December 21, 2014 | 1631 users online

Cleansers - Marcelle - Hydra-C ComplexE Gentle Self-Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Honeybee3

I was really hoping to like this product(especially having just returned a No7 cream that was so heavily scented I could only tolerate 5 minutes with it on my face)...however it is not for me either!! I bought this with the recommendation of the cosmetic rep's advise at my local drugstore because I have super sensitive skin and this was the "best product for me"!! I bought the gift set...a pretty little bag with the foaming face wash, scrub, moisturizer and eye moisturizer...well I am keeping the bag, but tossing the rest!!
I have "normal"/combination/sensitive skin...lucky me...well this product started of ok...but I think it knew when the return policy was up because every time I used it...usually just once a day...a busy mom with 4 kids...and 2 of them under 2, so once is all I get to pamper myself!! Anyhow...after I have my fifteen minutes alone in the bathroom to use my pretty little face care system...I am upset to discover that my face burns...feels dry and is super oily(how can that be?) and I am now breaking out bad...all over my face...very painful white pimples and blackheads...I thought I was cleaning my face!!!
So I am convinced that's it's just me being picky... so I take a break and just use water for a couple of days...everything goes back to normal...so I take out my pretty little package again...nope still burns...I ignore it...go to bed and wake up in the morning with...yes you've guessed it...a face full of painful pimples again!!!
Sooo disappointed!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is average at best. I was really debating between giving this a 2 or 3 so we will say I really rate it as a 2.5/ For ref I have slightly sensitive combo skin. This does a decent job of a basic cleanser - doesn't irritate skin and doesn't over strip it, but don't count on it for any kind of makeup remover.

Pros: love the packaging, love the foam and love that it rinses clean, with no residue. It doesn't irritate skin.

Cons: very poor job at removing makeup. Now if you use something else to remove make up and this as your second cleanse you will be fine. If you don't wear makeup, you will probably be fine. If you do and you are counting on this to remove it, buy something else to help remove the traces of makeup because this product will not cut it alone. I'm not talking removing waterproof makeup pr any kind of special long wearing stuff, it doesn't seem capable of removing regular makeup properly either. It's also a bit pricey as drugstore cleansers go. I definitely think there are comparable and even superior products and the same price or less.

In short -do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin that can break out if you look at it the wrong way, this cleanser did its job in that it did not leave my face feeling dry or leave a film behind, I liked the fact it foamed up nicely and was unscented. It's easy to find and readily available at SDM. It is a pump dispenser with a tight fitting lid, so it is great for travel, not cheap, but at $15 not at the high end either. The issue I had was the fact that I had to use 3-4 pumps to get all of my makeup off! Needless to say the supply ran out fast! I would definatley repurchase as a back up cleanser, but I still prefer Shishedo extra gentle cleanser, it costs more, but lasts me about 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by mbrow222

This is my all time favorite makeup remover/cleanser. At night I use it and it takes everything off. I also use it in the morning for a cleanser, and it never leaves my face feeling dry. I have went through several bottles of this stuff (it lasts me for around 6 months), and I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 More reviews by fwoo

I received a sample of this and didn't use it for a while but using my normal face cleanser (shisedo white lucent) twice a day felt like too much so i whipped this out for morning use. So glad i did because its really gentle and for just taking off my night cream/eye cream, its perfect. Not washing my face in the mornings gave me some bumps, this is great if you don't want to overdo with the cleansing. I don;t have acne-prone skin though so i don't know how it'll work for that but my sister uses this too ( she gets pimples once in a while) and she hasn't gotten any breakouts. I didn't realize you couldn't put it in the eye area until recently, but honestly, i think its gentle enough that you can. Price was okay and the packaging is super, love the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foam cleanser is gentle and creamy feeling. I love that it is fragrance free and the pump is so handy! I only need one pump and it is enough for my face and neck. It doesn't dry out my skin and it makes my skin feel so silky!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by LoniEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this water-soluble cleanser, the foam feels almost silky! It washes off all my make-up including mascara easily and my skin feels clean and hydrated, not dry at all. I have tried other water-soluble cleansers including Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (dried out my skin) and Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Sensitive (less drying than Neutrogena, but my face felt slightly tight and uncomfortable). I also love the packaging, so cute! I highly recommend this cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Farheen

this is a nice gentle cleanser....esp if you have sensitive skin. as with all marcelle products its hypo-allergenic so you dont have to worry about it breaking you out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by my3kitties

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this in place of my beloved Aquarelle cleanser that was discontinued. My face feels slightly tight after washing with it whereas with the Aquarelle it didn't at all. But it is winter here right now, I'm sure this would be great in the summer. Love that it's fragrance-free and the pump dispenser is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by 53

Great! Gently cleanses off foundation & most eye makeup. Doesn't leave skin tight & dry. Keeps away the pimples! Love the light foam. I also use the HydraC eye gel & LOVE IT!