July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge Absolu Creme - Rose Petale

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I came across this lipstick after trying on a bunch of others at Ulta...I had just bought a peach colored blouse and my usual pink lipstick didn't look good with it. I saw lots of shades of peach lipstick that identically matched the color of my blouse and It would have been nice if straight up peach worked for my coloring but it doesn't--at all. So, with my husband next to me as a second opinion, I tried on a bunch of Lancome shades and this color, we agreed, looked good with my blouse...on me it's a neutral rosy peach color. I am fine with the color and bought it because I was in the rush but I wouldn't buy this particular lipstick again because of the texture. I don't like natural feeling lipsticks. This is very moisterizing and when it's on, all I feel is soft lips, so I always feel like I'm checking to see if I even have color on my lips. I like it when lipsticks feel saturated in color and I can 'feel' that it's on. so, in the future, I will take more time and find a lipstick that is good in color and texture. For those who like a lip balm type of texture and don't mind reapplying often, then this is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very similar to Exotic Orchid in the same line, but more neutral. Well pigmented, so it tends to provide a polished, professional look. Apply lightly if you prefer a more natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by bonbon58

I usually only use lip balm/tinted lip balm, but got this as a sample and was really surprised to find my perfect match without even trying. The color is very natural and makes me look healthier (lol). It needs to be layered on top of a lip balm because it can be drying sometimes, but I think you need to do that for all lipsticks anyway. The smell is meh, but you'll forget about it once you put it on. Overall great color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

I LOVE this color! It's a bright coral/pink with a tiny hint of gold shimmer, and it really lights up my face and makes my hazel eyes pop. Great wake-me-up color. Wish it didn't smell like an old lady, but I guess you can't have everything. UPDATE: I had to drop a lippie for the scent, it's just so overpowering!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very AMAZING! product i just bought it on a a whim and i am glad i did. its such a beautiful color and isnt drying at all once i run out im going out to buy more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this lippie! The perfect warm mauve-rose shade for me! Rosier than my natural lipcolor, but not loud or garish at all. I also love the perfect glossy sheen of the formulation; it moisturizes my lips and does the job of a lipstick + lipgloss all in one. Perfection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I like this lipstick more so because it's very moisturizing, a nice change from the matte lipsticks that I like to wear a lot. The color on me is more of an orange red than rose red and since I have yellow undertones, it works. I like to keep this in my purse for a swatch of color that is less than a bold lipstick and more than a nude gloss, just a slight hint of color. If you are shy about trying reds and have yellow undertones, try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ncjames03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this lipstick, both the forumla and the shade! I would describe it as a bright rosy pink with a satin finish (not matte, not glossy). This shade brightens up my whole face! I took one lippie off for the formula - it's really moisturizing at first, but then kind of dries out. It's very long-lasting though, and almost has a staining effect. Also, the packaging is really cool! I would definitely buy this again, should I run out. For your reference, I am NC15-20 with dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I hit the makeup counters after a girly brunch, and can only blame the Bloody Marys for my lack of judgement on this one. On me, Rose Petale is a bright coral rose--verging on garish--completely loud and inappropriate for my coloring. I can't dock it a lippy for the color as that is my own fault, but I am taking off a lippy for the formula--it feels light and wonderful on but is slightly oily feeling and thus slides outside of my lips if I don't use a liner. Love the packaging--interesting looking tube with a metallic, almost hematite finish. I'd buy this formula again perhaps, but not in this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I got the new formula of this. Its defintely a pink red colour, which is a good colour for me, because it makes my green eyes pop out.