October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Continuous Color - new formula

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by springgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do you know how perfect this lipstick in Warm Brick would be for me but for the fact that it turns bright fuschia on me also?! I get about 3 minutes of perfect peachy color then it's all over. It's hard to wipe off,too. No more Cover Girl lipsticks for me....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this lipstick. I've only tried a few other brands, but this by far is the best. In comparison to all types of Clinique lipstick and Maybelline Wet Shine I love this. It's smooth with good pigment. It's quite moisturizing and not as dry as a cream lipstick. This color is a fairly bronzey shimmer color which is neutral and suits me well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by llamadu

Wow, what staying power. I like not worrying about my lipcolor getting everywhere while I am wearing this. Make sure you exfoliate your lips before appication, or you will become very aware or your dry lips. Also, I wish that this came in a double ended container instead of 2 seperate tubes... I never end up with both of them in my makeup bag at once.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 10:19:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I am completely jealous of those of you who claim they can see the improvements in the new formula. Like the old formula, every single shade of this lipstick turns a bright fuschia-orange on my lips. Darn! I so wanted this to work for me because they are so inexpensive, I love how smooth they feel going on, lasting power is decent, and I've found some colors I just adore (until they transform into yuckiness, that is). Too bad I bought several of these before I was convinced--I thought maybe I was just getting the wrong colors. I especially like the color called "warm brick". this made my lips look like a soft peachy rosebud. . .for about ten seconds before it turned scary on my. Never again will I trust Cover Girl lipsticks to try another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by superduty455

I bought six differnt shades of this lipstick on sale at Osco, and they are all wonderful. I had to return Iced Cappucino as it just did not look good with my skin tone. They are creamy, long lasting and they feel nice on the lips. So far, I would say forget paying big bucks for a lipstick. Why? Cover Girl has a good formula with these Continuous Color Lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happy that CG reformulated their lipsticks! They used to turn fucshia on me, every single color. So I was very hesitant about trying the new formula (blue tube), but finally I did, and yay! Now I have to say that I love them! No more changing colors, they stay true and are amazingly moisturizing. Plus, I find them to be quite long lasting. I have like 10 shades now. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to point out (respectfully) that I believe Ruca88 was reviewing a CG Outlast lipstick, NOT the new Continuous Color lipsticks.That said, I used to be a huge NON-fan of CG lipsticks -- every one of them turned fuschia on me, no matter what (I have pigmented lips, sure, but come on -- fuschia? Every time?).Go figure why I decided to try them again, once they reformulated, but I did, and I'm SO happy I did! These feel incredible on my lips -- very moisturizing -- and no matter what color I choose, NO FUSCHIA! YAY! I've had such trememdous luck with CG's new formula that I actually purchased every color that compliments my fair coloring (FFF), and I love every single one of them!I would never recommend unless I tried something for an extended period of time, and these truly proved themselves to be worthy of repurchasing! Major thumbs up to the brains over at CG! HTHS! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Ruca88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful.

I've never found a long-lasting lipstick that felt good on my lips but this one is just a teaser. When first applied, it feels great and much like a medium-weight lipgloss. However, after 30 minutes your lips start to feel cakey and applying the sheer top coat again doesn't help at all. It just breaks the color into even more tiny balls of...cake. It looks awful and I found myself being embarassed at work because once it became the mess that it was, i COULDNT GET IT OFF!

Nothing would wipe the dry, cakey lipstick crumbs from my lips and even after applying chapstick my lips felt disgusting and stuck together.

It wasn't exactly cheap either. I felt like I was buying a better quality product than most CG items because it was as expensive as a good drugstore brand. I was wrong.

Don't use this product. You're much better off buying a good quality lip gloss that you can continue applying through-out the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased cafe au lait because of some recs on another MU board. I put it on and I checked in natural light, it was frosty shimmery pink(not something I was looking for). The lipstick itself is shimmery beige taupe frost but once I put it on it turned this ugly shade of frosty peachy pink.
I know there were some problems with their old formulation and I had thought they fixed it, seems that some of you love the new formulation but I just can't get it to work for me. Too bad because these lipsticks are cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Got this in Rose Cashmere which is a very pretty medium pink shade (shimmery). CG has really struck gold with these new, much improved formulas now with vitamin E and i think, sunscreen too! Keep up the great work Cover Girl!!!