July 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - Aloe Essence Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Clemency

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a low-sudsing lather but it still cleans my fine, straight hair nicely. It's a great shampoo to use the day after you've clarified but by the end of the week I have a lot of product build up and it doesn't do much to cut through that. It's pleasant when I use it after clarifying though. It has 80% organic ingredients which is a nice change from the usual chemical factory I use in my hair. Nice lemon-y, spicy fragrance too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 3:57:00 PM More reviews by creme_brulee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the version of this product called " Clarifying Shampoo for Oily Hair". The reason I bought this shampoo is b/c it has absolutely no chemicals in it. There are so many shampoos that claim to be organic and all natural and this one truly is. I have oily hair as well as dermatitis on my scalp. This shampoo is doing wonders. It's a bit pricey and b/c there are no chemicals in it, it dosent lather up the way others do, but this dosent matter because it does the job. Smells good-minty. You have to follow it with a good conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jlbff

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I personally don't like any of the shampoos in the Aloe Essence line. They're of thinner consistency & just don't seem to do anything special for my thick, curly hair. I'll stick with my HG, Island Naturals, which works great as a shampoo & body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by stunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shampoo. I have long dry wavy hair. This shampoo cleans, moisturize and adds shine without harsh chemicals. Its 80% organic. I tried using just honey as a conditioner and the combo seems to work very well. Its a bit expensive..$9.95 for 11oz. , but I think its worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am still reeling from the dramatic shift in my household from Sodium Lauryl - Laureth - Myreth Sulfate products to all natural counterparts that do not have these chemicals (or similar ones ) in them.

Having recently purchased several new shampoos to try, one of them is from the AUBREY ORGANICS line of ALOE ESSENCE shampoos, a line released in March of 2004. (To let you know in reference to your reading this).

The review is for the DRY HAIR formulation and is supposed to be moisturizing.

The fragrance is lemon and clove and is very light. Not at all nauseating or overbearing.

I am kind of in a quandary about this shampoo. It makes my hair shiny. It cleans well. It does not dry it out. However, after using the J.A.Y. shampoo, also from the same company, well, I am spoiled by the volumizing quality of the JAY. This shampoo does not do a whole lot for volume.

However, it does work wonderfully as a cleanser and my husband's dry hair does well with it. I would say that this ALOE ESSENCE shampoo for DRY HAIR is a great choice for warm weather every day cleaning when volume does not matter much, and you just want it clean.

I can see this being a great summer shampoo for my family.

It does not suds way up like chemical shampoos do, but it does suds enough to let you know it is there. The cleaning it does leaves our hair shiny, so it is a good shampoo. For special occasions, I will use the J.A.Y. shampoo which gives us all awesome volume. However, I will use this a lot in the warmer and even hotter weather when the last thing I want to feel is MORE HAIR! :) continued >>