October 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Other - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Sea Fresh Plus Toothpaste with Fluoride

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by glareathon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this toothpaste for a couple of years now. A tube lasts me a long time because I usually don't use very much toothpaste. I usually start with just a little toothpaste and no water, because I think a drier texture helps abrade the plaque better. This toothpaste is pretty chalky and conducive to this method. The taste is one of pure, natural, simple peppermint. Leaves my mouth tasting minty fresh.

Sometimes the toothpaste builds up around the opening in the lid, and then the cap won't snap shut. I probably could be more careful about keeping it cleaned off... I'm definitely lazy but this is also legitimately annoying... it seems like an issue with the lid design or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

I hated this product so much I went back to the store and exchanged it for my usual Tom's of Maine. The feel of it wasn't terrible, it made my mouth feel clean enough (why I gave it a 3), but there was a really strange tang in the flavor that made me get a little nauseous. Almost a sour, kind of vinegar-y taste that I just couldn't get past. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tifflirt8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really liked this toothpaste. it left my mouth and teeth feeling refreshed and clean. it has CARRAGEAN, which is seaweed, it is not a carcinogen. the paste itself doesn't foam much and it sticks to the teeth, but i like it. i would definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ MY UPDATE AT THE END.
I have also stopped using other toothpaste brands for a while and what a difference this makes.
Besides concern about sodium lauryl sulfate I had concerns about Sorbitol being added to many personal care products.
Sorbitol is a sweet-tasting sugar alcohol used in many sugar-free drinks , cake mixes...
Studies have shown that sorbitol can cause gastrointestinal symptoms, ranging from mild discomfort to severe diarrhea.Another good reason to stay away from other brands.Especially if you have children.

This formula exist with or without fluoride depending on your preference.
UPDATE:Since I discover those use CARRAGEAN which is consider by some as possibly causing cancer I switch to WELEDA SALT toothpaste and it is absolutely fantastic.Much better and more effective than Jason.For your children they have a great tooth gel which is flavored with anise and has a cool yellow color (all natural, from essential oils) those are healthier choices .I wish we could trust natural brands but we still have to do our homework.Anyway give the Weleda salt a try.The taste is a little strong(true sea salt and baking soda) but great for teeth and gums.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, have I gone off the deep end?

Why in the world am I reviewing a TOOTHPASTE?

If you have read my other reviews of late, you may be bored of my explanations of why we have had a major change in my household. Just for those who may not know, let me explain quickly.

I have been deeply concerned with the huge amount of women I know who have been having severe eye problems (watering, itching, swollen, gooey, etc) and they are not getting better despite treatments, prescriptions, etc.

When my eyes began to do the same thing about 8 months ago or so, I really got upset. We have always taken good care of ourselves. In short, I discovered a connection with skin and eye symptoms and a certain family of chemicals going by names of or similar to SODIUM LAURYL - LAURETH - MYRETH SULFATE.

Medical testing units use these chemicals to duplicate eye problems and skin problems in experimental animals to test medicines on them for cures. The weird part is that they are in almost all shampoos, body washes, face washes, dish detergents, toothpastes, and even shaving lotions!

So, in short, after doing a ton of research, we decided that it was time to eliminate these chemicals from our household completely. I was suffering greatly and needed desperate measures.

When we did that, my whole family experienced relief of symptoms that they never even tied to these chemicals- no more itching, no more scalp flaking, no more cracking skin, no need for constant lotion on hands or body, no more rashes, and no more bleeding gums.

So, the reason for my review of this toothpaste is that I did not know if we could ever find a toothpaste without these petrochemicals in them (petroleum married with coconuts which produces a corrosive de-greaser if used at full strength). Finally we found this one.

SEA FRESH PLUS by JASON NATURAL COSMETICS is the only toothpaste I could find that did not have SLS or SMS or relatives in it. We had been using a "natural" toothpaste, or so we thought, but it also had SLS in it.

SEA FRESH tastes great! We were not expecting it to be as good as it is. When using it, our mouths feel clean, fresh, and NATURAL! No more bleeding gums. This is a spearmint flavor. The foaming is a bit less than usual toothpaste, but the effect is really nice.

The price is high, but nothing compared to the symptoms we have been relieved of. We paid about $6.95 at the natural foods store. Not sure what the price is anywhere else.

Our small daughter did not like the spearmint flavor, opting instead for one of the others that is flavored with orange and cinnamonmint, I think.

This switch for us has been fantastic. Interestingly enough, I grabbed an old tube of Tom's by mistake one day not too long ago and used it, and I felt like I had brushed my teeth with nail polish remover (not the flavor, just the effect). I never noticed how harsh it was before. It took all day for my mouth to feel normal again.

For whatever it is worth, if anyone out there is looking for a toothpaste without those chemicals in it, so far, this one is a good choice. Hopefully they will not alter the formula......... continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No