Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

Avene is a very reliable brand , I have a sensitive dry skin with some acne & this mask is very good for me. I leave it overnight and my skin feel very moisturised on the morning.

Got it as a sample, reduce redness in my face (probably because it contains steraic acid). But wouldnt buy it due to the irritating ingredients (perfume and acid).

While this is a nice mask, I really do not see any benefits to my skin from using this regularly. Although my skin is dry on my cheeks and undereye area (and oily on my nose and chin) I have not seen a difference in hydration after using this a few times. I am tempted to use this as a thick moisturizer as I believe some other reviewers have done, as I might see some better results this way.

I like the pleasant, light scent, and I like the tube packaging, but it is just not worth buying a full size. I was not wowed by the results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I have combination skin (oily around my nose and dry on my forehead). a friend gave me half her tube and i loved it! i apply it like regular face lotion and leave it on for the day or night. its great for a once a week moisture boost. it's a little pricy in Canada but im in paris now and picked up a few (its around $10 for a 75ml tube). Apparently it is supposed to be used with the thermal spray to remove it but I just soak a towel in hot water and rub it off gently.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing, and I don't know why some people are hating on it. After I went to the beach, a lot of rashes appeared on my face so I bought this mask and used it on the same night. After that night, my face immediately got better and almost all the rashes gone away. This is a perfect choice for anyone with a sensitive skin, or even oily-normal skin like mine. I use this about 1-2 times a week.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mask is great for me! Actually, it's perfect for me! Since I sometimes have rashes and acne on my face, and I also have sensitive skin on some days (isn't that just weird). I found this mask and used it on the night I had rashes all over my face after I went to the beach. The next

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yum! Love the clean, light scent and the super soft skin this gives me. I have very sensitive combo skin that is very dehydrated on the cheeks. My skin is water sensitive, gets dry and red skin with tiny red dots after shower, so i always use this after and my skin loves it! I would not recommend this over night because it's so rich but half an hour to 1 hour maybe 2-3 times a week is perfect.

You can also do a short treatment if your skin is really dehydrated and stressed and use it 3-4 days in a row (half an hour or maybe 1 hour each day).

The trick to get the best out of this mask is to take one thin layer, wait and then take one more layer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it!! My skin is dry and super duper sensitive (even allergic to water). Tried this for the first time and really love it. It gave my face more hydrated and my face feels really soft after whipping it off. Nice smell as well. A bit greasy though but I don't mind cos I use it in the evening.

I think it's good for a dry skin, not really recommend for oily skin though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a dry, super sensitive skin with some acne. After using Triacneal for my pimples, my face burned and stayed red for a couple of days. Then I remembered I had this Soothing Mask and applied it one night. The next morning I woke up with a less red face; it seemed to have soothed my skin. However, I found three new whiteheads on my face that I did not have the night before... So it is a fine product but I personally would not buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love love love this stuff. I get red, raw, aggravated cheeks in the winter...and this has been a life saver. I apply a pea sized amount morning, and night. My skin soaks this up, and I do not wash it off. My skin feels truly moisturizerized, and incredibly soft. It also noticeably calms down the inflamed spots I get on my cheeks with the colder weather. It also makes a nice smooth base for my makeup. While I have dry skin, most rich moisturizers will make me break out... but this does not. I find it a little pricey, but shoppers drug mart has periodic sales for 20% off. Regardless, this is my go to moisturizer, and I will never be without it.

Popular Masks