Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yum! Love the clean, light scent and the super soft skin this gives me. I have very sensitive combo skin that is very dehydrated on the cheeks. My skin is water sensitive, gets dry and red skin with tiny red dots after shower, so i always use this after and my skin loves it! I would not recommend this over night because it's so rich but half an hour to 1 hour maybe 2-3 times a week is perfect.

You can also do a short treatment if your skin is really dehydrated and stressed and use it 3-4 days in a row (half an hour or maybe 1 hour each day).

The trick to get the best out of this mask is to take one thin layer, wait and then take one more layer!

on 5/4/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it!! My skin is dry and super duper sensitive (even allergic to water). Tried this for the first time and really love it. It gave my face more hydrated and my face feels really soft after whipping it off. Nice smell as well. A bit greasy though but I don't mind cos I use it in the evening.

I think it's good for a dry skin, not really recommend for oily skin though.

on 12/6/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a dry, super sensitive skin with some acne. After using Triacneal for my pimples, my face burned and stayed red for a couple of days. Then I remembered I had this Soothing Mask and applied it one night. The next morning I woke up with a less red face; it seemed to have soothed my skin. However, I found three new whiteheads on my face that I did not have the night before... So it is a fine product but I personally would not buy it again.

on 12/4/2014 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love love love this stuff. I get red, raw, aggravated cheeks in the winter...and this has been a life saver. I apply a pea sized amount morning, and night. My skin soaks this up, and I do not wash it off. My skin feels truly moisturizerized, and incredibly soft. It also noticeably calms down the inflamed spots I get on my cheeks with the colder weather. It also makes a nice smooth base for my makeup. While I have dry skin, most rich moisturizers will make me break out... but this does not. I find it a little pricey, but shoppers drug mart has periodic sales for 20% off. Regardless, this is my go to moisturizer, and I will never be without it.

on 11/15/2014 2:34:00 AM

I started using this mask a few years ago when my skin first broke out in eczema and dermatitis. It was a really low point in my life and ultimately, the Avene line saved my skin. This product was one of the heroes for my skin and that was when I changed everything in my skin care routine to Avene. Over time, I began feeling the emptier pockets as the products aren't cheap by any means. So I started experimenting and introducing other less expensive products into my routine and phasing out some Avene products including this one. Recently I tried a Freeman's face mask (a favourite from my teen years) and surprisingly, I had the worst allergic reaction to it which broke me out in hives all over my face. The allergy led to a couple patches of eczema near my eye area which I had to get a prescription for. The hydrocortisone cream left my skin really dry and that is when I decided to grab this again. As soon as I put it on my face I remembered why I loved it so much back then. This mask brought moisture back to my face and calmed it down. The redness is almost completely gone and it has truly saved my skin once again. This is definitely a HG product for me along with their soapless gel cleanser and skin recovery cream. I will never stop buying this as it is one of those SOS products!

on 7/11/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok this does work of in small, but very regular doses. First off you get a small amount of product and you pay huge amounts of money. That is not okay. The smell is typical Avene and I happen to like it very much, others do not agree but at least it is natural and non chemical.
I'm not totally sure that I would repurchase as it is super expensive and I feel like Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense can be used as a mask and a cream

on 5/9/2014 7:05:00 PM

This is a great emergency mask but used for longer periods makes my pores visible and cloggs them. Good product after too much sun on the beach...

on 4/12/2014 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this mask after feeling that I needed to treat my skin to more moisture! I applied a thin layer of it on my face after cleansing and a few minutes after application my skin had this very tight uncomfortable feeling. I hated it and was already regretting my purchase. How can a mask that is supposed to be moisturizing make my skin feel so tight and dry? Being so annoyed that I had wasted my money I decided I might as well make the most out of it and slathered on another layer of the product and instantly my skin was receiving the benefits of this mask!

My skin completely transformed! All the redness disappeared, my skin tone appeared more even and most importantly my skin looked plump! I love this mask and use it almost daily. When I use it at night I wait for my skin to absorb all of it, use my usual night cream on top and when I wake up I have amazing plump and evenly toned skin! I never use it on its on. I don't bother washing it off, on dryer days and when my skin needs more tlc I put it on after my shower while I brush my teeth and moisturize my body and after my skin has absorbed most of it I carry on with my usual routine of serum, sunscreen and moisturizer. I use it in the mornings when I feel that my skin is a little dry from my retinol-A night time routine before I shower. I love this mask my perfect pick me up!

on 3/31/2014 12:25:00 PM

t has a creamy light texture that goes on smoothly. I usually never wear it for just 15 minutes, I'll put it on my face at night after cleansing, let it sink for a few minutes, then follow with another layer and leave it on as an overnight sleeping mask, it just gives me the most amazing plumped glow when I wake up. It's such a nice product to just wipe away with a tissue and throw away.

It is also great to soothe the skin after you waxed your upper lip or after plucking the eyebrows. It is a nice eye shooting mask, I tend to wear it around my eyes when the're feeling tired and sore, it's so revitalizing! I usually use it to draw some panda eyes on my face and go to sleep, my eyes always look fresher and nicer in the morning. If you're looking for a good mask for oily skin, really do consider this one as it's non-comedogenic.
That being said, this is really my all time favorite hydrating mask and although I have 10 more identical products on my stash I always go back to this one as I feel its the one that quenches my dehydrated skin the most.

on 3/16/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This feels cooling and soothing when you apply it, but my skin is dry to very dry and it does not give enough moisture to my skin. I apply it at night before I go to bed and let it sink in for a while, in the morning my skin isn't really improved or less dry because I would still have some flaky patches. Nice mask, neutral scent, no irritation, cooling and soothing feeling, but not suitable for very dry skin, I really need something heavier!

Popular Masks