August 28, 2014 | 1068 users online

Bronzers - L'Oreal - Glam Bronze Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product as it failed to deliver the results I was hoping for. I already have brown, tanned skin but I like using some bronzer to add a nice bronzey sheen. Since it's a gel, I figured it would be useful and a good non-irritant for my oily skin. It was a toss up between this and Benefit's Glamazon, but Glamazon is so darn expensive I figured that I would try the cheaper L'Oreal version. Glam Bronze goes on with a nice cool sensation, but it is way too sheer. The bronze colour hardly shows up on my face. It is also way too shimmery, so the result I got was the same as if I had rubbed a clear sparkly gel all over my cheeks. Not flattering in real life and especially not in photographs. It also clogged my pores and made me break out. I've recently realized that it works well for nights out when I'm wearing a dress and I rub it along my collarbone and on my arms and shoulders. However, this tactic only works in the summer because in the winter, the gel is easily rubbed off by a sweater/coat.
Consequently, I have a full, 2 year old jar of this stuff sitting on my dresser. Argggh!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely amazing IF you apply a dab of moisturizer to your face beforehand, and you apply the product with a sponge. It's not really one of those things you can just smear on with your fingers. I really like how it had a pinky tone to it, instead of being orangey like most other bronzing products. It really looked amazing on me after I figured out the best way to apply it. It reminds me of Benefit's Flamingo Fancy, and I'll definately be buying it again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I really, really wanted to love this. It looked so pretty inside the jar, that I was positive it would look as great on my face. But nope. It made my face look completely muddy and like I had really bad skin. It also clumped up in darker patches on some parts of my face, and other parts were lighter. It felt rather heavy on as well. So disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the subtle gold this gel leaves. It's not too shiny or glittery. You can layer on more if you want a more dramatic look. This is a bit too gold for me. I'd've prefered a more coppery color. Also, they should have packaged this in a tube. It's in a glass tub which you can't easily tote, and you have to stick your fingers into it which can be messy. Plus, if you knock it over which is what I'm sort of known for, it can be a horrid mess to clean up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this last year (in 05, it says limited edition, so I'm not sure if it's the same as the other reviews) to mix with my lotion for a light bronzey shimmer on my legs. It works ok, but it's just too much of a bother for me to do, and if I use it for during the day I find it's way too shimmery. Good for a night time look, but for the day Savage Bronze - moisture glow tan enhancer is much more subtle and better suited. (I got mine at Sally for USD $4.99)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Nibs09

Pros: gives skin a beautiful glow; lightweight and easy to apply.
Cons: LE; packaging not hygienic.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I got the 'Glam Bronze gel shimmering highlighter in Bronze Aglow'. It is a LE, part of the summer 2006 collection. I am not into tanning, since I am medium/tan in color (BB foundation in natural), but I have always wanted a bronze glow. This product delievers! Its a beautiful bronze with gold shimmer (almost like gold dust), there is no obvious glitter. It is lightweight, really creamy in texture and melts into my skin. When I apply it, I feel a cooling sensation on my skin, its refreshing. I did notice that the gel leaves a golden sheen on my fingers after application, but this is easily washed away.

It can be applied on both the face and body(I tried it on my face). I applied small amounts of it lightly over my foundation. It did not accentuate my pores nor collect in fine lines and dry skin (my cheeks sometimes have dry skin). I did not notice obvious color (but this may be because I am already a tan color), it gave me a really healthy, sunkissed glow.

The packaging is OK, I would prefer to have it in a bottle with a pump, so that it is more hygienic. You get alot of product, a small amount goes along way. I paid approx. $10, which I think is OK, since I am happy with the quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Too coppery, too much shimmer, to heavy. Makes my lt-med olive complexion look orange and fake. I'll stick with Eyeko's bronzing gel in summer, and Dr. H in winter. Much more natural and lighter texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2005 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Mee28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

eh...i liked it. for the most part. it didnt put much color in my face and i am a little tan only. it did add shimmer which i liked. i like wearing it 4 the shimmer. but it just didnt seem 2 bronze that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this on aftersummer season sale, so it would normally be more pricey. The consistency is nice and goes on smoothly with no breakouts! Pleasant smell and the color is subtle for those with generally pale skin who want a boost of color for the winter doldrums.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by brimer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to go against the consensus and say I really disliked this product. I have been trolling around this site for a while now but it took this product to motivate me to do a review. This product looks like mud on me - nomatter how little I used or how long I blended. It also settled into my pores and made me look like I have awful skin. I wanted to love this - it seemed like such a good idea. I have oily skin which may have something to do with the problem, but I will NEVER try this again!