August 1, 2014 | 1686 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this eyeliner about 20 years now and it works perfectly for my Korean eyes. The wear is long lasting and the pen tip is excellent for drawing a good line. The black is not the blackest black but it is black enough for me (i actually like that it isn't too black bc I wear liquid eyeliner everyday to work) When I want more drama, I build up my line and sometimes do a cat eye. I have tried Stila and Dior. Stila irritates my eyes and smudges and Dior is similar to Chanel. I have tried the BB gel liner and that smudges.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go-to liner for 2 or 3 years. I like the look of it, and usually managed a clean enough line. However, I've found that because you have to 'click' the product out, sometimes the tip got funked up or otherwise ended up depositing too much liner. I also had some difficulties with the brush itself, while usually great, I accidentally bent some of the bristles, and they left rogue smudges across my eyelids until I snipped the bent pieces off with nail scissors. I also wish the eyeliner dried a little more quickly, although if you're careful, it isn't that big of an issue. All in all, it is a good enough product, though I have since found one more suited to my tastes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ohylime

I bought this product when I decided to splurge and actually get a nice eyeliner. I loved it the first few times that I used it. Easy to take off and apply. I had to shake it up a bit to make sure the color is always dark thought and not blotchy.

I wear eyeliner daily now and usually just a small wing and in between the eyelashes, so I need something with a point that applies easily.

SO, THEN I started to notice that the liquid always gets stuck. Too much always over flows out and then hardens on the brush for me. It was a pain in the butt. The color wasnt dark enough of was blotchy, the liquid gets stuck and dries way too fast for beginner users. I hate applying it and realizing nothing went on at all!!

I started hating this product and eventually ended up buying another eyeliner that was 10 dollars cheaper worked 10 times better. Will not be spending money on this product ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

Love love love this liner! It's a staple in my collection, and I find myself reaching for it regularly. It's such a benefit to be able to control how much product comes out of the tube. That makes up for the price, because a little bit goes a long way and even if you use it everyday, it should still last a long time.

Another good thing about this liner is the brush tip. It's a fine tip that's high quality, making it easy to create a thin line for everyday use, or to create a chic winged line if that's what you like. And the tip won't fray or break down before the product runs out either. It's an all around great investment to make if you like liquid eyeliner, or a sharp, clean look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In the past few months, I decided to ditch all my colorful eyeshadows and embrace the classic parisian look: eyeliner, mascara and red lips.
That's why I decided to get Ecriture in Black. It's pricey, but after reading about it on the Cherry Blossom Girl's blog, I bought it.
What a surprise! It goes on smoothly and creates a neat line that lasts for hours. I can even draw two nice wings at the corner of the eyes. And I could do it from the first application!
When you twist the pencil the color comes out very shiny, but after a while the ink dries and the effect is quite elegant and refined.
The felt tip is soft, but firm enough to make a precise line. I am not yet running out of the
product, after months of daily use.
If you can afford it, this is the easiest and chicest way to achieve your new cat's eyes look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is indeed a great liquid eyeliner, even it's pricey it lasted for more than one year (I was using it daily). While I was using it, I had no complaint with it. The lasting power is great, it's waterproof, easy to use, had everything I needed for a liquid liner.

However, I gave it 4 lipsticks because I do believe some of the drugstore eyeliner would do the same good job as this one. For this reason I wouldn't buy this again. Unless you are really in to HE brands, then this would be a good HE item to own. It's still the best liquid eyeliner out all the HE eyeliners I used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Steve23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeliner. I had to get used to it the first few times, but once used to it it's amazing.
It gives me a nice, black and good looking line. Great for creating a thin line as well as a thicker winged line. When opening this pen for the first time the brush is quite hard, but once the eyeliner itself comes out it softens and makes it easy to apply.

The way I use it: First start with curling my lashes(always do this as a first step, otherwise my eyeshadow and liner will smudge a tiny bit). Then I put on UD primer potion followed by some eyeshadow. Although I'm getting better at putting eyeliner on I still make a thin line with a kohl across my lid. Then I use this eyeliner and wing it out. Works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this due to good reviews and I wanted a portable eyeliner (normally using MAC pot & brush which is fantastic but not portable). What a waste of money this Chanel product is. Creates a hard unflattering look (believe me, I like a sharp look to my eyeliner but this added years to my eyes) and flaked off hideously. The sort of poor performance you'd expect from a 1 eyeliner from the supermarket but in super expensive packaging. Ridiculous. Honestly, cheaper eyelners perform way better. This may have been a go-to product years ago, but these days the Maybelline and Eyekos put this expensive product to shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to be a huge fan of this eyeliner... it easy to apply, doesn't smudge and errr quite long lasting. I have repurchased this product for few times. But there are few down sides from this liner; (1) As a first time user, it irritated me because of the automatic didn't work very well, I have to keep twisted it for many times (2) after i applied it then curl my lashes, most of the liner almost disappeared so I have to reapplied it, which waste the product as well.
Although I still repurchased it for few times, I might stop buy it after I found art liner from Lancome. Or maybe not...cos its too convience to use that's all....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always been a bit scared when I put on liquid eyeliners. In the past when I tried these one, I didn't like it, because it was too intense, so for years I've only worn pencil lines, or eyeshadow. But today I decided to buy a liquid liner, and try it. And I must say I really like it. It's easy to apply with the brush. I've just tried it on, and I immediately could draw a nice line on my eye, it's not too dark, but perfect for my greenish blue eyes.

The best way to apply is to press once, and if too much comes out, just wipe it off on a tissue. If you don't have a steady hand you should practise on an egg. I have rather big almond cheap eyes, so maybe that's why it works so easy for me. If you have small eyes it can be tricky to apply.