July 29, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Origins - Stay Tuned Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a miss for me... the color didn't suit me and the packaging not great for keeping my foundation contamination free (pumps work best for me).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Jleehalvo

This product says oil free but has many oils like flower and leaf. Also it has sodium chloride which is table salt. It gave me 3 cystic pimples and tons of tiny pimples bc of these two things.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by secretmalibu

I love this foundation! It provides a good coverage yet it doesn't cake my face. Paraben free is definitely a plus. The packaging is glass and overall it's just a great product that I would recommend. The only bone I have to pick with this product is the why it is dispensed. The bottle does not have a pump, but I'm not super bugged by that.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by missd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this foundation because of all the great reviews. I have super sensitive skin, and this seemed like a great choice...wrong. I don't know if it was this foundation alone, or a combination of this foundation with other things, but I'm breaking out like NEVER before after using this.

After the second day of trying it, my entire face was little bumps and my chin is a disaster. Like I said, I have never broken out like this in my life!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by baldr023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use MUFE HD Foundation and adored how flawless it made my skin look all day, but when it started to break me out I was in total denial. I convinced myself that my acne, redness, and dryness were simply due hormonal fluctuations, winter weather, etc. instead of the MUFE I was putting on my face every day. Finally, I decided to face the music and try to find a new foundation that might work for my combination sensitive skin, last all day, and wouldn't break the bank. I went to the Origins counter to check out Stay Tuned, I was color matched (Bisque,) and received a sample to use for a week. I was impressed by how well the color not only matched my skin tone, but also seemed to eliminate the red undertones in my complexion (I think because the color I was matched with has more yellow undertones?). I bought the full-size bottle right away, and I've been incredibly happy! My skin has cleared up for the first time in YEARS! I wouldn't say that the Stay Tuned foundation cleared my acne, I think it simply doesn't cause me to breakout like the MUFE foundation did. This has also really helped with the dry patches I used to get on my cheeks--they are completely gone even in freezing winter! I'm so happy. I think this foundation works best if you have some sort of primer on underneath--I've used the FX Treat and Prime, Smashbox primer, and Miracle Skin Transformer with it and they've all worked well. If my skin is really red that day I sometimes use a green primer (MUFE) under the Miracle Skin Transformer on my red zones. I've used a flat foundation brush (recommended by the Origins saleswoman), disposable makeup sponge, and a Beauty Blender to apply the Stay Tuned, but I like the Beauty Blender best. I still use an undereye concealer on my really awful dark circles and sometimes a little bit of concealer on any red acne scars. I don't use any powder over it--I don't need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As of right now - I don't think i'd purchase this product again.

I just turned 20 years old over the summer and I decided to start a natural/organic skin and hair care journey. I decided to give up on a lot of department store brands like MAC, and drugstore brands like L'oreal and others - that contained strange chemicals and tested on animals. I thought since I was turning 20 years old it would be a great time to start taking better care of my skin.

The Stay Tuned foundation interested me because of the natural ingredients, and the claims that it would combat oily zones, as well as add moisture to dry zones, and achieve a "perfect harmony" in one bottle - for people with combination skin.

- It covers NOTHING for me. The foundation is super liquidy, and very light coverage in my opinion. It didn't cover my freckles, undereye circles, or hyper pigmentation. It also barely covered the redness on my cheeks.

I noticed that this makeup lasted a good amount of time on my skin, but it did not wear well on me. I noticed dry patches that it clung to, and looked a bit spotty. I also noticed it dried very unflattering on the peach fuzz I have on my face. It looked kinda chalky and you could not only see all of my imperfections - but you could tell if you got close that I was wearing (unflattering) makeup.

Bummer because I really wanted to love this stuff. I think the next foundation I will try will be the Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jenley143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found my HG foundation. I've tried many different kinds over the years, and this one is the best I have found so far (no breakouts). I have extremely sensitive skin that's acne prone, so I have to be careful about what products I use on my face. My friend had a bottle of this and said I should try it. The Warm Beige matched my skin tone exactly. It goes on very smoothly (I use a brush rather than my hands - it blends much better), and feels very light on the skin. It almost feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. It gives pretty good coverage, especially over my blemishes. I've only just started using it, so I don't know how it holds up when it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by NattyTweetybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It has such light, and beautiful coverage. It lightens and brightens my face without looking fake, but natural. I wouldn't suggest it to people who have oily or acne prone skin, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by AnnaPanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey Ladies.
This product is an absolute MUST! I have tried everything- Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, L'oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, MUFE, Clinique, Lancome etc etc and there was always something that I didn't like. This product ticks all the boxes for me.
First, it's CHEAP! I live in Australia so purchased it for only $34! It's a great price for a HD foundation! I have paid heaps more for less!
The finish is as natural is it gets, you look like you have nothing on but the skin looks absolutely FLAWLESS! I have combination skin and it is a little hard to purchase a foundation that makes my skin tone perfectly even!
I cannot stop raving about it, I can't believe it took me 10 years to find something this good for such a great price. Definitely buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried, and definitely one of the cheapest! The shade "Angel" was perfect for my fair/cool complexion. It did not oxidize at all on me, nor did it cake in dry spots or make me oily. Is it "holy grail", no. It is one that is reliable, definitely.