October 22, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Theraputic Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by amyyy27

Love this hand lotion! The backs of my hands have been very dry and "old" looking for a few years. I'll use a hand lotion and its better for a few hours, but nothing great. While this stuff is a little thick and is better for a night time treatment, the results are miraculous!! I'll never use anything else. At least 10 years have been taken off my hands. They don't itch from dryness anymore either. And if I forget to use it for a few nights, the results stay. Even my sister commented on how young my hands look and now she is using this with the same results. I'd pay 10x the price for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dangyebbie

I'm very discriminating with my cosmetics because of my desire to be green and healthy, so it's been quite a challenge to find an effective cream for my eczema-prone hands that doesn't have petroleum, paraffin, or mineral oil. This is the only hand cream I've been able to locate so far that is thick enough to protect my hands from a flareup. Per my dermatologist's advice, I need to apply hand cream every time I wash my hands.

This moisturizes intensively but isn't really greasy or slippery. It's better than Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Cream, which is more akin to Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Formula in that it's glycerin based and oil free. Chapped, parched skin really needs emollients like oils and waxes. Cetaphil uses shea butter, which seals in moisture without leaving a heavy feeling. I appreciate that this product is unscented; I'd really rather not eat (or even smell) perfume when I touch food. I just wish that it didn't have paraben (a hormone disruptor) (and that Cetaphil's other creams and lotions didn't contain it or petroleum products), but I'm willing to overlook that fact because this is such an excellent cream. I would buy this by the case!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mxyplyzyk

The only non-greasy hand cream I've found to be the absolute best. Since its so hard to find on the shelf, I order in bulk and keep a tube in my nightstand, bathroom counter and cabinet so I never am without. I'm such an advocate i keep an extra tube bc i tend to give it away to my friends and family!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by pixiegirl23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product if hard to find in the drugstores and I haven't seen it ever in a store. I swiped this from someone else and have been using it since. It has shea butter in it so it works pretty well. It doesn't smell the best but it really does the job of keeping your skin moisturized. I do use a lot of the lotion though, but maybe my hands are super dry. This works really well on really dry areas like the feet, knees, and elbows.

But the best of the best has to l'occitane shea butter hand cream. But this cetaphil is a much cheaper version. It doesn't feel as greasy as l'occitane's.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ophelianyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewers said, feels waxy and smells waxy. Softens hands like any other hand cream. Nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

It is absolutely not greasy, more of a waxy feeling. It absorbs in well, and you do not have to reapply often. However, I don't care for the smell, the smell reminds me of Halloween makeup, the cheap wax crayons....

I don't like this enough to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Okay hand cream, makes my skin softer kind of, and is easy to apply, because it is very creamy. It is quite expensive though, and I prefer the eucrin hand cream instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ceelee03

This is one of the best hand creams I have ever tried. No strong scent, actually has no scent at all. Not too greasy. Works very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by selesticow

This is what I consider a very gentle, non-offensive product, but not at all what I was looking for in a hand cream. I need something thick with staying power or my knuckles get cracked very quickly in the dry desert air, and I would find myself constantly reapplying the cream.

Tube is ugly but very practical, and it is affordable like all Cetaphil products. It also sinks in very quickly and does not leave grease whatsoever. Unfortunately, just doesn't feel moisturizing enough for me, so I've moved on to L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream, which I LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ambieof2001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Didnt care for this at all, and I am a lover of Cetaphil products. It was not at all moisturizing and left a strange film on my hands. It was WAY to expenseive for what is was and to be so small. Will not repurchase.