April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Clear Moisture Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great shampoo! I do not understand why some people hate this one so much. I have fine hair, but lots of it, and this shampoo gives me enough moisture without me having to use any conditioner at all. I've been using it for almost three months now, and I still love it.
It has a great smell, and it really cleans your hair, without stripping it, or making it dry.
Maybe it's because I've stopped getting highlights, I don't know. I even stopped using heat and conditioner, and my hair looks great. It's like my hair hates conditioner, so now I use olive oil on my ends, when it's a bit dryer.
I used to use blonde glam, and loved it, but after using it for almost a year, I noticed my hair was getting too used to it, and I needed something else. I'm glad I gave this one a try, because it's a very good shampoo!
I bought it together with Paul Mitchell's shampoo one, but ended up using the Redken shampoo a lot more.
Maybe this shampoo only works well if you have fine hair, or it's not colored. I tried the Redken shampoo for colored hair (color extend) and hated it. It left this disgusting layer on my hair, and it was just awful. My mother who colors her hair, tried the Clear Moisture shampoo, and she loved it too. So try it, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. Everybody has different hair, so if one person hates it, it doesn't mean it's going to be bad for you. If you have fine hair, but lots of it, I think you will like this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Nessa222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On the packaging, this sounds like it should be a good lightweight everyday shampoo, giving a bit of moisture but without weighing it down. However, I found it made my hair limp and heavy, and it really didn't feel clean at all. In fact it felt less clean than before I'd washed it! Perhaps it's because I only wash my hair every other day -maybe it would be good if I washed my hair daily, but I don't want to do that as it took me ages to get my hair used to two days between washes :-( Would be interesting to know how much people use of this each time. I tried washing once, then twice, then using a bit more to see if it made it cleaner, then a bit less to see if it made it easier to rinse, all to no avail! For the record, my hair is shoulder-length and fine, gets pretty oily in the roots by the end of the second day (always a ponytail day), but can be dry through the length and ends, making it hard to comb if the product I use is too cleansing -hence giving this one a go!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't normally use this product, but I tried the shampoo and conditioner when they were on a really good sale at Ulta. It did make my hair really soft and smooth, but the problem was my scalp. I have rather sensitive skin and apparently am allergic to something in this product. After less than a week of using this I broke out in this horrible burning, red, flaky rash all along my hairline and parts of my scalp. I ended up giving it away to a friend because it just did not work for me. I've never had this problem with any other hair product, not even other Redken products. This is a great product for people who are not allergic to it, but if you know you have sensitive skin it would be wise to spend your money on something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This stuff smelled great and did a good job cleaning my hair. It left no residue behind, moisturized well, and the smell wasn't overly strong. However, for the price, you really don't get a lot of product, so I see this as kind of a rip off. I've used cheaper shampoos that have done just as good (if not better) a job than this stuff, so I unfortunately won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In general, I like this shampoo. it is lightweight and moisturizing. However, I have two issues with it: one is the price (I paid 25 Canadian for 1L) and the other one is the price/quality ratio. I have used other similar shampoos like Senscience and Wella professional, and they are a bit cheaper and have the same results. Other cheaper brands like Clairol or Dove lightweight oil damage therapy also do a good job on my hair. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick the dove one, or senscience, which is cheaper in Asia.
In sum, it's a very good lightweight and moisturizing shampoo, but there are similar ones on the market for a better price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by xLaurettax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Provides little to no moisture on my thick, untreated hair. It may be OK for someone with thinner, less dense hair. My hair isn't really dry but for a product that says for "normal to dry hair" I expected a little more moisturizing. After using both shampoo and conditioner my hair felt tangled and dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by olson

I used to like Clear Moisture, but they have changed the formula of the Redken shampoos and now I hate them. Clear Moisture now makes my hair full of static, dry and feel like straw. All Soft used to be great, but since they reformulated that one too, it makes my hair greasy and weighed down. Redken was my favorite shampoo, but now I have to search for a new one! What a shame that Redken would change a good formula! I was a Redken shampoo buyer for years, but no longer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the Clear Moisture line is my favorite from the Redken line. I tried the All Soft one but unfortunately it weighed my hair down too much. And the Colour Extend line gave me an allergic reaction. I have medium textured hair but it's really thick which I also get thinned out whenever I get a haircut. And this is does not weigh my hair down at all but still leaves it nice and soft and it smells really good ( Light apricot and citrusy smell). If hadn't started to dye my hair which I did 2 months ago, I would still be using this, because it's the best shampoo and conditioner I've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mlq

Overall a good schampoo but not my favourite when it comes to schampoo's that doesn't weight down your hair. My hair get's greasy from too heavy products, but it still needs moisture so I thought this would be the perfect schampoo. I prefer using the all soft schampoo without the conditioner instead if I have to go with Redken. The clear moisture hair treatment masque however brings out the awesomeness in my hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really, really like this shampoo!!!! I have thick, wavy hair that tends to be somewhat on the drier side, but I find that many moisturizing shampoos are just too much for my hair and leave a gunky build-up. This shampoo does not, though! It cleans well without stripping and doesn't leave any build-up. Leaves my hair nice and bouncy, and I must admit it's much shinier now than it was before I started using this shampoo. I pair it with the All-Soft conditioner. I really love this combo! I knocked a lippie off because the price is crazy, I would not buy it at the full price, but I got this on sale for under $12 a liter after an Ulta sale + coupon.