August 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a firm nope for me. I found it wasn't really doing a whole bunch for me which was disappointing because when you put it on a pimple it stings a bit, making you feel like its actually doing something. I would wake up in the morning and my pimples would be no different. Maaaaaybe the redness came down a little but nothing overly noticeable. The real fun came about a week later when i got probably the biggest cystic pimple of my life on my chin. I've had cystic pimples here and there before but nothing like this monster. And i knew it was from this gel because it was right where i was using it the most. Another one, not quite as large appeared on my cheek a couple days later too so i have stopped using it. Threw it in the garbage and still on the hunt for a good spot gel unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by alex9andra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got acnea at 26 and tried a lot of stuff anti acne, but far away this was the best. Dries and reduces the red spots faster than other products. I wanted to try a new one from Clean and Clear but now I regret, because Iīm out of this gel from Neutrogena and canīt find it: Itīs not getting you of acne, but helps when you get a pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by erana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using the Rapid Clear products for years and love them! I am over 60 and will still get an occasional bump...nothing works better than the gel to reduce them quickly and get rid of the redness. I have also started using the Pore Refining Toner with alpha and beta hydroxyl...will not be without this product either. I sure hope Neutrogena doesn't discontinue these products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lftyexo14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so in my best opinion, this acne treatment isn't all that good. On the bright side, it did help the swelling & redness, but the 8 hours it's supposed to work & peeling skin didn't help out at all. I've barely had it for 3 days, and that's not a good thing. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again. Maybe if I give it few more days, it'd be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

I barely get pimples so when i do get one, i freak out. i bought this hoping it could help but it did the opposite - it made things worse and gave me more pimples.

the irony

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Works wonderfully, although I am not sure about in 8 hours. I had a large pimple that I have been trying to get rid of for days and with 2 applications of this product, thank God, is now finally gone!! So far, this gel has not dried my already dry skin out, and in certain spots I use quite a bit over a large area. Finally something that actually works!! RECOMMEND!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by meowlol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, this product does help with swelling and redness even though it takes a whole lot longer than 8 hours. Sadly, though, it dries out my skin like nobodies business! Lotion usually helps when that happens so it isn't too big of a problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works pretty well for the amount the price of about $8-9.It soothes the soreness of the pimple and the itching that comes with it. It does not dry out my skin and I usually combine this product with tea tree oil so my pimple can heal faster.

The only downside is if I use this product in the morning and apply make up after (especially foundations/concealers), it makes my make up all clumpy and the product peels. I only use this product at night time because of this. The product does go on clear.

Would recommend, but only as a night treatment! Still on the search for an amazing spot treatment :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by haylee438

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Long story short, I was very disappointed with this product.
I paid $8.00 for it at wal-mart (It is 15mL, or 0.5 FL OZ for Americans) and let's just say it was not worth my 8 bucks at all. This product states to reduce pimple redness and swelling. Well, I guess it kind of reduced swelling, but it made my pimples even MORE red, and completely dried them up. So I basically walked around with dry, red spots on my face.. lovely picture, I know. Not only did it do that, but it caused me to breakout even more. I would not recommend this product to any of my friends, and I most definitely won't be purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have constant acne on my forehead, by my eyebrows (ack!), on my chin -- everywhere! I started getting into the habit of using a face wash, and it cleared me up. However, every one in a while I'd get one or two pimples, so I went to the store and bought this product along with Persa-gel 10. I used persa-gel more often because it had more product at that time, but now I used it because it works better. I put it on at night, and in the morning the pimples I had are basically gone. This works too, but it takes a longer time to really work. I love both products though. <3