December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Colorama - Vampire Seduction

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

Vampire Seduction is a shimmery dark plum. I actually bought this years ago and I still have the nail polish. It used to be my favourite colour, until I got my hands on Chanel's Rouge Noir and recently, I thought I'd pick it up again and try and finish it off. It's a cheap nail polish so it really isn't very opaque on the first layer. The brush is quite fat and a little difficult to work with. I love the name though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was able to purchase this on sale for $1(USD)and I really love this color. I can't wear 'black' nail polish to the office, but this is nice for the days when I feel like showing a little goth streak. I think the quality is pretty good because I am notoriously hard on my nails. I am kind of skeptical about the glittery topcoats. I paired this color with the frosty pink and the clear glittery (#35) coat. It didn't look bad with the topcoat, and the color lasted about three days. I am anxious to try this with a clear topcoat to see the outcome! I like the smallish bottles because they are convient to toss in your purse or make up bag in a ziploc baggie. I never finish a bottle of nail polish and I have all kinds of brands that are half way finished laying around the house. I can't wait to try the other three colors I have purchased.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Of course, I was suckered by the name. This is cheap, as in very low quality. The color's fabulously gorgeous, but Essie and OPI also make virtually identical polishes for only a few dollars more, and with those you get the quality associated with the brands. Vampire Seduction went on blotchy, took forever to dry, and chipped within sixteen hours. The brush was fat and globby and squished out everywhere. Oh well. I got what I paid for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Vampire Seduction is a very, very dark wine-red colour. It's a bit too dark against my pale skin--once you have three coats on, it looks darker than it does in the bottle. I probably wouldn't put this on my fingernails again, but it might work on my toenails.

BTW, I bought this because I thought it looked like a match for the colour I had my toenails painted at my last pedicure (OPI's Berry Berry Broadway). It's not a perfect match, though--it's a couple of shades darker. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by actionsport

i also have vampire seduction, which looks great on my tan skin

i like these primarily for their price, color selection, and bottle size (i'm sick of throwing away half-full-or halfempty?- clotted nail polishes-- i'm not too much into their whole "layer a cheesy glittery top coat on top of our vast selection of colors" thing--
vampire seduction looks bloody (hence the name-- i love it when cosmetics' names actually relate to the color inside!)-- actually it looks like half-dried blood-- brownish deep red-- not really a vampy color-- rather than "hard-boiled" blood-- like "soft-boiled" blood, if the analogy to the egg-cooking method makes any sense