July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been alternating Honeynut with MAC VGV as my nude lip for a couple of years now. I would say that Honeynut might be slightly browner, with more of an overall golden sheen. I think it's quite a lovely shiny color on my slightly tanned Asian complexion, but there's nothing "Long Last" about it. Although it feels quite moisturizing immediately after application, it does tend to fade rather quickly, leaving a shimmery mauvey cast behind. I do like that there's not much of a discernible scent. I received my tube through a gift with purchase and although I think it's a decent nude, I can't say I would go out and repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by sarah1608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, deliciously creamy smooth formula. It glides on really well without sinking into lip lines. It is absolutely fragrance free. The pigmentation is really good too, only a little is needed to look good. An excellent buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I discovered Clinique lipsticks thanks to some GWPs for my sister's 3-step skincare. Before I never paid too much attention to Clinique makeup, it just seemed kind of clinical looking (with the green & silver packaging) and not all that interesting or high quality. I owned predominantly Chanel, MAC & Guerlain lipsticks, along with a few Revlon ones from the drugstore. The Clinique formula really wowed me from the moment I put it on - it applied smoothly and with rich color, without tugging or patchiness. It really applied like something more expensive, and I was sold - it didn't dry my lips like some MAC lipsticks, or had a weird waxy/lipstick-y taste like some other brands. Overall the following is what impressed me the most:

The formula - decently moist & has a good amount of slip to it, applied easily and was moisturizing (I did not feel the need for balm unless it wore off). LL lipstick did not accentuate flakes or lines in my lips. It was not the longest lasting lipstick out there, but for something so creamy, it lasted for an impressive amount of time (I applied in the morning before work, and reapplied after lunch - I had 2 cups of coffee, some fruit, and my lunch, along with a lot of water). It was also COMPLETELY taste- and fragrance-free, suitable even for those who hate scented lip products. I have not seen this lipstick cause problems for anyone either; no weird rashes or swelling of the lips, which is a plus.

The color range - although the core shades can be dubbed as "kind of boring," i.e. a lot of MLBB/natural shades, the shade selection is often flattering across a wide range of skin tones & ethnicities. There is also a little something for everyone - MLBB/naturals, pinks, corals, browns/bronze/gold/tawnies, purples/plums/currants/wines, reds, and a few vampy shades - in both creamy & shimmery finishes. I could probably list at least 5 or 6 that I enjoyed wearing and most people will probably at least find one shade they love.

The packaging - the GWP packaging kind of looks cheap & clinical (green plastic with silver band), but the standard packaging is sleek, compact, classy and surprisingly hefty. I love the "metal" design, and the cases didn't discolor or look too banged up with repeated use. The caps never came loose nor did the packaging ever die on me. It's not a Rouge G or Rouge Coco but for under $20 CDN, I didn't expect much and the casing is surprisingly high-end for a mid-range lipstick.

The price point - with drugstore lipsticks getting more and more expensive, I don't think this is particularly expensive, at under $20 CDN. With a widely nuanced, beautiful color range and excellent quality, this lipstick certainly is a great value.

That being said, although this is an all-around great lip formula, there were a couple things that annoyed me that I have deducted 1 lippy off the total for. First off, since the lipstick was so soft, sometimes the bullet "tilts" to one side and gets scraped up on the sides of the container, or breaks off entirely (happened only once though). Secondly, some shades do bleed and feather a little, so it may need a lip liner to go with it. All in all, though, I still consider this a great line of lipsticks, suitable for working professionals (due to the wide range of office-appropriate shades available) as well as younger women (due to the range that offers a great way to experiment with reds, vampy colors, bright pinks/corals without aging).

For your reference, I am NW20/NC15-20 ish with black hair and brown eyes, and I love: All Heart, Paprika, Golden Brandy, Beauty and Ginger Flower continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's awesome, moisturizing, I love the plums, burgandy, glam reds, and wines, it lasts longer as the nude shades wear off in a half an hour or an hour. This is very hypoallergenic from Clinique company and it doesn't stain your lips. I rate this top quality of thetop 5 makeup brands in history

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

I've had these lipsticks for a while (thank you GWP's!) but I've only really been testing lipsticks out recently, so I now have a standard for comparison.

Texture-wise, this lipstick is amazing - I've been wearing the shade Beauty, a slightly darker and pinker MLBB shade (I'm NC25) all day. The texture is truly like butter - soft and smooth, with a ton of slip. However, it is exactly that slip that makes it problematic. I have normal to dry skin and I feel like the lipstick is prone to melt right off of my lips - I'm wary of even smacking my lips too vigorously, lest the lipstick travel outside my natural lipline.

The upside is that this lipstick is actually quite moisturizing, and can definitely replace a lip balm or glass for that purpose in a pinch.

Overall, if you're looking for a lipstick that is comfortable, wearable, and comes in many great shades, Clinique's Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick is a great bet. But if long wear is the name of the game, you'd best look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

These are great! I have Beauty and Honeynut. Beauty is a warm medium pink with gold shimmer. Honeynut is a shimmery bronze MLBB shade. I love the shimmer in these shades, the way they glide on, stay on, and feel great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by ARiggs

I love this odorless lipstick. The only downside is it doesn't stay on long. I will keep buying though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by nikki16

This has become my regular lip colour, I Love it soo much! I have it in the colour "soft bloom" which is like a dusty pink colour. It feels so nice on my lips and unlike a lot of longlasting lip colours, it does not dry them out, I actually found it moisturising. It lasts for a long time, I had it one for a good 6hours without it fading, though some of the creamy texture wore away, the colour was still there though.
I will deffinatly buy it again once I run out, it's very nice. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ladylike

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick!!! It is absolutely the best. It has no odor or taste when you apply it and it lasts for a long time without gomming up in the corner of your mouth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE Dec 2009: As a sensitive skinned person, I've had to throw away any products with petrochemicals in them

I'm a fair-skinned redhead so I can wear yellow-reds not blue-reds. This is a perfect bright red for daytime or nighttime. It's long wearing and looks great with the quickliner in deep red. Redheads should have this in their arsenal at all times IMHO