October 22, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Sponge on Glitter Gloss

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by BakanHorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried four flavors of this gloss, "Sapphire Berry", "Opal Watermelon", "Boysenberry Ruby" and "Peach Pearidot". Im surprised that the MUAers who have reviewed this gloss failed to menchion that "Sapphire Berry" and "Boysenberry Ruby" are the same exact flavor. When I first tried Sapphire Berry its strong sryup-y synthetic berry smell almost sent me hurling. Its smell reminded me vividly of a perscription cough sryup that would leave me dizzy, with my vision blurred. We later found out that I was allergic to the cough sryup. To give you the whole story, the first Glitter Gloss I purchased was "Peach Peridot", I love Peach and since Peridot is my birthstone, I figured it was apropriate. I opened this gloss, tried it on and fell in love, I even adored the fake little Peridot embedded in the top of the glittery peach colored cap. The smell was not really peach, but more of a pear. A peachy pear mix. I loved it just the same. Because I adore my peach I went to the store and purchased "Opal Watermelon", this one wasn't really good, or really bad. It had a nice Jolly Rancher Watermelon flavor (the same as the "Cool Melon" lip lites - if any of you have tried that). I again felt prompted to try another Glitter Gloss (convinced that I would find another that I loved- like my peach) I had chosen the extremely gross "Sapphire Berry". Since I had a really good experience with "Peach Peridot" and a really bad one "Sapphire Berry" I decided to try yet another - "Boysenberry Ruby", but "Boysenberry Ruby" and "Sapphire Berry" were the same flavor! Dissapointing to say the least. All these glosses have the same slick texure and shine, with a little glitter. That's where the marketing gimmick comes into play. The whole package of this gloss is completely covered in sparkles, the cap, wand, everything. All these sparkles seem to play a sort of trick on your eyes, making you believe that there are more sparkles than what is truly there. The "Peach Peridot" is really what saved the ratings on this one. "Peach Peridot" has been discontinued, along with the old packaging. In the new packages, Bonne Bell has gottten rid of the little gem embedded at the top of the cap. The little gem was of course not neccessary but, certiantly a nice addition. If I had to reccomend a gloss from this line (apart from the discontinued peach) it would be Opal Watermelon, I would suggest staying away from the berry flavors (I have also tried [not purchased] "Strawberry Garnet Glaze", it is also not a great flavor, very strong and synthetic, similar to the other two [or should i say one] berry flavors I have tried)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2004 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Littlesealgurl99

This stuff was pretty bad, I got it in Strawberry and it smelled like gasoline, it made me sick to my stomach when i wore it and it tasted terrible, cute packaging though

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by 1nefertiti1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Peach Peridot, because I have an obsession with anything peach flavored. It wears off pretty fast, but it tastes good. I've found better glosses and I have enough clear ones, so I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way out watermelon is my favorite. In fact it was my favorite lip gloss for years, but it was just time to grow up.... so sad.... It smells so good thought and I also love the peach one (can't remember the name of it since I can never find it anymore). I think I'm going to buy me a way out watermelon next week just for old times sake.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2003 2:24:00 AM More reviews by nerdalicious

Bought this in Strawberry Garnet Glaze. The smell is a bit artificial, and it really didn't look much different then my normal lips. A little shine, but certainly not enough to qualify as a glitter gloss. No real reason to waste money on this when you can get the same effect with any other gloss. Also, maybe it's just me, but it made my lips a little tingly. Maybe I'm slightly allergic? Don't think that's supposed to happen. Hah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 5:09:00 AM More reviews by alethea

I have this in Sapphire Berry. Will never buy this again. Don't either unless you've decided to stop breathing the length of time you would be wearing this. It smells horrendous. I am normally not picky on fruity scents but this is SO bad. My boyfriend says it smells like paint. I think it smells familiar.. but VERY artificial. I would buy the glitter glosses of other scents for fun (and collection), but never this again, even though its really cheap. The packaging is cute - I really want to like this, its cute and girly and feeds the little girl in me, if not for the horrendous smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2003 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cherrycrush00

I bought this lipgloss in Strawberry Garnet Glaze from Wal Mart for only $3. I really enjoy this lip gloss...its not goopy and the smell doesn't give me a headache. The packaging could be better though. The wand is a bit cheap feeling, but I don't mind because I like this gloss. It is a bit thin, but I'd prefer it thin than super thick and gunky. This gloss has a special place in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by stormdancer

My sis got this for Christmas. I'm not big on the watermelon flava (I don't know why, but I just don't like watermelon), but other than that, it's great! It has a nice shine and is easily applied. Would definetly repuchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2002 4:51:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Peach Pearidot... it's a good gloss looks-wise on the lips... nice and glossy with minimal sparkles. However, it's pretty thin and tends to wear off easily. Also, the flavor that I got smells... not good. It's kind of like paint. I would buy this again, but definitely in a different flavor.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 4:29:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Strawberry Garnet Glaze and it smells wonderful but it's a little sheer for my tastes. Also, it doesn't taste great.