Neutrogena Pre-Sunless Scrub

3.3

on 1/4/2008 10:42:00 PM

I don't like the smell, and that is probably a big decidnig factor for me. For a scrub I want something clean but luxurious, this smelled more lke clean and cheap, not quite as bad as a gas station bathroom, but maybe more like a slightly upscale mall bathroom smell. It wasn't super exfolitating but I have had worse, and I have better, so I will stick with those thank you.

I got mine as a bonus gift when I purchased one of Neutrogena's self tanners. This smells good, but honestly it's nothing special. You could use any regular scrub before you self tan and get the same results, basically. (Hint for those who have body acne--this stuff has salicylic acid in it, so it might help combat body breakouts-very similar in ingredients to the Neutrogena body clear body scrub). I wouldn't buy it again b/c I think it's an unnecessary product, but it's not bad by any means.

on 5/7/2006 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Makes my skin really soft and ready for my tan

on 9/22/2005 4:10:00 PM

This scrub really helps self-tanner application. My skin felt really smooth after using it, even the rough parts of my feet. I use this with L'oreal Sublime Bronze Gelee and my skin feels amazingly soft. My tan was perfect, no blotches, and lasted a little longer than usual. Highly recommended.

on 8/10/2005 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As a scrub, this sucks. It's more of a moisturizer, since there's about three whole scrubbing beads in an entire handful of goop. But, it did work well before my sunless tanner, and the smell was great. WAS. I stopped using it when I started tanning (I know, I know) and it's been sitting around for about two months. I wanted to use it on my face the other day for a little bit of exfoliation, and it reeks! It's like rotten plastic, if that makes any sense. Just a really horrible smell. I would not buy this again anyway, but especially not now that it smells like I wiped my ass with it. I will stick with St. Ives Apricot Scrub for my body from now on.

on 6/3/2005 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not much of a scrub, however, I got it in a Neutrogena kit with 2 scrub mitts, and they work together wonderfully. The product smells nice and rinses off clean, leaving me very smooth. I would use this with a washcloth or pouf if you don't have scubby gloves or mitts, but I don't think it would do much on it's own.

on 6/5/2004 7:14:00 PM

This stuff could barely be considered a scrub. It had little to no scrubbing power to it. I had to scrub hard to get any exfoliating action and even then it wasn't much. It had a nice scent but that's about all I got from it. I'll use what I've got but won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This made my skin soft, but that is because it apears to leave a film on the skin to soften it. It has hardly any scrubbing power- very few srubbing beads, more of a lotion. It came in a sunless tanning kit so I basically got the scrub for free- but I won't buy this on my own. There are countless other inexpensive drugstore scrubs that do a better job.

on 4/7/2004 2:53:00 AM

I bought this to use before my self-tanner, but I like it so much it is my regular weekly exfoliant. Not sure if it really improves my self tanner application since I never really had any problems with streaks, but it definitely makes my skin super soft - must be the beta hydroxy and glycerin. The bottle says it may be used on the face and body, but I think the beads are too harsh for my face. Pleasant smell, EXCELLENT softening. Highly recommended!