August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Eye Shadow - Victoria's Secret - Silk Wear Eye Color in Champagne

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This eye shadow formula is similar to the Lustre eye shadow formula from MAC. You either love it or you hate it, but it produces some of the most beautiful looking shadows in the pan.

I find this color to be an almost exact dupe for Cover Girl's Mink, a rose gold version of UD Sin. Very flattering shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I bought this years ago and was so disappointed and I still am it barely as any pigmentation what so ever. I bought it when my fiance and I went on our first vacation together I figured I just wanted to have a simple wash of color on my lids I didn't want anything crazy, boy was I wrong it was literally like having nothing on. I used a brush and I had to keep scraping product onto my brush and it was like nothing, I used my finger and it was a little better but it was still like nothing. Biggest wast of money back then this was 10 just recently I believe they changed the prices to either 12 or 13. They have other beautiful colors that are actually well pigmented and aren't a huge pain to put on...this one is not one of them. I suggest you stay away from this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Seriously, for 10 bucks, this eyeshadow should be much better quality. I know I most likely won't buy any more of the Lustre shades in this line, because they are just too difficult to work with. I have tried every method of application with this, and I have now resorted to using my fingers to apply it, and then blend out with a brush. A sponge tip applicator works well too (not the cheap black ones, the soft white ones that come in NYX trios are the only sponge applicators I use). The problem is, the eyeshadow is so pressed into the pan, that I feel like there's a film coating the top of the shadow that I have to scrape off. I seriously doubt that, though, since I've used this shadow many times since I got it. But I have to really press my finger into the shadow to get a good amount for my eyelid. Not the creamiest or smoothest formula out there. Now, onto the shade itself. 'Champagne' is a gorgeous shade, and quite interesting too. It's not just an average 'bland' champagne color; it's like a light beige with gold and pink undertones, almost duochrome in certain lights.

I do not recommend using a regular primer alone with these shadows. To get the best results out of this eyeshadow, I use a shimmery base, like MAC Bare Study PP, to ensure that it really lasts, because this shadow likes to fade very quickly. One other plus is that you get a good amount of product in the pan (.11 oz, compared to a MAC e/s, which is .05 oz). I do think this is a nice highlight and all-over shimmer wash for everyday use (my go-to barely-there look was this shade, paired with UD's Naked in the crease). I just don't think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hazel88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great eye shadow that I think should be in everyones makeup bag. It is pretty alone and blends well with other colors. You can use it as a highlighter or to add a little glimmer to your lids. great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

Love the fine shimmer in this shadow. If you wear it alone, it will give a subtle glow. I like to wear it over other shadows, to help blend in colors. It gives a really polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this e/s in a swap, I had never seen the color before, so I was taking my chances, and im soo happy I did :)

being a MAC e/s freak, im always looking for the best highlighter..my fav's are phloof!, nylon, ricepaper, crystal avalanche and sugarshot.

champagne is exactly like sugarshot, which is from the sugarsweet collection, its a really pretty creamy white with little sparkles that resemble sugar.

champagne is a creamy yellow gold version of sugarshot, it has little sugar sparkles..so its really a fantasic dupe.

its also not as yellow as ricepaper which is [a fab cheek highlighter] but can be a little too much for my brows..champagne has just enough yellow and cream to look natural and sunny.

I am so impressed with victoria's secret's makeup, this eyeshadow is cheaper than most eyeshadows and you get so much more than u would from a mac shadow. the packaging is really sleek and pretty.

it says "very sexy" on the mirror inside the compact.

overall im very satisfied with this product, I truly think this is a more natural brow highlighter for my skin in the summer when I have a tan, because of the yellow. its going to become my new fav highlighter and I highly suggest these eyeshadows to anyone looking for good quality, amount of product and price..

you can never go wrong with victoria's secret =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by hotpink55

I was at a bonfire for abouto 5 hours last night, got home, and it was still on perfectly. Very good for when you're going for a natural, subtle look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

great brow bone highlighter. i buy it just for that purpose alone and its worth it for only 12$.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have good and bad things to say about this. I bought it because I love wearing e/s that are natural looking. Unfortunately this was VERY natural. It doesn't make my eyes stand out much. BUT, I do like the color, and if you look very closely you can notice it and it stays on awhile. I might or might not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2006 4:19:00 AM More reviews by tweettweet

very nice all purpose color..to use alone or with others. i do like it