September 2, 2014 | 1869 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Prep

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by beecky

Excellent detangler ! I love that you can spray it on your scalp too without weighing your hair down at all. Offers light conditioning and moisture as well. It does a little bit of everything actually ! Conditions, detangles, soothes your scalp, and invigorates and stimulates your scalp. It's marketed as helping your other products work better/help them distribute more evenly and I do believe that claim. My hair just feels much smoother and like I don't need to use as much product in general after using this. Not too sure what it is about this product as it just seems like scented water lol. But it really is very nourishing to the hair and scalp while being incredibly light and refreshing. You can use it on dry hair as well to nix frizz or restyle your hair, or even to calm static. Great stuff ! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Best detangeler ever 😀

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

I just don't get this product. So many people here love it I thought there must be something to it. First B&B product I haven't loved. I followed the instructions exactly and it just didn't do anything noticeable. It didn't have a negative effect, just didn't do anything at all that I could tell. And I waited till I used it all up to form an opinion. Granted, I did just get the 2 oz. version. Maybe this is something that works over a longer period of time. Or maybe it's just not for my hair type. I don't have a problem with oily roots or my hair tangling a lot. I don't know. But I have a sneaking suspicion that "hair primers" are just a great marketing concept the high end hair product companies came up with to get us all to spend another $20 for one more product we're told we need. And I've noticed it seems to be a phenomenon exclusive to salon brands. I don't see Garnier or Suave coming out with hair primers. Anyway, sucker that I am for B&B, I just bought a 2 oz. of Tonic. We'll see if that is better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mhwelsh

Pretty much a waste of money. It seems like scented water more than anything. I have fine texture hair, and this product made my hair feel like straw. No thanks. Too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took down a star because the smell of this stuff is rather bad. To me it smells like the sidewalk outside after it just started raining (pretty much like dirt.) This is an amazing hair detangler though (best that I have tried) which is why I continue to use it even though I can't stand the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this product on the advice of a hairdresser at a Bumble and Bumble salon after a haircut. When I first used it, I absolutely hated it - it made my hair dry, straw-like and frizzy.

Now I discovered how to use it and I really like it, even though it's very expensive for what it does. I use it now to revive my hair between washings. I have very fine, thin, curly hair, dry hair and I normally had to wash my hair everyday because it got greasy at the roots.

Now I wash my hair only every few days. On the days I don't wash my hair, I rinse it in the shower, and spray this product on my damp hair - I focus on the roots and use quite a bit of product. I then run my hands through my damp hair to distribute the product.

My hair looks great afterward, and I also think it looks way healthier now -- it used to be very dry and I had trouble with split-ends, etc.

Overall, despite the expense, I would buy this product again. I really like not having to wash my hair everyday, and I would definitely recommend it for people with fine hair.

Edit to add - if you have fine dry hair like I do, don't use this product on the same day you wash your hair - it will make your hair much more dry. I was ready to throw this product in the trash because of that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

ACK!! I bought this spray to use as a quasi vitamin serum for my hair. I loved its ingredients: hops, rosemary, biotin, amino acids. But this didn't moisturize OR make my hair look healthier. And for some reason, Bumble and bumble's fragrance irritates my scalp like crazy!! I don't know if the culprit is the diazolidinyl urea (formaldehyde-releasing preservative) or limonene (irritating fragrant component). But I couldn't stop itching my scalp and was losing way more hair. I have this problem with Aveda as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I use this as a next day style refresher and it works wonderfully to perk up my hair and bring back the bounce and texture. This is a must have b+b product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Helps detangle and prep hair for product. I always use this as it helps other product distribute evenly. Think of this as a primer for the hair. Smells lovely as well.

Edit: I have used this, as my friend is an assistant and I borrowed it for a while. She later told me this is intended for untreated hair. Tonic is better suited for colored or chemically treated hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long fine hair and this doesn't do a thing do it but make it more dry. It certainly doesn't add moisture, which is what I want a leave-in to do. I wanted it to protect my hair from blow drying and my ends were rough and dry after.