October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Treatments (Face) - Zapzyt - 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by k198

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really want to love this product, I do. I know for a fact that this product works, but just not well for me. I bought this a few weeks after having run out of Terminator 10 Acne Lotion Spot Treatment, and there was none left in stock ANYWHERE in my area. I found Zapzyt pretty similar, and decided to give it a try because it was slightly cheaper than Terminator 10 and was mainly the same ingrediants (also I couldn't find any Terminator 10). I have to say that I am honestly very dissapointed in this product. I don't know whether it was because my skin was so used to another product (I've been using Terminator 10 for 2 years now and it completley cleared up my severe acne) or what, but this product did not help my in-progress breaking out skin AT ALL. If anything, I'd say it made it somewhat worse. Ever since I started using this, I've been breaking out more in the areas I used it as a spot treatment on 1 or 2 zits (these turned into 7 or 8 zits within days.). My chin and jawline are both currently all broken out from applying this product as a spot treater. I have never had a problem with acne in these areas specifically until now. Probably the most positive things I have to say out this product is it worked the first 2-3 days I used it and the price is very fair. From what I can tell, there was little to no smell so that wasn't an issue. The lotion also leaves a very yucky white looking film on my face and takes some scrubbing with exfoliating wipes to get off, which I didn't like at all. I am going to stop using this product and try to find more Terminator 10 in the near future. Like I said earlier, I really wanted to love this product, and I know it works, just not for me. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone who is switching over from another brand with a 10% benzoyl peroxide formula. I was hoping it would adjust to my skin and not break me out any more than it did, but I was slightly disappointed when it didn't do anything but make things worse. I am going to give this product 2 stars for the good pricing at least.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by murrykeeng

Oh my goodness guys. I've had problematic skin since I was 13 years old (I'm now 19), and I've been through a litany of products and prescriptions to fix it. I have severe comedonal acne, and while it's not as terrible as cystic, it's terribly hard to treat.
As I've gotten older, I've noticed acne beginning to regularly crop up on my jawline and chin, especially when I'm PMSing. Ugh, it seemed like nothing at all could fix it until I came upon Zapzyt. I was skeptical - it's so cheap, how could it beat these expensive treatment systems?!
And yet somehow it does. I've used Benzoyl Peroxide products before, and though they work, they're super harsh and drying and honestly painful. This is drying, but for once my Cetaphil moisturizer actually takes care of it. Also, it doesn't hurt at all upon application. The first time I put it on, I figured it was defective since I didn't feel anything.
Sure enough, just like all the other reviews say, just days into using Zapzyt and my blemishes have dried up and are fading away gently into the sunset.....
Awesome. And though I recognize it might not work for everyone's skin-type, for $5, what do you have to lose to try?

****EDIT****

Good God never mind the above. After two months of use, it hasn't really helped a thing. If I use two applications in a day, morning and evening, I get these awful brown streaks on the area. It's also SO itchy. Irresistibly itchy. My acne is mainly hormonal, so I guess topical solutions won't help regardless, but still. I think it aggravated it because my skin is worse than ever along the jawline and under my chin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by mtcowgirly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this eleven years ago when I was in 8th grade and suffering emotionally and physically from severe acne. It worked like a miracle for over a year. My acne went away completely. Yes, I'm not kidding. COMPLETELY WENT AWAY. But looking back there were other factors involved too, such as not stressing, not touching my skin ever, eating better, and keeping my life clean and organized. But I know this product was a big player too. I applied a very small amount all over my face morning and evening after cleansing, then moisturized. I was using Mary Kay. I had glowing skin for over a year and then I don't know why, but life became stressful again and the zapzyt only helped, but didn't cure. It worked off and on for the next eleven years. Never really irritated me too much, but it is drying. I have gotten to the point where I want to try and figure out what my underlying issue is. Hormones, diet, lifestyle, stress etc. So after all these years of using zapzyt I am stopping. I will always keep it on hand, though. And I would definitely tell you to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by GlossyGal05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I have combination skin. I barely break out but when I do I usually get around one or two. I don't know what's been up with my skin lately but it will not stop breaking out. I started breaking out on my right cheek, then left cheek, and now forehead. I was desperate to stop my skin from breaking out and I didn't know what to do...but then I remembered this ZapZyt Spot Treatment that I had in my bathroom cabinet. I figured why not, what could it possibly do, make me break out even more? So getting to the point, I whipped this out and applied it to my zits after washing and moisturizing my face right before bed. The next morning I woke up and to my surprise, my zits on my cheeks had almost disappeared and the zit on my forehead is half the size. I woke up with another zit that I could feel forming so that morning when I went to wash my face I followed up with this on all my zits again. I will provide an updated review to let you know how this works throughout the week and let you all know if it clears up my acne. The packaging says use up to three times daily, so I will do that and see how it works.

At first I was frightened to use it because the first time I used it I had two current zits that I applied this to and I think it made them bigger, my skin might have had a bad reaction or it might have been bringing all the gunk to the surface. But I am glad that I saw this and used it again because this time around it actually shrunk them and lessened them in size.

All in all, I really like this stuff even just after one use. As I said, I will provide an updated review to tell if it cleared my skin.

EDIT: I have been using this religiously on zits and I love it. It makes them smaller within a couple days and then they disappear. It won't zap the zit overnight but it definitely does help zits from forming and helps to diminish current zits. It does dry out your skin SEVERELY if you use too much so be sure to buy a great moisturizer and do not use it too much. I used it a little too much and my skin got very dry and started peeling, when I wore makeup it would emphasize the dry spots on my face from this. But that's my fault and does not take away from the beauty of this product. Just be careful not to use too much and you will reap the benefits of this treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I dont suffer from acne but I was suffering (not the word WAS) from whiteheads that had formed below my eyes, on top of the cheek area. I tried so many things from sulfur to actually getting a lancet and popping them to get the junk out (sorry for the description). However, they would always come back. I had finally decided to give up on trying to get rid of them. Finally I decided to try zapzyt one day and lo and behold, these things started going away. I can now say that after a week of using this stuff, my whiteheads are completely gone. I never thought id be able to get rid of them but I did. I also exfoliate quite often because your skin tends to get a bit dry and peel off but that is all the dead skin that is coming off. I use a light moisturizer in the morning and for the first time ever, I dont have bumpy skin under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by thesvenni

This has really helped me. It helps on whiteheads, blemishes, cyst, ingrown hairs... If a blemish is under the skin, it wil be ready to pop after a few applications, or it will shrink in after a couple of applications a day after a few days. Very useful. But be careful how you use it, if you want to use it on larger areas, only do this if you have very oily skin, only once a day, and before mousturizer! Because or else it wil dry out skin and make it really flaky (because it also works a bit like an exfoliator, because the benzoyl peroxide removes the top layer of the skin if you let it sit for a little while).I often use it on my chest, chin or nosetip, because my skin is extremely oily there. It really helps keep the oils and breakouts down. It is an abolute essential for me, since this product alone completely removed acne from my chest! Such a confidence boost! I would definently repurchase! I am so sad, that you can't get it here, but it's just 5 $ in the states, and it is a lot more effective than more high end spot treatments. I would recommend this to anyone in their teens or with acne, body acne, oily or combination skin! If you just get hormonal breakouts around that time of the month, you will just need this product, because you probably don't need a strong cleanser, tonic, exfoliator i.e. for everyday. It will clear your spots up before your period is over! Just great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ashnicholexo

I use this after my neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask and I love it. It can be a bit drying but I have a really good moisturizer so it's ok :) (I use the cetaphil moisture cream, the one in the tub)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by HelloMabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my acne-related HG. I've tried all kinds of topicals, non-prescription and prescription, and this stuff takes the cake. I'm in my mid-twenties with super oily skin, with birth control related hormone craziness. My forehead and chin will randomly attract little pimple parties. Little pimples, BIG parties. I'll take a dollop of Zapzyt, rub it in really good over the pimple party area once a day (at night only), and in 48 hours the pimples will be little shriveled-up husks of what they once were.

If only it were that simple! If course there's a downside. For those 48 hours, my skin will be red as a tomato, INCREDIBLY itchy (think chicken pox itchy) almost to the point of hurting, flaking, and just generally disgusting. It gets worse before it gets better. But on the plus side, the pimples dry up and fall off in a couple of days when my face returns to its normal colour.

I prepare myself for Zapzyt days. I try to use it only on weekends or when I won't be in public because of how bad my skin reacts to it. BUT, 100% of the time, it will kill the breakout dead.

TLDR; amazingly effective product, but be prepared for possible bad reactions before the pimples clear up, and have a strong moisturizer on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been battling with acne for only a few months now and just recently I found Zapzyt on a list of effective Benzoyl Peroxide products and decided to give it a try. After noticing an increase of closed comedones on my left cheek and chin I asked my MD what I could do about this and he recommended using at least 5% Benzoyl Peroxide; when I saw 10% Benzoyl Peroxide I thought, "Wow, even better!" WRONG, my face doesn't seem to be responding to the product - it's only been a week but I notice my pimples are dry but with dark spots and the area feels very rough. It doesn't irritate and burn like other reviews say but it has made my acne worse - I will be discontinuing the use of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this at one point. It didn't do ANYTHING for me, but it didn't make anything worse. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll up the score a little.