New York Color Eyeliner Duet - Rich Girl

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this looking for a black eyeliner. I picked up a black eyeliner and was on my way when this caught my eye. I saw the black and saw how it had a gold bottom and i thought it was just the design, not a duo, but i took a closer look and saw how it had 2 eyeliners so i bought it because i have never had a gold eyeliner and i thought gold would look cool on my eyes. I took it home and swatched it immediately, one color on each eye. I put the black on and it was very smooth and i liked how it was not too soft and not to harsh to apply, it went on my waterline with no problem but the end broke but that was my fault. I love the black and use it daily but the gold is another story. The gold barely showed on my tan skin and after trying to apply five times it still barely showed. It went on smooth but i wanted to cut the gold off and toss it. I will always use the black for my everyday eyeliner but i might try gold out someday, but not anytime soon. The packaging was plain and was simple. I stored it in my makeup bag with all my other makeup and after a few days the caps were cracked and broken so i was disappointed. I have to store it on my dresser now. Would re buy but only for the black. Plus at 1.73 i can't complain at it being too expensive.

on 4/9/2009 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this yesterday at Wal-Mart for $1.73 (a steal) because I thought that the greenish/gold would compliment my eyes, and that the black end would be a great dramatic look...The black end does it's job, but I have trouble getting greenish/gold side to show up!! I could use it for a brightener as some of the reviewers said, but I was really hoping the green would be great for a liner. It's still a good liner, but I think I'm gonna go buy a darker green.
Overall, I would still consider re-purchasing.

on 12/16/2008 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would def. buy it again. It's a nice color and i use the black on my waterline and i ahve no prob. I dont have a prob with smudgyness either. But good product.

on 5/25/2008 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

The idea for a duel end eyeliner is great!!!! The black end of this eyeliner complements with the golden color at the end. I can use the gold to brightened up my eyes or to make it look bigger. When you sharpen it, the end point of the pencil doesn't crumble or flake off, this eyeliner pencil holds up well. It won't get crushed or broken in pieces in my purse. One problem with this is that it tends to be flaky after some time, like 3 hours later....

on 5/3/2007 7:02:00 PM

I love the color combo. The black really shows and the greenish golden color looks lovely but boy it smudges like crazy. I won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2007 9:16:00 PM

love this. its a staple. use the black side to do my dramatic sexy lining and the golden/white side to brighten up my inner corners, widen my eyes, or highlight the brow bone. great product for a great price. the black can be a tad smudgy but no more so than most liners i believe.

on 6/9/2006 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Great, great, great. Gold is creamy and vibrant black is deep and I found the black to have great staying power. The gold smudges more, but ti's pretty.

on 2/16/2006 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually liked it but I have a huge problem with the smudging because it smudges a lot. The gold end is great the black is just smudgy. But I still would by this again.

on 8/17/2005 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very cute! I apply the gold shade to the inner corner of my eye and it brightens my eyes up in no time! It's a very pretty shimmery gold with a basic black liner on the other end. It had pretty good staying power too =) Will repurchase.