LUSH Marilyn Hair Moisturiser

3.6

Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum), Chamomile Infusion (Anthemis nobilis and Chamomilla recutita), Saffron Infusion (Crocus sativus), Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Chamomile Oil (Matricaria recutica), Soya Lecithin, *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 7/26/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I try to wash my hair as little as possible so that means i use as little product as possible too and since i like to have something natural in my hair care once in a while this is perfect i wouldn't say its a necessity but it is nice to use

on 7/26/2014 5:18:00 AM

I am using this the first time right now, it is on my hair and already makes it really soft. I did not use that much as recommended, cause it is so over prized, but it will be way enough even for my long hair that reaches until the middle of my back in length. The smell reminds me of something plasticky from my childhood and also of orange juice which isn't even listed in the ingredients. Speaking of ingredients, it contains methylparaben and propylparaben which is a turnoff for me cause I really try to live healthily but I will see how it feels after sitting in the sun and washing my hair: if it works I will keep the max rating.

on 2/17/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

second tub now

my hair is super dry and frizzy from bleach.
i keep this on my hair for an hour before i shampoo it.
i can now leave my hair to dry naturally after a shower
..was never able to do that before

This product works. I use this on my platinum blonde peroxide hair that is as dry as the Sahara. The difference is really noticeable, and lasts a few days. I don't get the wispy effect that others have mentioned, but perhaps that's because my hair is like candy floss if I don't condition.

on 12/24/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to liven up my natural blonde hair in the winter as it tends to darken then. Minimal lightening effects and leaves my hair a bit floppy and wispy. Also, it irritates the hell out of my scalp. Makes it red. It looks like the best effects are felt if you leave it on for a couple of hours and sit in the sun. Nit going to happen in UK in winter.

on 6/6/2013 10:23:00 PM

I used this they same way I use the other Lush hair treatments...I dampen my hair slightly and rub a small amount through my hair, slowly, really working it in. I then let it sit for a couple hours and sometimes go in the sun for some heat on it. There is no way I need as much as the directions say. This tub will last 20-30 treatments. I wash and condition with Lush's solid shampoo and conditioner afterwards. It makes my hair very shiny and soft but a bit too fluffy almost frizzy the first night after using it. I tames it down with a bit of R&B. The next day it's beautiful! I don't find this greasy to my scalp at all, but my scalp is pretty normal, not tending to be greasy. I use a hair treatment about once every 5-6 days-just because I love them! The smell is kinda funny from the tub but once washed out it is just clean and fresh smelling, nothing too strong. It seems to lighten it slightly but not drastically.

Edit after day 2: this definitely does not smooth my hair, I did continuously have some frizzies to deal with. It is still not greasy and is very shiny and silky and full of volume. I'll need a bit of gel to keep it smooth though. Taking away a lippie for that. I still like it for the other qualities however.

on 2/27/2013 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

My hair is a dull red, but when I spend a lot of time outside in the sun it lightens and I get natural lighter streaks. This is what I was trying to achieve with this product, and it definitely worked! It made my hair just look brighter, and softer. It added subtle light to darker parts of my hair, and I love the way it looks! My hair is also so much softer whenever I use this. I'm currently on my third bottle.

I just hate the smell, it is disgusting. I want to gag whenever I open the container, but aside from that I love this product. It is a little expensive in my opinion, but I don't use that much at a time so it's not so bad. I'm really glad I bought this! I just love the way it makes my hair look.

on 2/11/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A few months ago I reviewed Cynthia's Stout shampoo, and in that review I mentioned I thought I was noticing brassy tones peaking their way through my blonde hair. I returned that product and continued to use Marilyn, because it left my hair silky and such. When I went to have my hair colored, my stylist asked "WTH" had I been using in my hair. There were streaks of chicken fat yellow that took a time consuming, heavy head of foils to correct. After discussing ingredients and such, we narrowed it down to this product. I still to this day don't understand why companies that make products for blondies that are YELLOW. That's the last thing we want in our hair. I am not certain whether or not these products actually impart yellow tones, it might just be a psychological aversion. But if you think about it, bleached/heavily highlighted hair is porous and has been known to soak up color, even if it is from a pool. But I digress. Something in this did not agree with me.

ANYWHO, if you are a light blonde, be careful with this! Ask for a sample first. This was a $100+ mistake for me. :(

on 1/27/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

PROS
moisturized my hair
just as good as any lush conditioner

CONS
greasy
did not lighten
expensive
strong smell that i did not mind

on 7/24/2012 5:21:00 PM

- My favorite Lush hair treatment, actually hair care product period.
- Packaging is OK; typical Lush black tub
- I thought the smell to be quite nice, not overpowering but long lasting. I can't really descripe it, I'm sorry. ;-(
- Although Lush hair treatments are rather expensive and I can only get 4 uses out of them (on dry hair / good coverage) this product is worth it.
- I have fine but a lot of honey blond hair prone to damage, frizz, dry and fly away hairs. I also use heat (CHI iron) twice a week, but I stopped with the bleaching a year ago... and this is a miracle worker. Marilyn makes my hair soft, shiney, full of moisture and even a little 'blonder'... I will always have at least one tub in the house!

Top Rated LUSH Products