September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Sweet Cheeks Liquid Blush - Girlie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I mainly bought this in 2 colors (Girlie and Baby) because it was dirt cheap on Sephora.com ($3.38!) and it sounded interesting. I rarely wear blush, but I'm starting to really like the way it looks on me since foundations tend to wash my already pale (MAC NW15-NW20) skin out even more and leave me looking more pale than usual (I do have redness/pinkness in my cheeks and across my nose naturally, which disappears with foundation or tinted moisturizer).

Sweet Cheeks comes in a nail-polish style container and applies with a brush. While I find the idea of liquid blush a little frightening (because I'm afraid I'm going to put way too much on or it's not going to be sheer enough), this was extremely easy to apply although the brush in my bottle of Girlie is a little out of whack and doesn't apply a nice neat little dot, more like a blob. The pigmentation in the Sweet Cheeks blushes that I tried was very sheer, so no worries about looking like Bozo, even for an amateur like me.

Girlie appears to be a rosy pink in the container and initially looks the same on my skin, but it blends in very quickly, with just some gentle patting and turns into a pale flush of pink with subtle shimmer. Very natural looking (aside from the shimmer, which is barely enough to be noticeable) and flattering on my skin. I imagine this could be built up by applying more (and it would probably need to be for ladies with darker skin tones than mine), but I like the way it looks when it's sheer and subtle.

I would definitely buy this again at the price I paid, but I wouldn't pay retail on this. I'd be more likely to buy a MAC sheertone pressed blush or another liquid blush with a little more oomph to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 11:21:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

The nail-polish style bottle doesnt work for me.. It's simply too messy and makes me nervous that I'll spill it. I'd much prefer this in a squeeze tube. The blush has a liquid/gel texture and spreads smoothly and evenly. It has medium staying power, but not as long-lasting as MAC's aquadisiac blushes.

I would prefer a pinky-red color, this is more of a peachy-pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by pixzichik

I wanted to buy this as a replacement for my Maybellene cool effect blush. However, this cannot replace that. It is just average. It blends ok, and the color's ok, but it doesn't really have any shimmer. Maybe some people can see it, but when you put it on, there really isn't any shimmer at all. Oh well. Nothin special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

I couldn't wait to try this product and purchased it in both Girlie and Honey Bunny. Girlie is a pretty pinky-peach shimmering color which was flattering and long-lasting. Looked much bolder on me than the Honey Bunny. Very light feeling with good pigment in cute and portable packaging. Not my favorite blush, but a nice addition. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 2:36:00 PM More reviews by chichi825

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A wonderful liquid blush at a fantastic price. Excellent staying power, easy blendability, nice sheer texture. This particular color is a soft peachy pink with tonal iridescence. It comes in a little bottle reminiscent of nail polish with a brush applicator. I use this almost daily as a base for my powder blushes. My only wish is that Hard Candy would come up with more colors for this product, as there are four colors that are all some variation of peachy pink naturalId like to see some more vibrant colors. Overall, Id recommend this to someone in search of a liquid/cream blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2004 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimberly326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very cute blush! Gives a sexy pink glow to my cheeks, and is buildable so you can have a sheer or more dramatic look. It is sooo easy to blend without those wierd streaks & uneveness I get from some cream & liquid blushes I've tried. I'm looking forward to purchasing Honey Bunny as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by simpleallure

Just received this from a wonderful swapper! This is the best liquid blush i've tried, truly looks like an angelic glow from within- doesnt streak at all! The color looks great on my skin- it smoothes on nicely, good texture- i love the overall glow effect- has a subtle sheen, which gives it a very nice natural look- love it! :] EDIT: well after using it almost everyday, i noticed after i put it on..it sort of sinks into my skin and fades (i have more of a golden light tan)... so i guess the staying power isn't to great for this! i wish it would just STICK like how it initially looks when you just apply it! X(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Pixie410

Love it! It's got a smooth texure, with no tacky or stickiness. And all you have to do is dot your cheeks and blend. The color's a pinky/peach/coral (think Nars Orgasm) that makes your cheeks glow. I often have a hard time blending powder blushes so this product's been a real discovery and an instant HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the product enough that I'll probably get some of the other shades in my next Sephora haul.

This blush is GORGEOUS...it's a beautiful warm corally-peach colour. It lasts about 4 hours on me (it's summer and i have terribly oily skin).

$13.95 for a bottle the same size as Benetint. Very cheap! I'd pay more for this product, actually...it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This liquid blush comes in a nail-polish applicator bottle. (very cute). The colour is a pinkish-peach, more pink to me though. I find a little goes a long way, blends well, quite pigmented as well.