Aubrey Organics Aloe Essence Revitalizing Shampoo for Damaged/Treated Hair

3.5

Not tested on animals

on 5/7/2006 1:24:00 PM

This is a pretty good shampoo for dry and damaged hair. Its not amazing but whay do you expect for the price? At least you know its not jam full of crap like most other products :)

on 10/6/2004 1:49:00 PM

I personally don't like any of the shampoos in the Aloe Essence line. They're of thinner consistency & just don't seem to do anything special for my thick, curly hair. I'll stick with my HG, Island Naturals, which works great as a shampoo & body wash.

on 9/1/2004 4:20:00 PM

I really love this shampoo. It smells so nice--botanical and pleasant but not overpowering--and it cleanses my hair well, plus it's one of the only shampoos that does not make my scalp itch. It left my hair amazingly soft and full of body (especially when used with Giovanni's GPB). I have highlighted blonde hair that's slightly wavy and thick, and it's just about perfect for me.

My only problem is that I go through a bottle so fast--I have to rinse and repeat every time to get my hair clean, and my hair seems to just drink the shampoo up. If I made more than $7 an hour at my health-food-store job, I might be able to afford this all the time, but for now, I have to stick with something a bit less expensive (and longer-lasting) from the Giovanni line for my everyday shampoo.

on 4/9/2004 10:08:00 AM

I have another review on the DRY HAIR version of the ALOE ESSENCE line from AUBREY ORGANICS. This one is for the DAMAGED or TREATED hair version of the ALOE ESSENCE shampoo from AUBREY ORGANICS.

This is an excellent cleaning shampoo for very dry and damaged hair. It leaves hair soft and shiny. It smells plesant with lavender and ylang ylang being the most obvious fragrances to me.

My husband's hair is doing well with it and he uses it often for work. When he wants that "special hair look" for weekends, he switches to J.A.Y. shampoo, also by AUBREY ORGANICS.

I do not see a whole lot of difference between this and the DRY HAIR version. They are both excellent cleaners, and leave hair shiny. Not much in the line of volume, though. I need volume.

I see myself and family using this a lot during hot weather when hair is not essential for volume and you just want to wash the sweat out of your hair and have it look decent.

Does not suds a whole lot, but enough to let you know it is there.

I can say that my eyes improving dramatically since switching to these new shampoos from Aubrey and Giovanni companies is worth the effort a million times over. I have also spoken to quite a few other women who have told me the same thing. continued >>

Popular Shampoos