Bare Escentuals Mineral blush

4.5

I just finished my Love Radiance Bare Minerals blush. I love the way it looks on my cheeks. It lasts all day and feels good against my skin. It's not cakey at all. The product itself lasts a long time as well!

on 12/17/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- Not shimmery/sparkly. Will leave a very natural finish - especially the "Hint" blush. "Hint" will give fair skin a natural, flushed look.
- For my fair skin, I like "Hint" and "Golden Gate", the latter being more peachy/orange (in a natural way if that makes sense) and standing out more.
- I have a feeling this one blush will last me a very long time. Lots of product for a decent price.

Cons
- Staying power is average.

Overall - I am torn if I would re-purchase this, even though it is ok I am not in love with it. I am very into cream blushes at the moment but decided to buy this one nevertheless. It is a decent blush. If you're shopping for blushes, I would also recommend getting a blush set (not this brand necessarily - try Nars or Tarte or another brand) - it's more bang for your buck. For the price of 2 separate blushes you can get a blush set with ~5 blushes.

on 8/22/2014 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

*** WARNING: EYE & SKIN ALLERGY ***

These loose-powder blushes contain 'BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE'. It is refined grinded metal which is not commonly found find in other cosmetics (at least not in these quantities).

As you apply this loose powder, the crystal shaped metal particles enter the pores. If you happen to be allergic, the reaction may not be immediate. In fact it may take months before you see the impact. It took me 3 months to react. The skin may blister, breakout in itchy pimples or swell. The sensation is similar to having a tiny shards of metal in your skin or burn as if it was sand-papered. You can also suffer from irritated and swollen eyelids. I had blisters inside my eyelid and lost a lot of my lashes due to it. Very unpleasant.

The main warning I want to give, is regarding the recovery time. If you happen to be allergic, the skin irritation and scars may continue until skin expels the heavy metal that is sitting inside the pores. This needs to occur naturally, which means months of waiting during which you have to deal with severe skin issues and extreme skin dryness. It has been 8 months since I used the blush and I am STILL recovering.

It is worth noting that due to the loose nature of this blush, the particles travel everywhere, including lungs and eyes.

Given my experience, I cannot recommend this blush, nor the use of any loose-powder product that contains this ingredient. I cannot word this any stronger.

on 10/14/2013 7:26:00 PM

I like all the blushes under Bare. However, it does contain a lot of minerals that make your face look shiny in pictures. Don't use them if you plan to take pictures with flashes.

on 10/8/2013 4:56:00 PM

Love this blush! They discontinued my favorite color, Miracle, so I stock up from eBay or Amazon. I use with a bare minerals foundation blush to apply to the apples of my cheeks, and haven't found a blush that gives a more brightening, natural, lively glow. Hate Bare Minerals packaging though. I get tired of the unscrewing, tapping into lid, etc. DUPE: E.L.F. Studio Blush in Passionate Pink.

on 8/31/2013 12:08:00 PM

Really great blushes! I have a couple of these loose powder blushes, and they've really worked!
Each of these that I've tried has not failed me. They're extremely pigmented, and stay true to their color throughout the entire day. There is also a ton of selection in terms of colors and shades- even sizes! Like, you can get a small sized blush (same size as a bM loose powder shadow) or a larger sized blush (same size as bM loose powder foundation).
Applying these is probably the most difficult part; since they're loose powder, they tend to just get everywhere and it's easy to underestimate how much you've picked up on your brush. It's not hard to accidentally use too much; that's the reason why I gave it 4 lipsticks. A little goes a long way-- I still have a hard time with that, haha! Since they are extremely pigmented, you really do need to be sure that you have not picked up too much product. What I like to do, personally, is, before I apply the blush, shake the container (while it's closed!), and then open it up. Then, look on the inside of the little lid/cap thing; whatever product coats the cap is usually the perfect amount of blush to use for one side. So, swirl your brush in the cap and apply like normal! Once you get used to applying these blushes, everything will fall into place.
Longevity is great; bM mineral blushes do not fade, and have great staying powder. I have not had any problems with them in that department. They feel weightless on my skin. Also, the product has a really long shelf life. These are actually pretty affordable; especially in bareEscentuals outlets, where you can get the little blushes for like $6 each. I recommend these to everyone!

on 5/8/2013 5:17:00 PM

Love this. It gives off the perfect shade without being to pink.

on 4/28/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love all of the loose BM blushes that I have ever tried. They are highly pigmented easy to blend out. And, they are very long-lasting on the face as well.

on 4/10/2013 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this in color Aphrodisiac. I really like the color and it looks nice on my skin. Very buildable. I just wish there were more colors in the collection.

on 3/18/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I enjoy all my looseBE blushes

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products