October 1, 2014 | 1784 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Cream Eye Liner #9

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I know most professional artist have a set of brushes from a certain line, and thats what they stick to. I have never found a set that I enjoy each and every brush, so I make my own set- with all my favorites. It may not look 'professional' however, each and every brush in my collection is used on a regular basis and I am confident in all of them to do their job, and do it well. smashbox liner brush #9 is by far one of my favorites. while other liner brushes dont make the cut, this one is my all time favorite. The brush is made extremely well, the bristles are hard, and put together rows of a straight line... which makes for perfect application of your favorite cream or gel liner. The reason i love this one the most is because its the best thing for those who wear lashes... if you wear the full set of lashes (vs the individual ones) you may know that sometimes there is a line in between your lash line and the fake lash line that needs to be covered and blended with eyeliner... this brush makes this so easy, and virtually fool proof... you walk the brush line in between your real lash line and where the fake eyelash line starts... walk it across so that your look is finished and put together. Works soooo good. highly recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lumjiwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used to have a very flimsy eye liner brush that doesn't help me draw a straight line (I use it as a mini concealer brush now). These bristles are very firm and although a lot of reviewers said it hurts, I watched the mu videos on smashbox.com and it seems that if you want to avoid the pain, you should stamp / press the line on your eyeline instead of sweeping (or scratching it) against your skin. This is why the bristles are made to be so firm, it doesn't bend when you stamp, hence creating a straight line without any "drawing". This brush is meant to create very thin line - the bristles are packed tight and thin and sharp. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like to wear the thick cat eye look but still likes to create a natural thin solid line for a day look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I only bought this brush since I pretty much have all the other Smashbox brushes & I like to have the whole collection. This brush is stiff & very flat & wide which is not ideal for drawing a perfect line. I dip the brush into the gel liner & draw it across my lash line & since the brush is so big & flat, doesn't really curve to my eye. When you just use the corner instead to draw your line, it hurts! The bristles are so hard & not to mention, why would you just use the corner of the brush when you can get another nice eyeliner brush? I also hate how when I cleaned the brush, no matter how many times I cleaned it, the middle part kinda stained making it look a little grey since I use black eyeliners. I like my brushes to clean easy & look clean too. Don't waste your money on this brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by watsonsmummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels like I'm raking a new toothbrush across my eyelid. Ouch!

Also, it's too big to get the precision lines I want. Of course my clumsy n00b hands could be contributing to that.

I prefer my Studio Tools small angled eyeliner brush for lining. The Smashbox does work nicely as a brow brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I detest this brush. It's really stiff, rectangular and difficult to control. It takes me forever to do my eyeliner with this brush, which is less than ideal when you're in a hurry. It's slightly easier to control on the lower lashline, but I wear eyeliner primarily on my upper so this brush is of no use to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by pempem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's a good brush. i use it with my smashbox cream liner cameo. but it doesn't have a permanent cap so it gets dirty most of the time hehe. but i like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I hate this bush, is very stiff! you don't want that in your delicate eye area.
Is flat and makes it very very hard to create a nice line. I will try the MAC 266 which supposedly is soft yet firm for this purpose. EDIT: the 266 didn't work for me either. I guess brushes to lining the eyes are NOT for everyone.
What a waste! at least I'll use smashbox for my brows...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really thin brush. As far as flat eyeliner brushes go, I think Iike my Sephora Professionel Brush better. It isn't white, which is a pain because I like the look of clean makeup brushes. I will not purchase this again because I like angled brushes more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jinnzor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like this brush very much. The bristles are very stiff, and it's a little too big to make the kind of subtle lines I prefer. It has to be cleaned after every use.

I much prefer the Smashbox #28 that I got from a brush set. Smaller and easier to use.

Edit: I'm giving this brush one more lippie. After I've gotten used to it more it's not so bad. I currently use only one "corner" of the brush and gently drag it along my lash line. It works ok but it's still not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is a great brush, but you have to clean it often. I use several of Smashbox's brushes daily and I love them!