April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Multi-Colored Corrector - YELLOW

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

A 4- actually... because while I really do like this powder; it's awfully powdery... messy-wise I mean; and more than anything that just makes me feel like I'm wasting what is actually a nice product. Packaging & brush difficulties are 90% of the lower rating.

The powder I'm reviewing isn't solid yellow -- it's a pressed swirl pattern with beige pink yellow and green in it. It's adorable! It does appear to have some effective color-corrective properties: A light dusting neutralizes redness right away; it doesn't take much.

This stuff works very nicely. It leaves a somewhat light soft matte finish. I have experienced no irriation. It doesn't clog my pores (notable because *everything* clogs my pores).

The downside: It doesn't have tremendous staying powder. You'll want to touch up. (Good thing *this* is my touch-up powder; the portable one that lives in my purse). The powderiness is messy. And its round flat brush resembles BeneFit's from their Box o' Powder -- a flat crescent -- or that crazy thing NARS sells and while it's also adorable with its pink green and yellow stripes and white handle it's not terribly soft... the bristles tear up the surface of the powder. The brush is stored in the underside of the compact and it's tricky to get out. You can barely distinguish which side of the compact unhinges to open. Watch your manicure.

Appearance-wise the packaging is fine... nice even - I love that colorful swirl... but I want to be able to GET AT IT. And the brush. Fix the packaging PF!

But for around $10 I'll keep this handy. Will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot find this either; looks like it is gone from all drugstores in town. I bought a few extra when the price was reduced just in case, but I don't know how to replace it when I am out. This yellow-toned powder is the only thing that takes the ruddiness out of my blotchy, gold-based complexion (caucasian). It is the only thing that really helps even out my skin tone and make my pores (tiny acne scars) look smaller. It is so nice and easy for quick touch-ups; I am very disappointed. If anyone knows a good alternative, please write!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

Anyone knows where to find this product? They seem to have stopped distributing it, it's gone AWOL everywhere I used to buy it. So cheap compared to other brands making yellow correctors, yet so good for my oily\olive\yellow undertoned skin...... Bluff dust by Benefit ain't that bad, but this is the real deal, if anyone knows where to find it please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Suriya

This powder looks great on my golden-toned skin.I like the finely-milled feel, it feels light and blends well. I also like the brush that comes with it with helps me blend in the powder. I prefer powder brushes over puffs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This yellow correcting powder works just as well as the more expensive department store brands at half the cost. I don't use the brush that's in the bottom compartment of the compact & wish they would do away with that so the compact would fit in my purse better.