September 2, 2014 | 1450 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Fig Lip Shimmer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Burt's Bees lip balm and this is that with colour - sold!
The best part about the original lip balm is the long last and the minty tingle. I have used and loved more natural balms but find they just don't last. So, when I want last, I'll hit the old fashioned kind of balm.
This is just like the original Burt's Bees yellow balm but with a warm, brownish red colour. A warm wine. Me only better. No shimmer. Definitely a near match for Clinique's Black Honey; I find this more moisturizing and of course, cheaper.
When I am going low key and still want some lip colour, this is my go to. It makes me look done without looking like I tried.
Fig is fairly inexpensive, I've paid more for less.
The only con, as previously mentioned, is the skinny little packaging. It is great b/c it fits in a uniform pocket or yoga pants unobtrusively but it is so skinny that application without a mirror is tricky. And most of my applications are without a mirror.
Will replace. May even try the other colours once my beloved Clarins ColourQuench Lip Balms are done.
Update: So many people borrowed this colour off me at a recent Navy Mess dinner that it was missing by the end of the night. So this must be a good look for the 'no make up' crowd! LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessieisthebomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Good quality product! Bit expensive for a small quantity. It wasn't that sparkly, but you don't need a lot of it. I put only about 3 dots on my lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. It's like Clinique's Black Honey shade but without the purple undertone. It's a sheer brownish red. I love this and wear it 75% of the time. It works well with my dark brown hair and pal olive skin. It's sophisticated and slightly edgy. This color probably looks good on everyone,
I wish it had longer staying power so I only gave it 4 lips. I also wish it didn't have the mint smell and the tube screwed down but those things are pretty minor.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dtd311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip color for a natural hint of color. I wear it over clear lip balm to make sure the application is sheer because the color is a bit dark for my skin tone. Applied lightly, it's the perfect MLBB color for me. I can't speak to its staying power because I wear it over balm and feel like that makes it fade a bit faster. Love Burt's Bees, love the minty scent, great color and a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since others have commented on the formula, I'll just talk about the shade. This is a nice red-brown that's a good everyday shade for us darker-skinned ladies (I'm NC44). I like having this in my purse to swipe on whenever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by bloou

Fig is an MLBB shade for me. Love these lip shimmers from Burt's Bees. This is similar to the original lip balm, but with color. These are very moisturizing and can stand alone without lip balm underneath (but I still use one underneath because of habit). I will continue to repurchase these and I am excited to try the new shades!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This product is a great idea - moisturizing lip product + color.

However, the tube is so skinny, it's hard to locate in my purse - it would be impossible if it were not bright yellow! It would be easy to apply for people with smaller lips without making a mess. I don't have large lips but I have to make a series of several lines to get it all over my mouth. This results in it almost always looking uneven.

The color is glossy, and cinnamon stick like. It's a lot darker and intense than I was expecting. It's highly pigmented and def not sheer. Theres no shimmer in this, which I can only appreciate after trying another one (Guava) and realizing what a sparkly mess it was. It's moisturizing and has that menthol/cooling effect.

Overall it's an okay product that would be wonderful if you could find a color that works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cliu96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees lip products (and some of their hand products)--my favorites include the pomegranate oil lip balm, and of course, THIS Fig lip shimmer! The shade on me is perfect MLBB. I am Asian, with an NC35-40 skin tone, and very pale lips...I literally look almost dead without any sort of lip color on! A few swipes of this immediately wakes up my entire face. It has a strong minty flavor, but not overpowering. I'm on my third tube of this, and I go through one about once every 2.5-3 months or so, and that's applying it about once every 30 minutes. This is creamy, so it doesn't stand up too well to eating and drinking, but whipping out this little yellow tube and applying some is definitely not high-maintenance! This is definitely HG for me, and at $5 +tax, the price is great, too. One thing to note about the packaging--it does NOT go back down once you twist it up! Make sure to only twist a little bit so you can get some of the color on your lips. I find that this is more expensive at CVS and Walgreens, but cheaper at Walmart and Target (seems to be the case for everything!). I love this lip shimmer, and will continue to repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by adorebeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip shimmer, although this is more of a lip stain (most of this range have a shimmer, which I really don't like), this colour just adds a beautiful plummy shade on my lips that looks natural, I guess that's why burt bees have brought out their new range of lip tints..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this lip shimmer!
Especially the color fig, a nice dark reddish color that's quite sheer. I like the tingling sensation on my lips after applying it and it's very moisturising. I often use it in combination with a long lasting lipstick like Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay for some extra color and moisture but it can be used by itself as well ofcourse. The application is quick and easy because it's a stick, very handy. Great value for money and I will probably buy it again and again.