Garnier Synergie Pure - SOS Anti-Blemish Pen

3.2

on 11/26/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Originally bought this while travelling in the UK as I forgot to bring my Duac Benzoyl Peroxide cream along and was having bad breakouts so I decided to try out salicylic acid . Didn't really seem to help while I was there but it didn't make things much worse. Didn't use it for a few months after I came back but once I used it the applied areas started getting very red and stung. Was so painful I had to wipe it off 15 minutes later. Not sure if it was the particular product or salicylic acid doesn't work for me. Won't be using again, let alone repurchase.

on 2/6/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It helps sometimes, but I am not very obsessed with this product. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

UPDATE: I like it, I bought the third package now.

on 1/11/2013 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got the "Pure active anti-imperfections roll on" and it really works. I use it as soon as i see a blemish surface. The next day the blemish broke down and i apply a few more nights until its fine.

I think the main ingredient is salicylic acid which is what'll work against blemish. I roll over the blemish a few times and then use my finger to massage the liquid into my skin.

There isn't a strong scent and the liquid is watery. The best thing is this is affordable and works.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This actually works, which suprised me alot. It doesn't make the spots (of which I have many) disappear, but it calms them down and makes them less read/yellow/gross. You can wear it on top of make up or under it too, so that's convenient.

on 3/20/2012 2:18:00 PM

I bought this two days ago and so far I am really happy with this anti-blemish pen. It's easy to use, painless and it works well. I like that it is clear, so you don't look like a clown if you use it in public. Also, it's cheap and it will last you ages.

EDIT: Okay, I've been using this for a couple of days now, and I don't know if maybe I just don't use it right, but it doesn't really seem to do anything for me. Yes, it does dry out the pimple, but they also get much bigger than they normally do. It seems like the stuff kind of 'gets in the pimple', making it bigger and yellower. Yuk. Wouldn't buy it again.

on 12/23/2011 11:30:00 PM

I have repurchased this numerous times - I find it to be very effective in clearing up impurities, especially when applied both morning and night. Those of you who wear make-up be warned though - the gel does not absorb into the skin completely so powder or foundation applied on top of it may look cakey / patchy. Great product at a great price.

on 9/19/2011 9:59:00 AM

Great product. It is clear, it dries my pimples and it is cheap. It really works for me. The only downside: it is tricky for me to take out the product from the tube and sometimes I get a lot of product and I hate wasting it.

on 4/14/2011 10:35:00 AM

I always repurchase this product. It really is the only anti-blemish pen that helps reducing the appearance of pimples and even acne-scars. I've tried a nivea one too (bye bye spot), but that one didn't do anything for me (and was kind of unhygienic too, imo.)
So overall, I'm really happy with my Garnier pen, and I'll keep buying this.

on 3/12/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product doesn't do much for my skin. And whenever I take the cap off the product is coming out and it doesn't stop till if screw the lid back on. It's really sticky as well.

on 12/12/2010 4:02:00 PM

This pen sometimes works on me. I have noticed that if I apply this to a pimple, that is just starting appear, it help minimizes the appearance of the pimple. But when I apply it to my existing pimples, it does not seem to have any major effects on the pimples at all. Generally, the effectiveness of the pen varies.

I have stuck with this product for a few years now because: 1) its reasonably priced ($7.99 when its on sale) 2) 1 stick usually lasts a few months 3) doesn't dry out my skin much 4) easy to use 5) has a pleasant smell and 6) more effective than some of the other blemish products that I have tried.

As some people have noted, yes its somewhat difficult to apply makeup over this product and that is why I only apply it at night. It does sting after applying the product but I have gotten use to it.

Popular Treatments (Face)