October 24, 2014 | 1167 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is just a "good" powder
it does its job but nothing amazing.
keeps me matte for maybe a couple of hours, but then i start to get oily again :(
price in canada is pretty expensive, it was like 16 after tax? or around 14.
i have oily skin so i know that i could get something even better for a fraction of the price like the elf loose powder, and the rimmel one.

packaging is a bit big, it did come with a puff that worked well.

will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

The main thing I like about this pressed powder in Translucent is that it's not a solid block of color. Application is light and soft. I've tried other translucent pressed powders that are a solid block of color, and even a light application with a brush leaves a heavier finish than I want.

The compact now comes with a brush rather than a puff in the lower section, and the brush also contributes to providing a light application. I apply concealer to cover a little redness on my inner cheeks, and this powder sets the concealer and still looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the first thing I noticed about this powder was how dry it felt so the first time I put it on it was super chalky and it made my skin look extremely dry. The directions say to apply it over moisturizer and, boy, is that great advice! What I do is, use Almay wake up as my foundation, apply a bit of Aveeno moisturizer and then apply the powder with a brush. The powder makes the face looks really smooth and natural and coverage lasts long. If your face gets oily, the just apply a thin layer with the buff par and smooth the excess away with your index fingers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of PF powders but this shade just missed the mark. The translucent makes me look chalky. Does a decent job of setting my makeup and doesn't make my skin break out.

I have never really cared for the PF packaging. The little holes on the bottom always make for a messy bag since the loose powder dust falls through and the lid always ends up cracking before I am done wtih the compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgurl208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great! It sets my makeup and gives me a really nice even coverage for my pale skin. I love the packaging. I prefer brushes for application so I don't really use the included puff. Although the compact mirror is a really nice feature. I think I have definitely found an everyday must which is really rare!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT!

I switched to this from the PF mineral wear talc-free pressed powder (It was good to me but I just wanted a change).

Im super duper uber pale so nothing ever works well with my skintone but this seems just perfectly fine. It gives me just a slight glow with no orange tinges or anything. I can use this alone and I can use it over makeup and it never gets cakey or anything. The puff it comes with is cute..its just a round white cloth type puff that seems to work just fine and even handwashes well.

I recommend this for sure!

PS: The only thing I dont like about this (and like all the other PF pressed powders) is the packaging is so fat that I cant really carry it around because it doesnt fit in my purses very well because its just bulky. ah well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by celloplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm surprised by how many negative reviews this product got. I guess it just goes to show not all products work on everyone. I wasn't really expecting this powder to do much. I actually only bought it to set my makeup as a temporary replacement. I had a bad reaction to one of Physicians Formula's loose powders a long time ago so I was initially really scared to try it. When I tried it out, everything seemed decent so I used it the next morning. My face, especially my T-zone, gets super oily so I blot with MAC's blot powder around the afternoon. When I went to go blot, I noticed my face was still pretty matte! In my opinion, this product is great for oil control, even comparable to MAC. No significant breakouts yet so I'm happy with this product and plan to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by burpqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty good skin and i just have a few red spots so this works great for me. this probably wouldnt work well for people who need lots of coverage or people with oily skin. but for people who want a little coerage with normal or combination skin this will probably be a great product for you! and i love the little mirror it has in it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This did not stop me from looking oily or red. Also, I tried to like the multi-colored palette, but it just left me looking blotchy. I will keep this in my purse for emergencies, but there are better powders (like Maybelline Dream Matte Powder).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would highly recommend this pressed powder if:

You have very, very fair skin with any type of undertones.

You have normal to dry skin. (It might not provide enough oil absorption for oily skin types.

This is not translucent on pale white skin but will add a natural, light peaches and cream coverage to your face, evening out skin tone, get rid of shine without dulling the complexion and give that poreless natural look. Wonderful for those of us who cannot find anything that doesn't look pink or orange or dead white on our faces.

I still might use concealer around red areas on nostrils and although I don't have dark circles under my eyes I use Prestige white eyeshadow (not matte) under my eyes, inner eye and brow as illumination alternative.

To apply this powder I use an Ecco brush that is very thick and dense (best ever for applying pressed powder)and when I'm finished applying blush I go over my face lightly with a flat topped bronzer brush. On my moisturized combo to somewhat dry skin, this works beautifully and the powder is remarkably long lasting. Does not look cakey what so ever!

Use this every day. One coat for super natural look and two or more applications for more polished look. Great stuff.