October 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Scrubs - Marcelle - Hydra-C ComplexE Facial Exfoliating Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Takes off makeup and cleanses all in one. Surface exfoliants aren't suppose to help with acne or anything so this doesn't do that but it does give you that clean feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am cursed with oily AND Sensitive skin and wanted somethng gentle enough to exfoliate with out leaving my skin red and tender and this did the trick. This is not a lathery or foamy exfoliator, and a liitle goes a long way.

I use it twice a week before bed, and my skin feels soft with no stinging or irritation.

Be gentle when you squeeze the tube, it is quite liquidy and alot could leak out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by libbylou972

I really like this product which surprises me since when I exfoliate I generally like a more gritty texture. While this is very gentle it leaves my skin so soft. My favourite part about it is that it seems to make my skin brighter and more refreshed after I use it. Whenever I feel like I am having a dull skin day I use this and it does the trick. Maybe it's that vitamin C at work!

As other reviewers have mentioned the packaging could be improved as it is so runny. I always end up getting much more than I need which is frustrating since it's not the cheapest product. I'll continue to buy it because I love it so much but it would be so much nicer if it was in a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I typically like Marcelle when I'm looking for something a little bit less expensive, but still want to go with a derm quality brand/product. However, I did not like this exfoliator at all. I found it didn't really do anything. Like it was reaaaaally gentle. I know some people like that, but personally, when I exfoliate I like to feel that grime coming off and notice a difference in my skin texture afterwards. This just didn't cut it. If you're looking for an exfoliator for sensitive skin but want something a teensy bit more "scrubby" then go with the La Roche Posay scrub. Its amazing and effective and just a couple $ more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

this is a really good exfoliator for sensitive skin. It is very gentle and every time i use it it seems to really reduce the appearance of my blackheads. I think it makes my face look brighter and fresher too. I don't know what it is. I also like that it does not irritate or break my skin out. I will probably re buy when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cbinteg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After months of trying different cleansers and scrubs, my skin was stressed and everything made me breakout. Then I found Marcelle's exfoliating gel and my skin has never been better plus I've used it ever since without any problems. I agree that for the price that you pay the amount is quite small and because it's a little runny often times I end up squeezing more out of the tube than I needed (it should be a pump rather than a squeeze bottle due to the consistency), but aside from that it's great! The beads are very gentle, enough that I use it everyday and my skin doesn't react to it. Plus I really like that it's fragrance free! I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over again and hopefully Marcelle never discontinues this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a month now and I love it! It's a very gentle scrub, yet it gets the job done well. No irritation and redness at all after using it. I have acne prone skin and this has managed to smooth everything out a whole lot. But be careful not to overdo it as it can be a bit drying. I use it once or twice a week and this isn't much of a problem. Another plus is that there is no perfumey fragrance to deal with and it contains vitamin C and E. Its fairly expensive for drugstore, but it got it on sale from SDM for about CAD $10. Be cautious when opening though, the product can be a bit runny and it leaks out from the tube a bit. I will most certainly be buying this again and recommend to anyone looking for a gentle scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by desi87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim a few weeks ago and am liking it so far. Prior to this I was using a St. Ives warming scrub, which made my skin feel pretty soft and smooth, but I was worried it was too irritating. (I always used to sneeze after applying it.)

Going from the St. Ives to Marcelle was kind of an adjustment. The St. Ives is sort of heavy and creamy and rough while this scrub's consistency is smooth and runny with little sand-like granules. It just feel like lighter and healthier, for lack of a better word.

I use it a couple times a week in the shower after washing off my Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Will update in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Started using this about a month ago and so far I love it. I use it twice a week in the morning in place of my regular cleanser. I chemically exfoliate with Paulas Choice 2% BHA, but I wanted a manual scrub as well to use a couple times a week and this one is perfect. It is a very gentle scrub, and that is a good thing. Too many people seem to think that scrubbing hard is better, but that can be too irritating for the skin and can actually damage it. This scrub leaves my skin very soft, doesn't dry it out and gently scrubs away minor imperfections. My only complaint is the tube it comes in is kinda flimsy and product tends to leak out of it. Other than that, if you are looking to add a gentle scrub to your skin routine I definately recommend this for oily/acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is probably best for dry skin types and skin that is not reactive to vitamin c. I found this very irratating and made me break out alot. Definately woundnt repurchase