (at least 3 cups of coffee), got home almost 10 hours later my lipstick had not budged. Still looked like I just applied it. Best of all I didn't even use a lip primer.
Definitely will re purchase.

on 4/2/2015 9:54:00 PM

Girl About Town was the first mac lipstick I ever bought and it's still one of my favourites. Yes you can get similar shades elsewhere but the staying power is amazing- it's also slightly staining which means it lasts longer! I love that the most about this lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color is so pretty and unique. I really like the amplified formula. It's a nice spring purple. Would definitely repurchase if I could get through a lipstick

on 3/21/2015 3:18:00 AM

mac lipsticks are overhyped. this particular shade runs on the cooler side of medium pink. amplified? wheres the color payoff ? what a joke

drugstore brands are much better at this price point.

im returning this lipstick

on 3/6/2015 1:40:00 PM

MAC lipsticks are not the only lipsticks I wear. But they are reliable, and I love them. They never give me any kind of weird allergic-type reaction as many drugstore lipsticks do. They smell nice. They are long lasting. And who makes more colors than MAC??? Any color you want, MAC probably makes it. Girl About Town is my favorite go-to lipstick when I want a bright bold pink. This is not a soft, or natural pink. This is a pink that makes you sit up and take notice. Reminds me of Barbie Pink. But it works well with my skintone and I think it's much more wearable than many other bright pinks I've tried. It's a great alternative to the red lip when you want something bold.

on 2/5/2015 10:57:00 PM

Would it be shallow to say I bought this lipstick because of her catchy name...but I love her all the same..

On my fair NC15 yellow under-toned skin - a little more fair in the winter and a little more tanned in the summer, blonde hair and green eyes - this lipstick is a great all year round shade for me. I have to be careful with really bright lipsticks as they tend to wash me out or look really harsh - so meeting Girl About Town and hitting it off so well has been great.

She is bright - think Barbie on a night out, fuchsia, magenta, hot pink and you have her summed up. Comfortable to wear, applies easily and smoothly and lasts the distance - I get a good few hours wear out of this before needing to touch up. If you want to tone this down to a more mid-milky medium candy-ish pink this lipstick looks great applied with a brush over a pale pink shade.

I would buy this one again - though I have just discovered I have a very identical dupe to this in my collection already: Lime Crime Centrifuchsia.... they both look identical on my lips but I still prefer the formula of "Girl".

on 1/28/2015 4:32:00 AM

This lipstick is a perfect, feel-good, hot pink. It is totally a 'Barbie' colour and is very bright, and not for the faint of heart. It applies smoothly and evenly and looks flawless on. It doesn't bleed or leave bald spots. It is a beautiful bright colour which will make you feel good instantly. I am an NC20 and I imagine this will look great on anyone with similar or darker skin, however if you have very pale skin with pinkish undertones, I would definitely try before buying. This is a must for those seeking a bright, show-stopping colour.

on 1/6/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I picked this lipstick as my B2M lippie. Yes this is a bright bold shade. Bright fuschia pink lippie with no moisturizing properties what so ever. That is my only problem with this lippie. I am a NC40 for reference and almost all the Indian blogs rave about this lipstick as a must for Indian skin tones. The staying power is also ok, so don't expect much...I reapply as often as I can.
Yes from me if you are looking for a bright lippie.

Recommended for Medium Skin