July 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Ombres Vibration Duo #05 Grey Mist / Smoky Mauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I first dyed my hair black because I thought blue shadows would match. This was perfect. The lighter shade is like a shimmery periwinkle or cornflower, and the darker shade is a shimmery dark bluish gray. I love that these blue shadows go well with even a warm toned complexion. Usually blue on yellowish skin can look unnatural but not this one. It's a truly neutral blue and gray. The shimmer is fine for day time and the dark shade is highly pigmented and should be used sparingly. The lighter blue shade is especially flattering and I haven't seen a similar shadow elsewhere which alone makes this worth buying. They two shadows match perfectly together. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hounddog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very flattering colors of mauve and mauvey grey and must be the best grey combo I have found im my whole life, unfortunately the shadows are too finely milled and they crease on me. I liked the older duos better because they had a different texture. I always use a base. I have used them with different bases that work with my Chanel shadows but it still crease. By the end of the day the lighter shade is not noticeable on =( I am sad because I have spent some big bucks on these. Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On me, these shadows turn out looking entirely different than what other reviewers here have described. This duo has a shimmery gray ( more brown-based than the charcoal gray in duo #33), and a pale blueish-lavender color that *seems* like lavender, but applies as a pale blue on my eyelids. In fact, these two shades, used together, create a distinctly BLUE look for me..not lavender at all. I had a Lancome shadow duo that created this same look..I got rid of that one because I was not too fond of blue shadows on me. Had I known that this YSL duo leaned so heavily towards the blue end of the shadow spectrum, I would not have bought it. However, this is still a pretty look, just not one I will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Stunning duo that includes a shimmery lavender and a charcoal grey. These two shades are perfect for creating smokey eyes. The grey shade can also be used wet as a liner. This is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ixmocane

This is one of my favorite YSL duos. It is a shimmery, pale lavender and a charcoal grey with flecks of purply grey. The grey is such a unique color. I love this for a smokey eye look.