October 25, 2014 | 1881 users online

Fragrances - Tocca - Eau de Touch

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck. The scent is a very soft and powdery floral. I also smelled the slightest bit of cinnamon and something that after reading the components I believe to be the pomegranate. It smells more floral than fruity, though. The Gardenia is the dominant scent on me. It smells kind of old to me, like something an elderly lady might wear. It also made my nose burn a bit which is unusual. The weird thing was that after a while on my skin it really changed (not for any better) and began to smell minty. A co-worker actually asked me if I was drinking something with mint in it (I was not) but then I smelled my wrist and sure enough the scent had changed to a mint smell on me. Really did not like the scent so its ironic that it lasts so well. I also doubt many guys would like this, though I could be wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by greenclover

I dunno - I'm giving this a sort of neutral rating because I didn't even bother to test it on my skin (and things sometimes? develop differently on the skin) - I didn't even bother to test it on my skin because on the test strip my initial overall impression was jasmine - like the essential oil / headshop type of jasmine that I hate - not like fresh jasmine flowers - I couldn't get past that, so I didn't want it on my skin - My advice is not to bother if you're not a jasmine OIL (what I call sort of the "brown" jasmine, as opposed to the fresh, "white" jasmine) fan ...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from a Sephora oder and I love it! It's actually a large sample and I love the smell. I would love to purchase the full size soon. I am saving my money because the scent is delightful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

New to Tocca got Cleopatra and love it, then they came out with a new one with so many notes but it smells divine.It is edp Tocca Giulietta, many notes and it lingers. Tocca makes great fragrances, I am new to them but do like these two.
Notes top Bulgarian rose, ylang ylang, green apple, and pink tulips, combine with lily of the valley, iris pallidea,vanilla, orchid, lilac and helitrope, and now my favorites which is why I love it
base of cedarwood,musk, amber and sandalwood, how could you not love that, amazing, and a lot of notes,&yhearts;

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by maddiefish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh . . . it's okay. I got this as a free sample, and while I do wear it occasionally I wouldn't buy it. It's a really heavy perfume - a tiny dab, and I stink up the whole house. The floralness with the jasmine and the sandalwood smell like rotten flowers and cat pee on my skin . . . I do love the packaging of the original bottle though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

This is a truly well blended perfume. It's not perfect, but very few scents are. It opens with a warm, comfortable symphony of white flowers and a touch of something spicy I can't quite put my finger on. It dries into a floral that's soft and feminine without being remotely powdery. I wouldn't buy this in the full size, but if I can find a mini or purse size I'd definitely get it. Not my HG fragrance, but a nice option for a late summer evening date.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I purchased this at Sephora after spraying it on a fragrance card, and thinking "Wow, this smells a lot like Jessica McClintock's original fragrance, but more complex." It is a very feminine intoxicating floral on the fragrance card. The bottle and the engraved cap are absolutely amazing, but it is the heaviest and clunkiest packaging (I dropped the metal cap sevaral times and thought it was going to dent my hardwood floor). It retails for $68, and it was not worth it in my opinion. As some others have mentioned, this just has an off-putting smell. When I sprayed it on me it smelled so dirty, as in post-coital dirty, and not in a good way AT ALL-I couldn't stand it. It reminded me of an Axe body spray that I've smelled on a lot of young men at the high school I work at, which also makes my stomach turn. Weirdly enough, about 8 hrs. later it smells pretty and doesn't have that clammy, unclean note anymore. I think the nastiness of this has to do with body chemistry since it smelled so different on the card I sprayed it on.

So, I ended up returning it. I then ventured out to smell Jessica McClintock again after many years of forgetting about it, and ended up purchasing her new fragrance Always and Forever, which is just gorgeous and has the same florals, but without the weird notes like Touch had on my skin. It also is much cheaper and came w/ free purse size sprays and lotions (purchased at Macy's). YAY! My nose is happy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d skin, 41, married. Pros: interesting soft fruit/floral without the sweetness that screams "too young for you". Many descriptions of the notes in this are listed below-- pomegranate, sandalwood, and a soft floral are most prominent on my skin. I get no-- and I mean no-- drydown of balsam, which others have described as a drawback to this scent. Lasting power is good, price is moderate, and the bottle is very pretty. Cons: the balsam may be overwhelming for some, and pomegranate does make this a fruit/warm scent (no vanilla here that I notice). Buy again: yes. I'm looking for something unusual to take the place of my beloved discontinued Cacharel Lou Lou. DH likes this, so I'll keep wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely don't let the bad reviews sway you from trying this on! I absolutely love this scent, it is a warm floral with hints of cinnamon and sandalwood on me. DH loves it as well. After you spritz, give it a good five minutes before deciding if you like it - it smells icky on me for the first five minutes but the drydown is amazing and it keeps getting more amazing as the day goes on! This lasts all day on me, easy.

I really am not getting any of the heavy floral notes that other people are describing and I've tried it on several different times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this sample from Sephora too. This is a heavy cloying floral disaster. It reminds me of Tommy Bahama edt another awful fragrance.