September 16, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favourite pink lipstick. With my pale olive-ish complexion this colour somehow makes me look more tanned than I am and I always get compliments. It is great on its own and also works well with a gloss (glitter or plain). This lipstick also has the best staying power of any lipstick I've ever used. I can put it on at 7am, go to uni and get home at 6pm, still looking the same without a single touch up! (and yes I eat, and drink etc) The consistency is really good, it doesn't dry or crack while you're wearing it and it goes on really easily straight from the tube, I don't use a lip pencil with it and I don't really feel the need to. It also has a vanilla-ish scent which is lovely (beats the paint smell you sometimes get) absolutely adore this and will be devastated if it ever gets discontinued.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Purchased this colour along with some other new MAC lipsticks as was stuck in a lipstick rut of the same three lip colours for the last 3 years! have to say this is a really nice pink, its fun and bubbly, a very girly pink. Think bright and bold without being trashy. Very summery colour, looks great with clear gloss over it. Works even with a dark eye. Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by asbpalma

A perfect pink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I would buy again and again this is a favorite it illuminates my eye makeup while wearing it and it is the perfect shade of pink not too light or bright its just all around perfect and this and hot tahiti are MAC's best colors

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by weheartmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to the MAC website and just wanted to spend money... I clicked on "Best Sellers" and Girl About Town came up. I decided to get it because it had awesome reviews.

Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful, berry color. It goes on smoothly but I am 20 years old. Girl About Town is too sophisticated for my liking. I am only getting older and I want to wear fun colors like Impassioned or Pink Nouveau.

I think if you are at least 25 years old and up then it will probably be the best sophisticated pink you can get at MAC. Other than that, I would suggest going for something else.

Another thing that bothered me is that Girl About Town has so many drugstore dupes. The color isn't EXTRAordinary... its just ordinary.

Maybe I'll repurchase, but probably not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Dias14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite shade ever!!! This pink goes well with every skin tone... You can wear it during the whole day, to work, to party...
I've tried some other brands, searching for a similar color (but a bit cheaper), however, Girl About Town is unique.. The only lipstick that's kinda similar for me, is Mac's Lickable.
It's a must-have, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant about purchasing this color because I thought it would be too loud against my NC45/50 skintone. I finally purchased this after I decided that the lipglass version of GAT was too bright for me. When I go home and put it on, it made my teeth look yellow and I seriously considered taking it back.
A couple of weeks later I decided to test it with Currant lipliner. This time, GAT looked much better and I like it even better paired with Milani's Fuschia lipliner. I even tried it on without lipliner and I was pleasantly surprised at how flattering this color alone is on me. It also doesn't make my teeth look yellow anymore, so maybe it was just the day I tried it on? LOL
Anyway, this is a great pink for darker skintones and it can be built up or toned down. Since this formula is somewhat drying and can settle into lines, I recommend prepping lips first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by GiulianaCarmela

My favourite lipstick. Girl About Town can be adapted to whatever you're wearing, it can be built up on your lips (from a pinkish touch to deep fuchsia) and it doesn't budge. I usually get quite self conscious wearing lipsticks, and always feel the need to run to the bathroom and touch up/check I haven't got any on my teeth. However Girl About Town lasts all night and is a great alternative to a red lip.

It's a shame it isn't matte, but at least it means it doesn't dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful fuchsia-pink! A must have lipstick for any Mac collection. Last all night too! Mac "More to Love" lip liner goes with it pretty well

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by rainbowhorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like to pair this lipstick with Sinful Colors "Boom Boom" nail polish. This color looks good with neutral eyes or a bold line look. The formula doesn't dry out my lips and does not bleed either. I always apply with a lip brush and "clean up" the look with concealer afterwards.