October 25, 2014 | 1783 users online

Blush - MAC - Trace Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I actually struggle to describe Trace Gold; is it a blush, highlighter or bronzer? To me, it's a combination of all three, and I really enjoy using it. In the pan it looks like a brown with plenty of gold shimmer. Applied on my NC20-25 skintone, it turns into a sheer bronze with the gold shimmer being very evident. However it's not super-shimmery - the gold acts like a glow, catching the light at certain angles. The gold really warms up my face, and there is no hint of orange to it at all. The pigmentation is good - I do have to build it up slightly to achieve the intensity I want, but this for me is a good thing, as it ensures I won't be over-zealous with my blush application. Other blushes look lovely over the top, and sometimes I just use this instead on my normal highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones for a very understated, highlighted look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by serpendity

Trace gold is something that i would have probably never given a second look to at the mac store. It looks pretty bland and yellowish brown in the pan. But I saw this being used by someone with a similar skintone as mine, and I was bowled over and immediately brought it!

The color is nothing like what it looks in the pan. It is a beautiful muted gold color that is perfect as a highlighter on my NC 42 skin. I sweep it over my blush (gingerly, Springsheen or well dressed) on the cheekbones and the high points of my face. The gold transforms into a subtle glow on my face and it never looks overdone. I can literally never put too much of this product as being a sheertone blush it is easily buildable and very convenient to use.

The best thing is that it doesn't have any chunky or visible shimmer, so i can use it both in the day and at night. All it does is give a healthy glow to my face. Ever since I've begun using trace gold I have gotten so many compliments about my skin looking healthy and glowy.

Love love love it and will surely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hmm, I'll have to disagree with the majority here-this didn't work for me. I didn't really see how this is suppose to be a blush. It would make a lovely eyeshadow (but I own many similar shades like this for that) or a beautiful highlight on colored women. I personally prefer silver, pearlescent highlights like CC shell/benefit high beam so passed on this use as well. I could imagine this to work as a bronzer for super fair skin or possibly as adding color oVer blushes on again lighter skintones. I'm NC20 and this just didn't give me the warmth or fulfill the blush purpose I bought it for. Luckily it was put to good use through a swap so no losses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another score from MAC! I am pretty much addicted to MAC blushes...prior to trying one, I had never worn blush before. I wouldn't really ever consider wearing Trace Gold alone,just because it is SOO sheer. I wouldn't even use it as a highlighter unless I really packed it on or something. I used this in conjunction with MAC's blush in "Harmony" and it is absolutely one of the most beautiful combinations I have tried yet. I am an NC35 and it brought a gorgeous sort of warmth to my face and gave me a really sexy yet natural glow. It blends really well over my other blush and becomes a gorgeous, smooth color. This is definitely one of my new favorite products!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haha, the 'if you lost or ran out' part of the writing this review makes me laugh as I actually DID lose this...and after only a couple uses. Still hasn't turned up and that's been forever ago, but when I logged on here for the first time in over a year and saw that I hadn't reviewed this product that I bought from even longer before that, I knew I should give it some love. It's a beautiful sheer gold, sort of bronze, but has these beautiful fine golden shimmers. I loved it after seeing it on some blogger's site and loved it more in person. I remember it having pretty decent lasting power for something so sheer, and looking perfect for summer. Seriously, perfect. But, to be honest, it is sort of a novelty purchase in my mind. I don't usually wear bronzer, though I'm a blush fiend, and although this is sort of meant to be one of those colors to replace blush in the summer, it definitely doesn't. Which isn't a problem, but it is another product to buy if you're on a budget. Also, if you're a bronzer girl/guy it won't really replace that and will probably seem even more unnecessary, because it isn't pigmented enough to be a bronzer virtually even the palest skin tones (and by that I mean something that really gives your skin some color, but then also does not paint you orange) but it would look a little too shimmery to be concentrated on the cheekbones as a highlighter. Regardless, if you have some room in your budget and want something to use with your bronzer or blush to give you a glow consider this a suitor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I first put this blush on my NC30 skin, it was a lovely subtle shimmery bronze glow. However, as the day went on, it started to change into a more reddish and ruddy hue on my cheek. What a shame! Hopefully I can still use this as an eyeshadow, but otherwise this was a waste of money. I keep having bad luck with Mac blushes lately, I think its about time I move on to another brand.EDIT: I have since tried this a a bronzer and it looks great, gives my skin a really nice glow! Added 3 lippies. Still cant use it as a blush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this color in my MAC blush collection lol and I love it!!! So shimmery and sparkly which is a go to for me in blushes...I use it over other MAC blushes and it works great!!! Will always buy as a staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not a colour I ever would have picked out for myself. Being pale, I've always been scared of bronze/gold tones that I thought would look harsh, orange-y or otherwise 'fake' on my skin. Thank god for the MAC MUA who convinced me to try trace gold! The colour is so flattering, it really warms up my face and brings out my eyes. Not orange, harsh or unnatural looking in the slightest. If you have a fair + warm complexion like me, give this blush a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by encibenci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE Trace Gold. I border the fair/medium line quite a bit and I purchased this looking for a very soft, natural looking bronzer. This fits the bill perfectly. Let me tell you, it's absolutely gorgeous. I pair this with Hush as a highlighter and the two products together make my skin glow. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ohthatskatherine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush. I'm around NW25 right now and it's perfect. I love the glow it gives my cheeks with a slight bit of tint. This product really brings light to the face in a very summery/natural way. Absolutely love it.