October 22, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Boogie Nights

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a cool metallic magenta that I forced myself to apply on a few occasions when I wanted to spice up my lip because I always go for a nude lip. I guess Iím too used to the nude because this is too garish for me and I always end up blotting it off. Very bright against my NC45 tone-not for the daytime or the meekÖ

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is a beautiful fuschia, deep purply plumy pink. The consistency is great and I love the color on my lips..however it tastes/smells horrible, so I don't find myself reaching for this as much as I should. won't buy again unless NARS decides to change the smell/taste of this lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Boogie Nights a while ago and like most of my lip glosses that are not staples of mine wound up in a random purse to be forgotten. I pulled out my Fendi spy bag a few days ago looking for another missing item hehe and found Boogie Nights. I was a little apprehensive about it at first and a little put off by the dark color, but I took the chance and wore it and to my surprise it looked really sexy and vampy, but not over the top. My boyfriend even said that is a nice color!! I really love this gloss now and make sure not to let it go in to lip gloss purgatory.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by suhsoonok

Seldom do I give up on a lip gloss after 1 application but this one was tossed into the trash the 1st day. It tastes so bad I had a constant sneer on my lips the whole time I was wearing it. The smell offended me.
I gave it 1 lippie for the beautiful color, cute name and nice packaging. If your olfactory nerves are shot then give this one a whirl and you'll look hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a unique color, I can't believe Nars discontinued it! Run out and buy it before they run out of stock.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this Boogie Nights/Giza combo. I accepted it with mixed feelings. My first thought was "What the devil have these two colors to do with each other?" Giza is a sheer peach cream, which I thought a bit 'meh.' Boogie Nights is a sort of metallic fuschia/purple/magenta which I found somewhat alarming. "Lovely," I thought "I'm going to look an absolute sight wearing this funky color at my exalted age." So I tossed it in my drawer and forgot all about it. Then, a couple of days ago, I stumbled on these reviews. So I decided to give it a try. I put it on at work today and was pleasantly surprised. I wore Boogie Nights underneath and Giza on top. And it became a lovely soft warm pink. Really pretty. It's not as thick as the Orgasm LG, so the staying power is not as great. But the combination is truly nice. At least on me. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reviewers described this color just right. It is a Bright metallic fuschia, purple, pink. That description does not sound appealing to me but everyone raved about it so I decided to try it. I was horrified. I am an NC 35, with dark hair, brown skin. I have been wearing the neutrals and the light pinks so this was a shocker. I could only wear it with something black. It is not versatile at all and I certainly would not wear it in the daytime. I could see how it would perk up some blond ladies with smaller lips. I tried this with the Giza pairing hoping it would tone down the brightness. The combo just did not make sense to me, although I will repurchase Giza alone. The texture is nice though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Another home run from nars. This is gloss is a vibrant berry with silver frost, not glitter but kind of like a metallic sheen. I am a tried and true nude lippie lover, but I adore this gloss. It brightens my face and even my hubby said it looked nice (and he hates anything that isn't my "natural lip color.) If applied too thick it could look too bold, but a few swipes of the wand makes my lips a look pretty with a bold but light pop of pink. Take the plunge, you'll love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by claudiaee

This is not a wear everyday shade for me, but the times I've worn it, I get compliments. Its a beautiful raspberry/sort of metallic shade. I have to reapply quite a bit (find this with most NARS lipglosses), but I still like it, especially when I'm wearing white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

This is the first Nars gloss that I actually like. This color is so unique and makes an statement.
It stays on for a good time.
The color is complex, beautiful, between raspberry/magenta/fucshia/violet ? with a metallic finish.
I don't know exactly what color it is, but who cares! I love it!
Will repurchase, so original color in my collection.
The only problem is that mine smells weird, perhaps a bad one.